James Huling (14th evicted - Day 99 - 9th Jury member)

JEDI

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Canopus said:

James played a poor game. He doesn't deserve to be in the final 3.

Nicole and Paul definitely deserve it. Paul played the better game, but Nichole is more likable.

How do you explain all the players that have won without winning any comps or only comps in the finals. Dr Will, Steve last year, Jordan, Andy and many more. It is sometimes more about social game and aligning yourself with certain people at certain times. 

James may have played a poor game (I agree), but Nicole played a worst one.

Paul I don't like at all, but he played a better game than James and Nicole combined.

If I were on the jury, I would definitely reward Paul over Nicole.

I would also want to reward Paul over James if they were in the final two, but my heartstrings would be pulled in James's favor.

I just like him and it would make me feel really good casting a vote for him to have the money.

I agree that Paul has played the best game of the three remaining HGs.  If I were on the jury I'd vote for Paul.  I'm not so sure that DaVonne would vote for James over Paul.  I think she's pretty fair-minded.  I think she'll vote on game play.  IMO James made a couple of poor decisions.  He's lucky to be in the final three.  JMO

One thing to remember about James and people trashing him for not winning comps. (Just one HOH)

Dr. Will won the game by winning zero comps and acting like he didn't care about the game. Some call him the greatest

James was the deciding vote in 2 important evictions and knew when to switch sides and used his good personality and trusting nature to have people keep him.

He may not win the game but he did play a good strategic game

51 minutes ago, Marty said:

One thing to remember about James and people trashing him for not winning comps. (Just one HOH)

Dr. Will won the game by winning zero comps and acting like he didn't care about the game. Some call him the greatest

James was the deciding vote in 2 important evictions and knew when to switch sides and used his good personality and trusting nature to have people keep him.

He may not win the game but he did play a good strategic game

Very good points!

Well, once again James is an easy guy to like but I kinda wondered how he made it this far this time.  Marty says that he played a good game strategically and I truly respect her opinion when it comes to BB so I am going to tell you that yeah, I hope James wins.  He is definitely the least objectionable of the three, to me, so give the money to James and send them all home. 

Adore James but he's no Dr Will. Not even close game wise. No comparison. 

Not everyone makes it this far by playing a good game. Just look at many of the past F3. 

If either of them happen to taje him to the F2 he won't win based on game play. It will be purely his likability. They can't make the jury vote on gameplay. If that was the case the other two beat him hands down. Even all the past players on the after show say his game weak. These are people that have played the game. 

When I look at James I see a huge beating heart.  What a wonderful dad he must be.  He is so loving and wants to find someone to share his life with and he soon will. He made some strong moves for sure.  He made some mistakes. Giving Natalie some credit, she followed James lead when her intuition told her to do the opposite.  That built up resentment and she struck out at him.  Bad move Natalie,  in regard to James fans.   But since then he seems sad and defeated.  He was cut deep re Natalie's words and finding out more about her actions before they got together.  I think he is really depressed due to that.

He has trusted Nicole but seems she will betray him.  Rough season for James.

I was hoping James would win AFP but seems Vic will win and he is also my fav.  Vic and James are on equal footing on my fav list.  Happy that one of them will win AFP and go home with something.  Didn't James win $5,000 and a vacation?  I hope so, that will give he and beautiful little girl some fun to enjoy together.

Best scenario would be for Nic or Paul to take James to F2.  'Expect the unexpected'...I so hope that is true on Wednesday !!     

Also, James and Corey were the most respectful guys in the house.  Bravo for gentlemen !!

I don't really know James' true and unabridged story and it is certainly none of my business but he seems really, really nice and I have to think that his time (and future) might be better represented at a college or university - I'm thinking he is a veteran; yes? - than whole summers on Big Brother. If he wins, that would be about $350K, and a different matter but from what I read here, his chances of doing so are not wonderful.  But then, I've never understood how people could put their lives on hold for three months and repeatedly; more so.  I have also never understood how adults cry and moan about missing their families when they are basically on vacation by choice.  I think that is hilarious and I think that James was a foolish man to relinquish that comp to Nicole so that she could hear from her family.  ROFLMAO.  Maybe he couldn't have won it and knew that?

