Sign in to follow this  
TV_Paige

Alias

I guess Jennifer Garner had a SPOILER moment of her own . . . read on.

Baby News

Garner Leaks Baby's 'Alias' on 'Tonight Show'

garner_tonightshow.jpg

'Alias' star Jennifer Garner reacts to blurting out the sex of her baby during

an interview on 'The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.'

It started out like any other celebrity interview on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno." Garner came out on the 'Tonight Show' stage looking lovely in a sexy black maternity dress covering her extremely burgeoning condition. She was delightful in her enthusiasm throughout the chat with Leno, dodging the numerous questions trying to pry the sex of the baby she is expecting in late November with husband, Ben Affleck.

Leno asked, "Do you know the sex of the baby? Is it a boy or a girl?" After a pregnant pause (literally), Garner teased the host with her reply, "I have ONE of those in here." Being the seasoned professional, Leno knew he was not about to trick her into announcing the sex of the child to the audience or the viewers at home so he changed the topic to her season opener of ABC's "Alias" on Thursday, September 29 at 8 p.m.

Garner began to discuss the use of stunt people on her show and the numerous 'bumps' worn by her stand-ins to simulate various stages of pregnancy. The interview was going well until the subject moved to preparing for the new arrival. While talking about setting up the nursery, Garner rubbed her full belly and loudly said, "SHE . . ." Upon realizing her slip of the tongue, Garner's eyes bulged while she grabbed her mouth with both hands and slightly blushed.

garner_tonightshow2.jpg

A very stunned Jennifer Garner can't believe she let

it slip that she is expecting a girl in November.

Though she tried to play coy about the gender of the baby earlier, Garner let it slip twice on Tuesday night's 'Tonight Show' that she and Ben Affleck are expecting a girl. The first time was when she started to say "she" and quickly caught her misspeak. However, a short time later, she slipped for a second time when she said she was "girling" up the baby's room.

This isn't the first time Garner slipped with the maternity news. In a red carpet interview with Access Hollywood at the Emmy Awards this year, one of the reporters thought she heard Garner accidentally slip that in fact, as rumored, she was expecting a little girl. After her interview with Jay Leno, I think it would be safe to invest in a few pink outfits.

"Alias" plans on writing in her pregnancy on the show. In the season premiere episode ("Prophet Five"), after learning that the man she has known as Michael Vaughn is under investigation and suspected of being a double agent, Sydney begins to question whether their business and personal relationship over the years had all been a lie. When she discovers that she's pregnant with Vaughn's baby, she becomes determined to uncover the truth about him.

Meanwhile, because of Jack's past betrayal by Irina, he begins to worry that his daughter may suffer the same fate that he did. This season, new agents will be introduced and a nefarious organization will come to light in Sydney's life as she fights to protect her unborn child -- all the while traveling incognito, outsmarting the bad guys and keeping the world safe.

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

Alias

Oh. My. God. They just killed off Vaughn! I'm still reeling from last seasons "I'm not Michael Vaughn" out-of-nowhere car crash. and then suddenly there are strains of a weepy Sarah McLachlan ballad and visions of a funeral on my screen. That doesn't seem like "mostly dead," or "We've got a big secret

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

Alias

Goodbye, Weiss. What a depressing way for him to leave, to have him heading for his promotion in Washington, and left standing all alone while the rest of the agents went back to their work. But hey, he didn't get completely eviscerated by a monster and tossed casually in to a tree top. And he even got to do a bit of piloting earlier on with Marcus which made up for his crash landing on that other J.J. Abrams show. And who is that guy that's being cryogenically kept alive, Vaughn? Some new big bad? Rambaldi? And why did Renee end up with the frozen guy? I so don't trust her. But I can't wait to see Balthazar Getty in action. I'm always leery of new additions and would almost rather see a familiar face like say Sark back instead. But agent Thomas Grace seems like he isn't afraid of a fight and that could liven the place up. Especially with Syd only getting in a few good kicks and punches in per episode. Oh, and if something is going to happen to that baby, could someone warn me? I've got those same crazy pregnancy hormones as Syd raging and you don't want cross me. I can stick by the show through character upheaval, but that would seriously push me over the edge.

