Corey Brooks - (13th Evicted - Day 92 - 8th Jury member)

morty

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like him much more now than when Paulie was in the house.  Couldn't stand listening to all their "bro" talk. I also think he has become more confident as he has won more competitions.  He's shown small signs of using his own brain.  They seem to talk their  moves through together, rather than Nicole just calling all the shots.

I am proud of Corey picking up his game. While Nicole keeps whinning how she is afraid of putting up Vic and Paul Corey just smiles and says this game is getting good now. 

Seems like Corey is breaking out and playing some game.

21 minutes ago, straykat said:

Nicole is afraid that Paul is going to verbally attack her, which he probably will. He will not go after Corey in the same way because he knows Corey would not put up with Paul yelling at him.

You are correct.  But what a Pu$$ move....  to attack the girl.  Plus, if it got too bad, outside of the house Paul would stand NO chance against Corey... then again, outside the house, Paul would stand no chance against Nicole!  Even with all his MMA training.  I trained in Muay Thai for a couple of years, and the #1 rule is NEVER underestimate your opponent.  Paul seems to underestimate EVERYONE except himself.  No humbleness, no humility.  The first way to get your butt kicked.  

16 hours ago, straykat said:

Nicole is afraid that Paul is going to verbally attack her, which he probably will. He will not go after Corey in the same way because he knows Corey would not put up with Paul yelling at him.

If only Nic, C and J would laugh in Paul's face then walk away.  Imagine what a terror he was as a child.  And probably still is at home.  Someone created a monster.

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 6:37 PM, Moonpetal said:

I'm starting to think he really is a secret genius & I wish he showed this side sooner but then again that wouldn't be a secret genius move. Lol! 

You may have pointed out great game play if true.  And, yes, that would be genius.  Presently seems to be he is taking the reigns and calming Nic and playing a fearless game.  If in fact he was a hidden genius and has been playing the part of Dumb as a rock 'bro club' kind of guy then that would be brilliant and greatest game play I have ever seen in my 3 years as a viewer of BB.  Getting exciting !! 

2 hours ago, abdala said:

You may have pointed out great game play if true.  And, yes, that would be genius.  Presently seems to be he is taking the reigns and calming Nic and playing a fearless game.  If in fact he was a hidden genius and has been playing the part of Dumb as a rock 'bro club' kind of guy then that would be brilliant and greatest game play I have ever seen in my 3 years as a viewer of BB.  Getting exciting !! 

A few times he's talked game to us you can tell he's a very clear thinker. It's one thing to see a few different option moves ahead but at times he seems to see the game as a whole. 

I'm convinced he was laying low until it was time to strike. 

Ummmm, before we all start calling Corey a member of MENSA, let's just say he's doing better.  He has done a good job of learning in the game.  In that respect, he is smart.  He saw what the game did to people like Paulie that he admired. He also started winning comps and felt more secure in his own boots.  And despite how annoying she can be, he has been adored this whole game by a vet. Constant laying in bed and talking game day in and day out.  I would hope something would sink in.  It really is true though, you kind of have to lay back in this game.  Almost be viewed as a floater in the beginning and then turn it on in the end.  That is if you're a normal person.  Most people can't play the perfect game of subterfuge that Derrick did.

Corey really has a shot now.  He's not hated by most of the girls in jury the way Nicole is.  Also, despite the showmance with Nicole, he has earned the remaining guys respect.  Not only in the winning comps respect, but also just being a decent person toward everyone.  

I want James to win.  If he can't though - I wouldn't be disgusted by Corey the way I used to be. He's shown himself to be a stand up dude.  At least in the game of BB, for what it's worth.  

Oh my description of him getting on BB because he thought it was a line for a party stands. 

However, when I say Genius it's loosely used when aimed at BB. 

His is mom told him to remember to visualize. I'm guessing she taught him helpful goal practices growing up  Listening to him talk when alone, which is rare, you can get an idea of his thought process. It's clear and you can tell there's more processing going on. Well as clear as game talk can be when looking at moves. 

A good example is when Paul talks game to us or just talks to us. It's cluttered and desperate. Well and lots of ego. 

I'm sure Nic always game talking helped but her talk is often so much repeat and ramble.  I zone out. I can't imagine listening to that so much. 

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 4:03 PM, Moonpetal said:

Oh my description of him getting on BB because he thought it was a line for a party stands. 

However, when I say Genius it's loosely used when aimed at BB. 

His is mom told him to remember to visualize. I'm guessing she taught him helpful goal practices growing up  Listening to him talk when alone, which is rare, you can get an idea of his thought process. It's clear and you can tell there's more processing going on. Well as clear as game talk can be when looking at moves. 

A good example is when Paul talks game to us or just talks to us. It's cluttered and desperate. Well and lots of ego. 

I'm sure Nic always game talking helped but her talk is often so much repeat and ramble.  I zone out. I can't imagine listening to that so much. 

