James Huling (14th evicted - Day 99 - 9th Jury member)

JEDI

2 hours ago, BBMike said:

maybe I am crazy, but does anyone remember James making a deal not to put up bridgette and then totally putting her up immediatly????

I remember it well. I did not like the move because there were so many people left in the game, james could have easily gone to the rest of the alliance and asked for a pawn. When people would have objected, he could have easily argued that he gave his word and he was sticking to it. I think he would have looked like a person exhibiting leadership skills, rather than looking like someone who would bend at the first sight of opposition. It also would have shown Bridgette that he was worthy of trust and Nat would have been able to reel her in as the game advanced.  

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Marty said:

Sure do. Bridgette as a pawn. The guy was playing the game and got Frank out. Bridgette would have taken Frank down. Good game move James.

If James goes out third and gets AFP he will have won more money then second place winner..... la tee da 

The majority of the house was against Frank and Bridgette at that point. If they would have let her win the veto, that would have been on the whole alliance, not just James. Besides if she would have won and took Frank down, there were others that could have been nominated and sent home. From the minute James went back on his word, I thought it was a bad move strategically and let everyone know that James word was not worth anything. I wonder if that was on Nic's mind when her and James were on the wall. 

2 minutes ago, joystiick said:

The majority of the house was against Frank and Bridgette at that point. If they would have let her win the veto, that would have been on the whole alliance, not just James. Besides if she would have won and took Frank down, there were others that could have been nominated and sent home. From the minute James went back on his word, I thought it was a bad move strategically and let everyone know that James word was not worth anything. I wonder if that was on Nic's mind when her and James were on the wall. 

And Victor putting up Paulie and Corey who were in his alliance was a good game move. Victor and Paul had just shook hands final 3 with Paulie. Everyone breaks their word. Paul just promised James F2 if he voted out Corey. For some reason people think James has to keep his word but nobody else does. :huh:

25 minutes ago, Marty said:

And Victor putting up Paulie and Corey who were in his alliance was a good game move. Victor and Paul had just shook hands final 3 with Paulie. Everyone breaks their word. Paul just promised James F2 if he voted out Corey. For some reason people think James has to keep his word but nobody else does. :huh:

There are times to break your word, but, in the case of Bridgette and James, I believe that was a bad move because Bridgette wasn't the target. He could have gotten someone else to be the pawn for the week. Breaking his word with "the she could win and take Frank down" excuse was weak. She wasn't some comp beast that could not be beaten. I know we will never agree on James this season, I just think he made some major mistakes this season and really disappointed me. 

12 hours ago, joystiick said:

There are times to break your word, but, in the case of Bridgette and James, I believe that was a bad move because Bridgette wasn't the target. He could have gotten someone else to be the pawn for the week. Breaking his word with "the she could win and take Frank down" excuse was weak. She wasn't some comp beast that could not be beaten. I know we will never agree on James this season, I just think he made some major mistakes this season and really disappointed me. 

Yes, for a returning player, he was very weak on strategy. Da was weak too, but she's got serious anger problems, so it was only a matter of time before she cracked. I liked her earlier in the game, but I knew she could only hide the old Da for so long.

James, I expected better. I expected him to learn from his previous time on BB, and know how to play the game. He just seemed to treat the summer as a vacation, and forgot he was there to win.

14 hours ago, joystiick said:

But Bridgette was the only one that would take down Frank and the goal was to get out Frank. If Bridgette came down he was putting up someone else. James told Bridgette she was not the target. I still say it was a good game move to get Frank out. 

So James using his vote cancelling to change the game was a good game move. James was the pivotal vote in to big evictions. He got Frank out. I think in the last comps he did try to win but he was not as good and lost. 

As a feed watcher I really spent a lot of time listening to James explain his game to Natalie. It was the game moves Dan or Derrick would have used. This season wasn't the best environment for a nice player but James being trusted and not winning comps got him to the F3. 

Whatever game moves he made there were not many mainly because he was not being targeted.  I like James but in my opinion he was playing for AFP and not 500,000. I have a different opinion than most.  I think if Nicole takes James and not Paul she will lose and it will not be because James played a better game it will be because he is liked by the jury.  I hope she has some sort of wake up call because the only chance she has is to take Paul and even then she could still lose.

2 hours ago, Janis said:

Whatever game moves he made there were not many mainly because he was not being targeted.  I like James but in my opinion he was playing for AFP and not 500,000. I have a different opinion than most.  I think if Nicole takes James and not Paul she will lose and it will not be because James played a better game it will be because he is liked by the jury.  I hope she has some sort of wake up call because the only chance she has is to take Paul and even then she could still lose.

If she takes Paul, she'll have to rely on the traditional "female" jury vote. Normally, that's almost guaranteed. However, this year I'm not sure it is. The women didn't get along well with Nicole. So, who would she have?  Probably: Natalie, James, Corey. Maybe: Da and Z.  She needs those 5. It's a tough call.

Against James, she has: Corey, Paul, Victor, Paulie. Maybe Da and Z and Bridgette.   I think it's an easier win against James.

James definitely has an easier time sitting next to Nicole, rather than Paul.  Against Paul, I think the only vote James gets is Natalie.

20 hours ago, Marty said:

Marty, thank you for sticking up for James.  There are 'mean girls' everywhere (and mean boys).  Once someone is down they all attack and seems like this season James is fair game.

James was in an orphanage. Seems he was adopted.  Not sure how that family treated him but he has said he doesn't know if anyone will be in audience to support him.  Stop these F+++ing attacks.  While Nic and Paul brag about their loving families they are acting like spoiled brats.   

