James Huling (14th evicted - Day 99 - 9th Jury member)

JEDI

I like James. From what I have seen of him in both of his season's is he is a really nice guy. I haven't heard him speak badly about anyone. He has treated Natalie with respect and has been gentle and compassionate through all her aches and pains, helping her as much as he could but also leaving her alone when she needs it. 

In his subtle way, he has steered his way through the game, pushing here and there and taking chances when he needed to, keeping both himself and Natalie safe and moving forward.

Yep, I like him. So is it wrong that whenever I see him I think of an ewok?

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always loved James. He has this gift of looking like he is not engaged in the game at all and is being swept along and is clueless (by somone like Natalie), but then you'll see him do some deft moves.  He knows not to trust anyone.  If James can get though the next two weeks, he's golden.

18 hours ago, Keepittogether said:

I have always loved James. He has this gift of looking like he is not engaged in the game at all and is being swept along and is clueless (by somone like Natalie), but then you'll see him do some deft moves.  He knows not to trust anyone.  If James can get though the next two weeks, he's golden.

James game moves are very subtle as you mention.  As when Nat was intimidated by Paul, apologizing all over the place and she was caught up in Victor's smooth words and seemed like she was leaning toward Corey leaving,  James was figuring out how to nudge her back to voting out Vic, then next Paul.  And he was relieved when she came back to their original plan on her own of evicting Vic and Paul.  His moves are quiet and behind the scenes.

I do hope Nat is not with James out of convenience.  He seems to adore her and want the best for her.  Time will tell.  Come on James, this win can be yours !!  Hopefully.  But will be interesting when Vic or Pauley come back in, it will have to be one of those two as they are both comp beasts.

6 minutes ago, Slimcruz said:

I've watched a bit more.  Of them all, I'll go with James but not sure that he made the right move letting her win.  Hope it works-out for him. 

Turned out to be a bad decision trusting in his alliance with Nicole. James should know better. That being said I am still Team James. 

43 minutes ago, Marty said:

Turned out to be a bad decision trusting in his alliance with Nicole. James should know better. That being said I am still Team James. 

Word.  I can't help it.  I just love James.  I'm disappointed he gave the HOH to Nicole.  He's so into Natdlie that it's rattled his BB common sense.  Maybe early in the game you can throw an HOH to keep the target off your back.  But at this stage of the game?  I don't get it.  I hope he can pull out something and stay in the game.  Other than James the only person I kind of like is Vic.  Everyone else is just annoying.

22 minutes ago, BBLover4ever said:

He has not had a chance to get time with Nicorey due to Paul & Vic up their butts constantly.  Unfortunately, James thinks he doesn't have to talk to her because he trusts their final 4 deal.  Only Nicorey are too easily swayed by Paul......

Last week Nicole got mad at James for questioning her. He said she didn't like that he didn't trust her. Maybe that is a reason he is trying to lay low.

Maybe Vic and Paul will wear out their welcome and he is just waiting for the next HOH. It is Nat and James against Vic, Paul and Corey. 

James is a SAINT!  Natalie is complaining on and on and he's sitting there trying to pep her up.  All he did was scare her and she's going on and on!  I'm not sure that she likes him as much as he likes her!  I hope that he wins the game!!!  He just told her that he misses cuddling with her and all she said was, yeah.  I'm not sure what happened between them.

57 minutes ago, BigMDGirl said:

James is a SAINT!  Natalie is complaining on and on and he's sitting there trying to pep her up.  All he did was scare her and she's going on and on!  I'm not sure that she likes him as much as he likes her!  I hope that he wins the game!!!  He just told her that he misses cuddling with her and all she said was, yeah.  I'm not sure what happened between them.

What happened?  She's playing him.  She has been playing him.  As soon as the show is over, their couple status is over, ESPECIALLY if she doesn't win AFP.

16 minutes ago, Misha said:

What happened?  She's playing him.  She has been playing him.  As soon as the show is over, their couple status is over, ESPECIALLY if she doesn't win AFP.

You know this?

Yep.. agree she's done with him unless she feels like she's in jeopardy and on the block this coming week.

She's probably just a flighty, flibberty  jibbitt (that's an old way of saying she's a ding-bat)

Been fun watching her (except eating with her mouth open). ;)

I don't think James believes that there will be something after the show. He did the same thing with Meg. I think he just relates better with women and enjoys their company more. In the house, he seems to keep a little distance from the whole "bro" thing. He doesn't join in with all the macho, chest pounding and taking digs at the women. 

He is probably a great dad with his daughter.

7 hours ago, Marty said:

You know this?

Every single time he mentions doing things together after they leave the house it's always, we'll see.  Oh, you're going to a wedding?  Do I get to be your date?  I don't know, we'll see what happens when we leave.  Can I have your real address?  Well, we'll see how things go.  Every single time he mentions seeing her outside the house she is vague, non-commital and evasive.  So yes, she is playing him.