General Season 5 Spoilers: Quoted from Jem

10/01 - As you can probably tell by last night's episode, Michael Vartan is no longer a series regular on ALIAS. Howevah! They are WORKING ON getting Michael Vartan back for 1-3 episodes this season ... but so far, no deal. As I understand it, the ball is in his court. I have no idea as to HOW they would bring it back ... but remember, ANYTHING can (and does!) happen on Alias, and JJ's words just keep ringing through my head: "The Vaughn storyline is NOT what it seems." Source: Kristin on E!Online

I sooo don't think Vaughn is dead. Or maybe I just hope he's not. I'm glad to hear that JJ said it's not what it seems... gives me hope.

I know I might PO off some fans of Alias here but, I have just got to say this. I'm tired of this series being run by Jennifer's (I'll say it nicely) heart. First she falls for Vaughn and we see the character of Will get axed (he was my fav. character back then) who just happened to be the guy that could possibly be her love interest on the show. And, now that Vaughn and Jennifer are broken up (which you could see the start of last years season this was going to end up in disaster for Vaughn) they are (or have) getting rid of Vaughn. And, last but certainly not least... WHERE's Sark!!! (We've barely seen Sloane and don't get me started on why dear ol mom is gone.)

One by one they are picking off the characters that I watch this show for... and as much as I like Sydney's character... it's blanded down now because of her pregnancy. IMO, producers better scramble here or they're going to lose some of us fans.

I can't believe they killed off Vaughn! He was half the reason I kept watching this show after I heard XS rave about and had to check it out.

Couresy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATER COOLER

Alias

Does Alias take place in the future? When DeSantis or Renee's father

Couresty of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

Alias

I am so far from a world traveler, but I was a bit confused that the mission that Syd and co. went to Bombay... I thought that city was Mumbai now. I double checked online and it seems like that is indeed the case, thank goodness for The Amazing Race. It keeps me up on geography. Doesn't really matter as Syd was up to her tricks using her pregnancy to get access to a private office and speaking off-the-cuff in another language. I'd never be able to do that! Then she finally gets down to mentoring Rachel and teaching her how to wear wigs and skimpy outfits and go all crazy on people. (Thought if I had to hear one more time about how Vaughn helped her in the same way

great show. needs to be back on wednesdays though

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

Alias

Alias is bringing the fun in again: Sydney being all pushy at the racetrack, Rachel taking out Gordon Dean with a shovel, the cute father-daughter crib-assembling scene and best of all, the Marshall moments. Like his skepticism about trusting Sloane after he admitted that he was working with Dean to save comatose Nadia. "Is anybody else having d

well damn, my wish has been granted

plus Sarc!!!!!

I couldn't agree more Mikede... FINALLY, Sarc is back and I'm sure baaaad as ever. B)

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ASK MATT

Question: Wait a second... Alias to Wednesday nights at 10? What does this mean for not only Alias, but Invasion as well? I thought ABC had picked up Invasion for the entire season.

i was wondering about him......so hott..

anyway, i really hope they do give it wednesdays back. Being up against the OC, Survivor, Everybody hates chris, Joey, Will n Grace is not cool

I'm sooo bummed. I just read that CBS has cancelled Alias. This is their last season with the last eppy in May. (Also, read that there is an 8 week hiatus starting in January... ugh.)

Courtesy of: SCI-FI WIRE

12:00 AM, 24-NOVEMBER-05

aliasTHUMB.jpg

Alias Coming To An End

ABC announced that its spy series Alias will end its five-season run in May 2006. The spy drama has seen its ratings fall since moving to Thursdays from Wednesdays this season. The pregnancy of star Jennifer Garner, meanwhile, has necessitated retooling the show, with new cast members, a new story arc and an upcoming mid-season hiatus while Garner has her baby.

Entertainment President Stephen McPherson said in a statement: "Alias is not going to wind down as it comes to an end; it's going to rev up, and we're going to make it the event it deserves to be."

From creator J.J. Abrams, Alias has earned seven Emmy Awards, and Garner won a Golden Globe for the role as superspy Sydney Bristow in 2002.

This season, Alias added new cast members Balthazar Getty as Thomas Grace, Rachel Nichols as Rachel Gibson and

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT.COM

'Tis the Season for a Little Sark on 'Alias'

By Kate O'Hare

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

10:30 AM PT

rachelnichols_davidanders_alias_240.jpg

In an interview early in the season, "Alias" star Rachel Nichols, who plays neophyte agent Rachel Gibson, protege of pregnant CIA superspy Sydney Bristow (Jennifer Garner), said, "I hope they bring Sark back because, hey, who doesn't like a little David Anders?"