1 hour ago, Slimcruz said:

I don't really know James' true and unabridged story and it is certainly none of my business but he seems really, really nice and I have to think that his time (and future) might be better represented at a college or university - I'm thinking he is a veteran; yes? - than whole summers on Big Brother. If he wins, that would be about $350K, and a different matter but from what I read here, his chances of doing so are not wonderful.  But then, I've never understood how people could put their lives on hold for three months and repeatedly; more so.  I have also never understood how adults cry and moan about missing their families when they are basically on vacation by choice.  I think that is hilarious and I think that James was a foolish man to relinquish that comp to Nicole so that she could hear from her family.  ROFLMAO.  Maybe he couldn't have won it and knew that?

At the time James believed he was in a Final 4 with Nicole and Corey but ..... you are right he never should have given Nicole the comp. He may have dropped before her but we will never know. 

James problem is is too trusting and he puts too much faith into Karma or as he says. Everything is planned and written out. 

His downfall is that he will never play the nasty game and got stuck in the house with Paulie's and Paul's who play dirty. He saw Derrick win by being nice and respectful but it just won't work this season. He didn't adjust well. Love the guy even if he screwed up. 

30 minutes ago, Marty said:

At the time James believed he was in a Final 4 with Nicole and Corey but ..... you are right he never should have given Nicole the comp. He may have dropped before her but we will never know. 

James problem is is too trusting and he puts too much faith into Karma or as he says. Everything is planned and written out. 

His downfall is that he will never play the nasty game and got stuck in the house with Paulie's and Paul's who play dirty. He saw Derrick win by being nice and respectful but it just won't work this season. He didn't adjust well. Love the guy even if he screwed up. 

ITA with everything you said. The other thing people have to understand is when you are in an alliance with someone, if you end up being the last two left in an endurance challenge, one person has to concede to the other. If you fight it out, the alliance is over and all trust will be lost. Also, if you are not being targeted, it is not bad game play to give up an HOH for the opportunity to compete in the next HOH comp. With all that in mind and James assuming that Vic and Paul were still the targets, giving up that HOH to Nic wasn't a bad game move at that time. It didn't become a bad game move until Nicorey decided to make the F4 with P/V. What I fault James for is sitting around and not going up and talking to Nicorey. Even when things are supposed to be a sure thing, you still have to go make sure that your alliance members are still on board for the sure thing. That is when James lost my vote and I believe his best chance to win the game.  

4 hours ago, Slimcruz said:

Yes, James is a veteran.  James definitely made crucial mistakes.  Again trusting the wrong person.  That also has been Vic;s mistake.  And rather amazing that they both are high scorers for AFH or AFP, whatever it is called this year. 

My votes for AFP are with James.  Mistakes or not he is my fav guy and going now to vote, once again, for him.  But if Vic wins I will be happy it is for him.  He has been a lot of fun this season.  But then, if he gets in with "Hollywood' he will make mucko bucks for sure. 

They are high on the AFP because they are nice guys. Some might not think so abkut Vic due to a few actions from the start and when around Paul. I don't think he's on the same level as James but still both very likable. 

It's painful to watch live feeds and see James being reated so poorly. He deserves far more respect than those two are giving him especially being a Military vet. 

Just want to run in the house and save the guy. He saved Nicole and what she's doing and saying is disgusting. That's not game anymore. That's pure mean girl. At least be grateful enough  for him keeping you to not trash the guy. 

On 9/15/2016 at 1:36 PM, Marty said:

How do you explain all the players that have won without winning any comps or only comps in the finals. Dr Will, Steve last year, Jordan, Andy and many more. It is sometimes more about social game and aligning yourself with certain people at certain times. 

I don't think James is undeserving because he doesn't win many comps. I see him as undeserving because he has no strategic gameplay. He seems completely lost, and either goes along with whomever tells him something, or acts randomly because he doesn't know what to do. I'm not sure if he's just not very smart, or if he's overwhelmed, or if he never put in much of an effort to determine his future.

Whatever the case, he's floated to the final 3, and he doesn't deserve to finish higher than that.

James seems like a nice guy. Probably fun to hang out with. I'd avoid someone like Paul in RL, and I don't like him at all, but he's determined his own fate in this game by playing others. Nicole's done a good job too.