As I think of Derrick and his game play of seemingly weak, no conflicts, almost cowering when talking to others, subtle nudging others to make choices re who to put on block, I can see that staying in background, not making waves, trying not to make enemies is the key.  And when I read that it is best not to win cops til week 8, well that helped me to understand the game strategy.  And when we think of those evicted most all did just the opposite. 

I think we agree that if Corey did have game strategy of staying in background, holding back on comps til the end then he played it brilliantly.  If it was a fluke and he just happened to come forward now then he got lucky.

But like many, I want James to win !!  BTW,  I just saw that popularity poll re favorite or most popular houseguest.  UGH,  Nicole beat James last week.  Does that poll have anything to do with AFP ?  If so all James fans better go vote for our guy.  Even if it has nothing to do with AFP would be good to vote.

One thing re Corey is very clear to me re his love of family and very positive comments from family,  he comes from very special parents and family who stress such positive uplifting comments.  In one note his dad said 'be kind and humble', and mom 'visualize'.  Wow, that says a lot re their family.  Seems like very great home life.    Wasn't sure that would produce strong game player but Corey now is doing very well.

Corey is playing a great game. I didn't see him speak or be strategic before now and he is breaking out at the perfect time to start winning comps. 

This season they scrutinize who close every player was to winning. Natalie was thought to be close to winning many comps and a bigger threat so she left. If she had not won any comps she might have gone to the end. 

Victor thinking he has to pound his chest and win every comp has got him evicted 3 times.

Last year Steve didn't win any comps until the Final 5 or 4. Can't remember but he got himself to the end won some comps and won the game. 

Who knows.... maybe James will win a few comps here at the end......

For some reason I think it might be James and Nicole in F2.  Unless Paul wins HOH he's gone. James obviously threw some comps early on and then was all about Natalie and trying to protect her lame ass. The two main reasons I think it could end up being James and Nicole are because James knows he needs to win something.  Not only to stay in the house, but also to have any kind of argument to the jury at the end he needs a crunch time/when it counted I won, win.  The other reason I see the two of them at the end is that if Nicole gets the option of who to take I think she would take James over Corey.  She knows she can't beat him head to head. Corey never really did anything offensive to any of the jurors.  He acted obnoxious with Paulie a few times but nothing crazy like Paul's offensive talking.  He's also been basically respectful of people.

Corey has kind of been an enigma in the game to me.  In the beginning people were asking if he was gay?  I never got that vibe, but he almost seemed asexual.  Then, he showed himself not to be the brightest bulb and happy to follow along behind Nicole.  But then his game just started to jell.  He learned more about the game, his "bro" Paulie was voted out of the game which I think made him concentrate more on his own game.  

This is will be interesting.  Obviously I love James. I wouldn't mind Nicole or Corey winning.  But please let Paul go home.  That would just be gross if he somehow won. Just the thought makes me throw up in my mouth a little.

3 hours ago, Marty said:

Corey is playing a great game. I didn't see him speak or be strategic before now and he is breaking out at the perfect time to start winning comps. 

This season they scrutinize who close every player was to winning. Natalie was thought to be close to winning many comps and a bigger threat so she left. If she had not won any comps she might have gone to the end. 

Victor thinking he has to pound his chest and win every comp has got him evicted 3 times.

Last year Steve didn't win any comps until the Final 5 or 4. Can't remember but he got himself to the end won some comps and won the game. 

Who knows.... maybe James will win a few comps here at the end......

If James could get at least 2 wins down the stretch, I think it would put him in a pretty good position. Of course, who you sit across from at the f2 can make a huge difference.

Yes, Corey has put himself in an excellent position. If Paul doesn't win the HOH, I think he is good for f3. However, if James wins the next HOH, I think he should try to send Corey or Nic to jury.  

When you get down to it, Victor is a terrible BB player. He has no understanding of the game. He does not understand the subtleties of the game. No clue of why you should not win everything. During his last HOH, when James went up to talk with him and Paul. James told him about making the F4 deal with Nicoley. Vic asked him was the f4 made before or after Jatilie and P/V made their f4. When James said after, Victor basically pointed out that James walked away from their deal and stabbed them in the back and let him know that his fate was sealed and that there really wasn't anything for James to say. A good BB player would have sucked up that information while telling James that all was forgiven and discussed how they could work together in the future. Regardless of how he felt at the time, he should have been looking down the road, in case he needed James for something. You never burn a bridge unless you absolutely have to, even when you send a person to jury.     

It is doubtful that Corey would "know" any of those people in real life.  Maybe in passing but that is all.  I think that he is ill-suited for BB.  I would like to see him on AR or Survivor.  I wonder if being tied to Nicole helped or hindered but one way or the other, they all deep-down wanted his hunky niceness gone. 

When Corey was talking to Julie after eviction he said his strategy was to get close to a vet and lay low til the end.  That is strategy. 