James made great moves and made mistakes just like the rest.  Thankfully Marty is reminding everyone of the excellent moves James has made.  Love James...and love Marty !! 

Edited by abdala
incorrect spelling

1 hour ago, Canopus said:

If she takes Paul, she'll have to rely on the traditional "female" jury vote. Normally, that's almost guaranteed. However, this year I'm not sure it is. The women didn't get along well with Nicole. So, who would she have?  Probably: Natalie, James, Corey. Maybe: Da and Z.  She needs those 5. It's a tough call.

Against James, she has: Corey, Paul, Victor, Paulie. Maybe Da and Z and Bridgette.   I think it's an easier win against James.

James definitely has an easier time sitting next to Nicole, rather than Paul.  Against Paul, I think the only vote James gets is Natalie.

Do you seriously believe women would vote for a slime who calls women c-nts?  No matter if Bridgette is angry with James I doubt she or any other women would vote for such a foul mouthed pig.  At least I hope they wont.

22 minutes ago, abdala said:

Marty, thank you for sticking up for James.  There are 'mean girls' everywhere (and mean boys).  Once someone is down they all attack and seems like this season James is fair game.

James was in an orphanage. Seems he was adopted.  Not sure how that family treated him but he has said he doesn't know if anyone will be in audience to support him.  Stop these F+++ing attacks.  While Nic and Paul brag about their loving families they are acting like spoiled brats.   

James made great moves and made mistakes just like the rest.  Thankfully Marty is reminding everyone of the excellent moves James has made.  Love James...and love Marty !! 

awww thanks 

8 minutes ago, abdala said:

Do you seriously believe women would vote for a slime who calls women c-nts?  No matter if Bridgette is angry with James I doubt she or any other women would vote for such a foul mouthed pig.  At least I hope they wont.

I don't watch the feeds, so I don't know how Paul has treated the women on the jury. If all he did was use the word c-nts occasionally, then I think a reasonable woman would overlook that if he clearly deserves the win. Perhaps some are not reasonable (Da, for example). So maybe James would stand a chance against Paul.

To be clear, I think Paul is a dirt-bag, and I don't like him. But I do think he has outplayed James by almost every metric, except likability.

I hope the jury isn't so bitter as to base their vote solely on likability.

4 minutes ago, Canopus said:

I don't watch the feeds, so I don't know how Paul has treated the women on the jury. If all he did was use the word c-nts occasionally, then I think a reasonable woman would overlook that if he clearly deserves the win.

Seriously? I don't think so. I feel I am a reasonable woman but no man and I mean no man would ever get away with using that word in my presence. Never would vote for him. 

3 minutes ago, Canopus said:

I don't watch the feeds, so I don't know how Paul has treated the women on the jury. If all he did was use the word c-nts occasionally, then I think a reasonable woman would overlook that if he clearly deserves the win. Perhaps some are not reasonable (Da, for example). So maybe James would stand a chance against Paul.

To be clear, I think Paul is a dirt-bag, and I don't like him. But I do think he has outplayed James by almost every metric, except likability.

I hope the jury isn't so bitter as to base their vote solely on likability.

Well we agree re him being a dirt bag.    I do believe women would have strong negative reaction to all his demeaning words and actions toward women.   Seems most women posting here feel the same way.  As someone has said, it is not always the comp winners who win the game, that the social game often wins.  

It's almost over.  We will soon see what happens.

2 hours ago, abdala said:

Well we agree re him being a dirt bag.    I do believe women would have strong negative reaction to all his demeaning words and actions toward women.   Seems most women posting here feel the same way.  As someone has said, it is not always the comp winners who win the game, that the social game often wins.  

It's almost over.  We will soon see what happens.

Okay, I'll have to take your word for it. I'm looking at it from a guy's perspective. We can get called any nasty names, but in the end, it's just words. It's really actions that count.

(Though as I said, I don't watch the feeds, so maybe Paul was abusive in other ways than just words.)

2 hours ago, Canopus said:

Okay, I'll have to take your word for it. I'm looking at it from a guy's perspective. We can get called any nasty names, but in the end, it's just words. It's really actions that count.

(Though as I said, I don't watch the feeds, so maybe Paul was abusive in other ways than just words.)

2 hours ago, Canopus said:

As you can imagine I am thrilled that Paul did not win.  And Natalie's question/statement were necessary to explain that his words and actions led to his downfall. 

2 minutes ago, Slowpoke said:

Ohh... and Paul's explanation to James why he picked Nicole for F2 was really lame.

(Even Nicole didn't understand it)

That was stupid. Everybody who has ever made f3, tries to cut deals with the other two people to get taken to f2. 

26 minutes ago, Slowpoke said:

Loved seeing James's little girl getting big hugs and kisses from her Dad on stage. ♡♡♡

Ohh... and Paul's explanation to James why he picked Nicole for F2 was really lame.

(Even Nicole didn't understand it)

That was so sweet seeing James with the kids. 

Paul made that comment to turn James against Nicole. I think James is not bitter and loved the experience. 

13 hours ago, Marty said:

awww thanks 

My original questioning about James deal with Bridgette wasn't to say he was only one who broke a promise, but that he actually did break one at all.  And if I remember he wasn't supposed to put up Frank either.  And boom, very early in the game he showed he could not be trusted.  This wasn't a back room deal that only few knew about, this was out in front for all to see.  That was his poor move of the game in my opinion.

7 hours ago, Marty said:

That was so sweet seeing James with the kids. 

Paul made that comment to turn James against Nicole. I think James is not bitter and loved the experience. 

I agree with you that it was part of the plan to get James vote, and to that point it worked.  Brilliant move actually.