3 hours ago, Misha said:

Every single time he mentions doing things together after they leave the house it's always, we'll see.  Oh, you're going to a wedding?  Do I get to be your date?  I don't know, we'll see what happens when we leave.  Can I have your real address?  Well, we'll see how things go.  Every single time he mentions seeing her outside the house she is vague, non-commital and evasive.  So yes, she is playing him.

I see a really good friendship and I don't see Natalie dumping him. They have never portrayed it as a romance. I don't see why people think she is going to dump that friendship or possibly a date after the show. I respect them for not portraying a false romance. Keeping it real. 

Presently I am disgusted re Nat's treatment of James.  He is our guy,  most all love James and we want to defend him.  If she thinks she will win AFP she is dead wrong.  Not with her present attitude.

That being said I believe she was disgusted and shocked that James gave the win to Nicole.  And that choice that James made, and to 'trust' Nicole is huge mistake.  After that comp Nat did say of all comps, she wanted him to win that one.  Disappointed, angry?  I understand those feelings BUT to treat our beloved James in such rude dismissive way is way over the line. 

I really do not care whether James and Nat dates after the show or not. With that being said, I view Nat's actions towards James as being more guarded than her using him. I don't think she wants to be one of those women that came on TV and ended up being made a fool of by some guy. She had a ringside seat for the Z and Paulie show and I don't think she wants that to happen to her. Also, both of them has acknowledged the difficulty of trying to continue a relationship outside the house due to her living in NJ and he in Texas. The only way anything could work out is if one of them move. That would be hard for any mature person to commit to with a person you have only known for a few months and under special circumstances.    

1 hour ago, joystiick said:

I really do not care whether James and Nat dates after the show or not. With that being said, I view Nat's actions towards James as being more guarded than her using him. I don't think she wants to be one of those women that came on TV and ended up being made a fool of by some guy. She had a ringside seat for the Z and Paulie show and I don't think she wants that to happen to her. Also, both of them has acknowledged the difficulty of trying to continue a relationship outside the house due to her living in NJ and he in Texas. The only way anything could work out is if one of them move. That would be hard for any mature person to commit to with a person you have only known for a few months and under special circumstances.    

Well said. The online hate for Natalie has gotten out of control. They don't have a romance. They have a good friendship. It may or may not be stronger outside of the house. James has NOT thrown his game away for Natalie. He has always made moves for his game. It might be voting out Bridgette or it might be evicting Victor even when last minute Natalie and Meech are begging him to keep Victor. James has played the best game for him. The couples angle aligning with Nicole and Corey might have worked to get to final 4 if not for Victor coming back in the game. 

James is a big boy and can take care of himself. In the context of the game his emotions about loyalty might hurt more but ....he knows it is just a game and it is HIS game he is playing. 

1 hour ago, Marty said:

Well said. The online hate for Natalie has gotten out of control. They don't have a romance. They have a good friendship. It may or may not be stronger outside of the house. James has NOT thrown his game away for Natalie. He has always made moves for his game. It might be voting out Bridgette or it might be evicting Victor even when last minute Natalie and Meech are begging him to keep Victor. James has played the best game for him. The couples angle aligning with Nicole and Corey might have worked to get to final 4 if not for Victor coming back in the game. 

James is a big boy and can take care of himself. In the context of the game his emotions about loyalty might hurt more but ....he knows it is just a game and it is HIS game he is playing. 

James has tried to make moves that helped protect Nat, but he has played his own game. On all the votes, he has voted the way he thought was the best for his game. If there was no buyback, without a doubt, Paul would be going home and giving the HOH to Nic would have been a good move. If Nic recognizes that her and James have been together throughout the game, she will vote out Paul (via Corey) and it would still be good for James. 

Another thing I was thinking about regarding Natalie and James. People are so obsessed about are they "real" or not. They think Nat is evil if she is grumpy and that means she is using James bla bla bla

Those same people could care less that Corey is doing sexual things with Nicole and he says they won't be anything outside the house. Because he is a man it is OK that he treats her poorly. 

Such cattiness when it comes to Natalie. 

I think the judgement on Nat is because people adore James. No one cares if Corey is using Nic because not many adore Nic. She's well aware that cameras catch it all. With all the stories Corey tells a gal would be dumb to think he's not saying the same about them. Maybe Nic just can't be without a man or maybe it's her game play to latch on. There's a reason Paulie & Corey got a long so well. Other than his obvious bro crush on Corey. 

Nat seems to care for James and as far as the game (all that really matters at this point) she has his back. She's definitely roping him in with her actions but he's a grown man and if he can't remove emotion from game then he's learned nothing a second time around. He's called her out several times. He is very aware of how she acts. Nothing wrong with him also taking advantage of it. The game can get lonely.