I, like everyone else, was thinking he was a 'dumb jock'  Sorry to all athletes out there as I know dumb is not always what athletes are but some are.  BUT after hearing Corey describe his strategy he did exactly what he intended to do.  And so, now after hearing that I now change my mind and say he definitely had a strategy that almost got him to the end.  And so, great work.

The part I hated re Corey is when after Paulie attacked Nat and Paulie started his arrogant clapping that Corey began clapping also.  Clapping when a man is attacking a woman?   Although we now may have similar feeling re Nat just the fact that any man would attack a woman in front of a group of people and then applaud the behavior  truly shows one character.  Corey seems to have a definite weakness when with his 'bros'.  Very immature and was so disrespectful that he joined in.

But seems he definitely had strategy and carried it thru.

Corey had both Nic and Paulie feeding him game talk and moves. With Jeff Paulie told him the strategy he told Corey to do and it's exactly what he tried to accomplish. 

Corey was odd with Paulie. I do not see him and Nicole making it mostly because you can he is all about his bros and the bar. 

I get the feeling he's follower when it comes to friends but away from them he is a stand up guy. Really bad  scenario for any girl. She will be pulled on by the charm & then too in awe to see the jerk part. You know basically what went on with Nicole. 

Nicole doesn't get along with other women but she also won't stand up for them. So maybe they are a good fit. 

I wonder if he would have stuck to Nicole for F2. The way he talked it feels like he would have taken James. I've not watched his after show yet. 

18 hours ago, Moonpetal said:

Corey had both Nic and Paulie feeding him game talk and moves. With Jeff Paulie told him the strategy he told Corey to do and it's exactly what he tried to accomplish. 

Corey was odd with Paulie. I do not see him and Nicole making it mostly because you can he is all about his bros and the bar. 

I get the feeling he's follower when it comes to friends but away from them he is a stand up guy. Really bad  scenario for any girl. She will be pulled on by the charm & then too in awe to see the jerk part. You know basically what went on with Nicole. 

Nicole doesn't get along with other women but she also won't stand up for them. So maybe they are a good fit. 

I wonder if he would have stuck to Nicole for F2. The way he talked it feels like he would have taken James. I've not watched his after show yet. 

Corey did say to Julie that he felt James was his buddy and that he was surprised that James evicted him. (and that was a stupid move on James part) And so it seems Corey would have been fine if James had evicted Nic.  And then definitely James would have been in F2.  Nic holds no loyalty re James. 

Nic has said while alone a few times that James made the wrong move. I don't think she intends on taking him. 

This just shows how bad James is at the game. I like him but as far as this game he will have to convince one of them to take him for me to see he's got game. 

Too bad bad he wasn't smart enough to keep Corey. 

2 hours ago, Moonpetal said:

Nic has said while alone a few times that James made the wrong move. I don't think she intends on taking him. 

This just shows how bad James is at the game. I like him but as far as this game he will have to convince one of them to take him for me to see he's got game. 

Too bad bad he wasn't smart enough to keep Corey. 

The reason James didn't keep Corey is because Paul gave him an ultimatum as the POV winner. He would take James to F2 if he evicted Corey. I think James would have done better with Corey also. It would be hard for James to really know that. 

4 hours ago, Marty said:

The reason James didn't keep Corey is because Paul gave him an ultimatum as the POV winner. He would take James to F2 if he evicted Corey. I think James would have done better with Corey also. It would be hard for James to really know that. 

I understand why he would want to think to do it especially since for the most part Paul has kept his word. I'm sure James is questioning his choice. Much more now given how Nic & Paul have been so shady towards him. It's irritating to see someone so nice treated that way. Why not just be up front with him. James can respect that plus it's not like he can do anything. 

James should have realized Paul wanted Corey out for a better reason than comps. Corey ultimately is partially at fault for not fully expressing his loyalty to James. 

Just hoping some how Nic wins final hoh and pics James. If only Paul would blow up.... to bad his alter personality seems to know when to stay in check. 

James made some fatal mistakes along the way.   Dealing with Natalie was the beginning of the end for him.  Underestimating Nicole is a problem for him.  He thinks that they are not thinking about the jury and the outcome of the votes.  When he realized that Nicole was counting votes he was floored and realized he may be leaving in third place.  If he dropped in round 1 of HOH because Nicole was down already was another big mistake.   I know he believed that they would both take him and his strategy was letting Nicole and Paul duke it out, but that is the ultimate floater.  They both see that and are ticked off by it.   They are both smart enough to know they will pick the person that gives them the best chance with the jury.   And James is not that person for either of them I think.

And James does not deserve to be there....I have not been a fan all season, but, he really lost me when he said he will do whatever Paul wants him to do.  That was not a bright move and ultimately didn't mean a thing.  He should have been fighting at the physical comp and studying at the mental one.  He just hung out all cool and now he is paying the price.