"Exactly," Anders says. "But she likes to include 'little,' a 'little David Anders.' How about, a nosh of Anders?"

On Wednesday, Dec. 7, at 10 p.m. ET on ABC, Anders returns to "Alias" to reprise the role of Julian Sark, Sydney's nefarious spy nemesis.

"The episode's called 'Bob,' and that's all I'll tell ya," Anders says. "It's another name for Julian. He has many hats, many names and many designer clothes."

Sark began as a recurring character that caught on with fans and became a regular. Last year, in season four of "Alias," he went back to recurring status, appearing in a couple of episodes. "Bob" marks Sark's first appearance in season five, which has been announced to be the last for "Alias."

Interestingly enough, although the Oregon-born Anders affected a convincing British accent for Sark, "Bob" offers a bit of a switcheroo.

"Most of the time on this episode," Anders says, "I had to affect an American accent. It was kind of imposing [when I guest-starred on CBS' 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation'], because I'd never done an American accent on film. But this time, I felt right at home being myself, I guess."

In his off-time from "Alias" in the fall of 2004, Anders played a lab tech on the flagship show of the "CSI" franchise. But this November, he played a sadistic killer in the second show of the franchise, "CSI: Miami," as part of a crossover episode with the latest addition, "CSI: NY."

"Maybe they're setting me up to be an uber-sociopathic villain that closes out all three shows," quips Anders.

In "Bob," Sydney and Rachel must join forces with Sark to prevent a bomb landing in the wrong hands. Considering the longstanding enmity between Sydney and Sark, this seems unusual.

"Rachel and Sydney are caught in a predicament," Anders says, "and the only one to get them out of this predicament is Sark and his resources. Now, why would he do that? For a fee.

"Actually, on a separate mission, Sark and Rachel meet under aliases and have a little thing. So when the proposal comes from Sydney and Rachel, he says OK. Maybe Sark's affinity for Rachel has something to do with him helping out."

As fans know, it's not the first time Sark has had a soft spot for a girl, whether it was Allison (Merrin Dungey), the evil double of Sydney's pal Francie, or the duplicitous agent Lauren Reed (Melissa George). Even though he has no compunction about killing for money, Sark also seems to be a bit of romantic.

"That's why he stays," Anders says. "That's why he lasts. You love to hate him, and you hate to love him."

Asked what it was like to return to Sark and "Alias" after a gap of many months, Anders says, "It was kind of a hectic situation because of the impending birth" -- Garner recently gave birth to a daughter, Violet, her first child with husband Ben Affleck -- "but they were really accommodating to her, and she was accommodating as best she could to the show. She was ready to burst.

"Everybody was a little tapped out. They were hitting the wall, and the wall was hitting back. But everybody was happy to see me, and I, them. It was just like old times -- hugs and kisses."

Anders has hardly been idle in his time away from "Alias," which was his first major screen exposure, but it was hard to go out into the big, cold world.

"I was like a lost little child," he says. "But offers came here and there. I was in a couple of features, and I was in New York starring in a musical for a while."

According to Anders, he was in Gotham to catch "Alias" co-star Ron Rifkin, who plays the equally slippery Sloane, in the play "The Paris Letter," when he heard from the director of a rock musical called "Beautiful," which was performed off-Broadway as part of last summer's New York International Fringe Festival.

"My buddy the director called," Anders recalls, "and said, 'I've cast the whole show except for the lead, man. You got a couple hours before the matinee tomorrow to come play, see if you're right?'

"I said, 'Yeah.' That's where I started, the musical theater. But it's been about five years between my last stage foray and this past August, when I did 'Beautiful.' But it was good. I got to introduce myself to the New York Times and the New York theater community.

"I got a lot of good reviews and some constructive criticism. Of course, the Times doesn't like television actors."

Anders has also been working on a horror film called "Left in Darkness," starring Monica Keena ("Undeclared," "Entourage") and set to be released in 2006.

"No, life after 'Alias' hasn't been that hard at all," he says. "I've been doing the TV, and had film offers."

Of course, many people still think Anders is British. "That's been for four years now," he says, "that there are director who were convinced I'm not American, even when I'm coming in and talking to them in an a American accent before a read. I gotta take it as a compliment, I guess, because that means I've done my job."

He's even thought about appearing on the other show from "Alias" creator J.J. Abrams, ABC's megahit castaway drama "Lost" (which airs right before the "Bob" episode of "Alias").