Personally, I'd like to see Nichole win, and Paul come in 2nd. But that won't happen, because neither of them are dumb enough to take the other. They'll take James, because it's a guaranteed win against him.

2 hours ago, Canopus said:

I don't think James is undeserving because he doesn't win many comps. I see him as undeserving because he has no strategic gameplay. He seems completely lost, and either goes along with whomever tells him something, or acts randomly because he doesn't know what to do. I'm not sure if he's just not very smart, or if he's overwhelmed, or if he never put in much of an effort to determine his future.

Whatever the case, he's floated to the final 3, and he doesn't deserve to finish higher than that.

James seems like a nice guy. Probably fun to hang out with. I'd avoid someone like Paul in RL, and I don't like him at all, but he's determined his own fate in this game by playing others. Nicole's done a good job too.

Personally, I'd like to see Nichole win, and Paul come in 2nd. But that won't happen, because neither of them are dumb enough to take the other. They'll take James, because it's a guaranteed win against him.

Completely agree. 

However, it's still up in the air as to who they will take. Nic and Paul have been thick as theives the last few days. Chances are it's part paranoia and part game play. It's hard to tell with all their James hate talk. I think they would be afraid to take James due to his likability. They don't know what the jury feels now out of the house and really this jury is very emotional so even harder to tell if they will vote on gameplay or likability. 

I don't think James played a 500,000 game.  I like James but I don't think he played well.  I think both Nicole and Paul out played him and they certainly played well enough to not get voted out and there were many people who wanted them out.  I understand people do not like Nicole or Paul but the truth is James did not play better than either one of them.

1 minute ago, Janis said:

I don't think James played a 500,000 game.  I like James but I don't think he played well.  I think both Nicole and Paul out played him and they certainly played well enough to not get voted out and there were many people who wanted them out.  I understand people do not like Nicole or Paul but the truth is James did not play better than either one of them.

James was the deciding vote in two major evictions. James did maneuver to always try and stay in the middle and not be a target. I think he played a fantastic game. I think he did try to win the comps in the finals but he was competing with better competitors. James had a good social game and managed to not be a target. This season the narrative seems to be about who wins comps is considered the best player. 

3 hours ago, Marty said:

JJames did maneuver to always try and stay in the middle and not be a target. 

Being a floater may get you to the end, but it won't win you the game. He never made a good strategic move to benefit himself, yet made several poor decisions which either hurt him or made no sense.

He loses on strategy.

He also loses on comps.

He also loses on trustworthiness (making a deal to get HoH, then immediately going back on the deal for no good reason).

He gets loyalty points for Natalie, to a certain extent, but really just because he was infatuated with her. On the negative, he needs to hand in his man-card for not defending her against Paulie. That was not cool. He should have stood up to Paulie; it's not like Paulie could beat him up on national TV, so there was no physical reason to hide from it.

He wins on likability. I just don't think that's enough to win the game.

30 minutes ago, Canopus said:

He wins on likability. I just don't think that's enough to win the game.

I feel the same way about James. He's likeable. I do not feel that comp wins are the major factor in winning the game. I believe strategic planning and leadership is the factors that carry you to a win. However, if you are not going to be the strategic planner, thinker, and leader, you need to have some comp wins to help your resume. Unfortunately, James has not displayed the top traits and he does not have the comp wins. I do not believe the people on the jury will see him as the planner, thinker or leader. In my opinion, he is not the architect of the path that got him to the F3, he's there as a result of other people's planning and they just happened to bring him along. If he faces the jury, I think his resume will be pretty thin. Strategically, he should be taken to F2, which I will be happy with, but, he does not deserve to win. jmho.

Well...I'm still thinking... no matter how Buddy Buddy Nic and Paul are being... I won't be suprised... when the winner of the last Comp picks James for F2.

(Best bet to win)

I DO think James has screwed up his chances to win Fav Player tho.

He just seems to have closed down and isn't even trying :huh:

1 hour ago, BBMike said:

maybe I am crazy, but does anyone remember James making a deal not to put up bridgette and then totally putting her up immediatly????

Sure do. Bridgette as a pawn. The guy was playing the game and got Frank out. Bridgette would have taken Frank down. Good game move James.

If James goes out third and gets AFP he will have won more money then second place winner..... la tee da