Danielle Lickey - Houseguest Discussion

bbott-danielle-lickey.jpg

Age: 23 | Hometown: Visalia, CA | Occupation: Preschool Teacher

Are you a fan of Big Brother?

I am a fan of Big Brother! I am! I wouldn't consider myself a super fan because I don't remember all of those little details that make a super fan a super fan, but I have been watching the show since season five. I love the show.

Did you audition for the show?

I auditioned! I've auditioned for three years in a row.

Congrats on finally making it!

I've been pretty determined to be on the show! 

Over the years who would you say is your favorite winner?

I don't have one favorite winner. I love Dr. Will [Kirby], Derrick [Levasseur] and Rachel [Reilly]. All for different reasons! I don't really have a least favorite winner. If you make it that far than obviously you had a really good game and I respect it! As a fan of the game itself I think if you win, you're where I want to be and you did something right!

Who are your favorites from season 17 and 18?

I loved James [Huling] and Natalie [Negrotti]! And I liked Victor [Arroyo]. My least favorite would probably be Zakiyah [Everette], Paulie [Calafiore] and Bronte [D'Acquisto]. I probably would have had a really big headache in the house with them! (Laughs)! In season 17 my least favorite was the wrestler with the beard. I liked the twins in a sense that I thought it was cool that they were able to get far. I liked Johnny Mac a lot. I didn't like Da'Vonne [Rogers] on that season. I was sad she got sent home so soon.

Are you team Paulie or Da'Vonne?

I'm definitely team Da'Vonne! And being a mother you just never bring up someone's child! I can understand where she is coming from and why she got so upset. And especially if you're away from your child for that long. Any mention of them is going to set you off. And I don't really like the way Paulie played. Zakiyah really made herself look stupid on TV! And I feel bad because I'm like, "Come on girl! He's not even that cute! (Laughs)!

Do you have a daughter or a son?

I have a three year old son who is my whole world. I'm a single mom. If I were to win $250,000 I would buy us a tiny house! I really, really want a tiny house! I'd probably take a year off of work and drive it across the country. He has family in Georgia so we would drive across the country in our little tiny house!

Are you looking for a showmance?

Yeah. It helps the time pass when you have someone to connect with in the house, but to an extent. I want a Jeff [Schroeder] and Jordan [Lloyd] showmance. Or like one of Nicole [Franzel's] showmances where it's very PG and it's not super dramatic. If it came down to it though I would rather play the person than have them play me.

Are you going to align with the girls or the guys?

I want to say girls because I want to see the girls go far, but at the same time I know how I am! I'm a guy's girl. My whole life I've had more guy friends than girl friends. I'll go in hoping that I find some girls I get along with, but I'll probably get along more with the guys than anything.

4 hours ago, Marty said:

She looks a lot like Z (same profession) but a tad bit prettier 

She does look a lot like Z. I hadn't noticed that. I like her edgy look better than Z's more relaxed look. I can see her being part of a guy alliance though, if she really is a "guys girl".

52 minutes ago, Moonpetal said:

Can someone help me out? I'm not getting the Dani love. She seems pushy and a bit inflated. Just very self absorbed.  I don't get the guys acting like she is some stunning looking woman. Like Justin calling her a goddess. What???? 

She is very beautiful. I think in the house only Shane and Justin like her. She is not popular with the live feeders. I think she is OK but I think she failed to connect with the other girls in the house. Kinda like Nicole. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2016 at 10:31 AM, wingfan728 said:

I watch the live feeds sporadically, this has been a tough season for me to connect with.  What I don't get is the America vote against Danielle, did she do something besides get in a showmance that the live feeders dislike?

From comments it was pretty much 2 things. Some hated the Showmance and some disliked her talking too much in the group conversations.

I think she is playing a smart game. She is probably the best strategist in the game. 

3 minutes ago, Marty said:

From comments it was pretty much 2 things. Some hated the Showmance and some disliked her talking too much in the group conversations.

I think she is playing a smart game. She is probably the best strategist in the game. 

Thanks Marty, this season has been tough to understand  "America's Vote", Aimee's blog helps show what Live Feeders, but all the different "groups" who band together on-line, is a bit much for me....It's a shame when HOH is negated by ACP like this week.  I enjoy the house split, but enjoy the strategists who can maneuver side alliances effectively and also enjoy when housemates are SO bad at it.  I never saw the Danielle who talked too much during group conversations...my ZoomTak box allows me to watch live and watch each Wednesday live, but won't replay...frustrating.