"I have talked to the guys over there in the office about that," Anders says. "I think they may be saving me. There are lots of flashbacks, and there are a lot of sections of the plane that are not accounted for."

Alias

Sark's back! He strutted in with an American accent and an attitude to go along with it. I can't blame Rachel for being easily charmed by this wickedly wonderful bad boy, I would be too. Especially since Mr. Grace is being all business as usual. Loved Sark's dig at Sydney and co. with his comments about how he tried to work a regular job, but he didn't like the steady gig and he preferred being freelance. Fun. I've missed the sweet-talker who managed to fill his vocab with sexual innuendo even while tied to a bomb. And who smugly inquired as to whether he and Rachel could be friends after she threatened him. Can't blame a guy for trying, even if she did take him down with her cuddling comment. We need more of this fun banter. Bring him back for more please, pretty please! I was pretty impressed with today's missing gadget dujour, though the whole Prophet Five thing is not quite as compelling as Rambaldi related stuff, but that big Micro pulse bomb that could cleanly cremate people without doing any damage to the surroundings was pretty damn creepy. And can I just say again for the record how nice it is to have Alias back paired with Lost? I know it is just temporary and I'm trying not to get to comfortable with it, but it is a nice holiday treat. Oh, and did anyone else ever think they'd hear Jack Bristow utter the word thong?

So great to have Alias back on wenesdays where it belongs, sitting right next to lost!!

Alias

Jack cut off Desantis' ear and then let Renee Reinne kill him! That's the kind of fatherly and grandfatherly protection you definitely want to have if you are eight-months pregnant. The look on Jack's face when he saw the nursery that his ex had carefully crafted was just priceless. I think when he finds out that Syd's mom is the one who took his daughter and had her tortured in a supposedly "safe for baby" procedure that hacked into her memory, things are going to get really ugly. I'd love a showdown between Mama and Papa Bristow

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

Is the End Truly Near for Alias?

by Shawna Malcom

Shortly before Thanksgiving, ABC executives called Alias creator J.J. Abrams in China

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ASK MATT

Question: What'd you think of the latest episode of Alias (the last one before the break for Jennifer Garner's maternity leave)? I've been rather critical of the show (even if I'm still horribly addicted and would never give it up), but this episode, featuring flashbacks to "classic" Alias moments, blew me away. For the first time this season, I'm excited to see the next episode

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE AUSIELLO REPORT

Alias Villainess Returns!

Bradley Cooper isn't the only familiar Alias face returning for the show's 100th episode, airing, um, whenever ABC finds room on its schedule. I'm told that Gina Torres will reprise her role as Syd's archenemy, Anna Espinosa, in the landmark installment, which begins production next week and airs

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ASK AUSIELLO

Question: Please find out what ABC's plan is for Alias.

Alias

April 19, 2006: New Arrival

Alias is finally back and apparently Vaughn's alive... a fact that would have been a surprise had the commercials promo'ing this episode not come right out and said he was still kicking. Anyway, judging by the last conversation between Jack and Sydney, wherein daddy Bristow told his daughter that he'd "take care of it," juxtaposed with the scene in Bhutan of a monk telling Vaughn that he was a daddy, it seems that Syd and Jack planned Vaughn's fake death. If so, I'm so proud of her for giving her mom a nice guilt trip. Especially after her mother came right out and said that she never wanted to have a child and that her first reaction upon seeing Sydney was, "How could I have made such a horrible mistake?" Just a note, Irina, that's not what you tell a woman while she's in labor. But I have to say that even though the Bristow clan is completely dysfunctional, it was entertaining to watch the three of them working a con on the bank manager.

While Syd was "waddling"

Alias

by Angel Cohn

May 10, 2006: Another One Bites the Dust

Let me get this straight... real Sydney is going undercover with Prophet 5 as Anna Espinosa in Sydpinosa's body, but she killed Sydpinosa, but that was after Sydpinosa thought she had killed Sydney. Phew. Only on Alias does that logic even begin to make any sense.

I'm feeling a little bit cheated, though, that there was no knock-down, drag-out fight between Sydney and Sydpinosa. Watching Sydpinosa and Vaughn battle was cool, as was the brutal gunshot wound to the forehead, but identical copies who have been sworn archenemies for years going at it would have been really, really cool. I guess the budget probably wouldn't have been able to handle it, but heck, they managed it on Patty Duke all those years ago