JUROR #7 - Austin Matelson (Week 12) - replacement Nominee (Evicted Sep. 15)

JEDI

Maybe Van is setting up Jmac and wants to "show" Listin that they can't trust Jmac and would keep her for final 3 since she would be the tie breaking vote to save Austin?

Good point. If Vanessa is forced to stabbed Austin in the back, she could lose all three votes if Austwins all end up in the jury. They could feel that Vanessa was playing them all along and decide to vote for someone else to win. 

Vanessa has Austin's WORD that he'll be loyal to her and take her with him to F2 if it's in his power.  He gave his WORD.  We should all know by now that the only person in the game smart enough to lie and backstab is Vanessa.  Cuz she's really really smart.  :smilielol:

Vanessa has Austin's WORD that he'll be loyal to her and take her with him to F2 if it's in his power.  He gave his WORD.  We should all know by now that the only person in the game smart enough to lie and backstab is Vanessa.  Cuz she's really really smart.  :smilielol:

:animated_rotfl:  That is too funny Roli.  I'm wondering if Vanessa is just now having that light bulb moment where she starts to realize what a corner she's painted herself into.

She does indeed run the risk of losing THREE jury votes if she backstabs them at this point and sends Austin and Liz to jury.  Getting Austin out this week, of course, would be the linchpin in making that happen, so it would be all on Vanessa's shoulders. 

Maybe Van is setting up Jmac and wants to "show" Listin that they can't trust Jmac and would keep her for final 3 since she would be the tie breaking vote to save Austin?

Don't know if it would help Jmac or make things harder for him but he could go to Austin and tell him that Van changed her mind and told him to vote out Austin and she would cast her tie-breaker vote against Austin, too. He could tell Austin that he thinks that she might be just trying to set him (Jmac) up to be the Austwins target if one of them win HoH.

Well, I missed most of the eviction because I got an important phone call, so I'll have to catch it today.  I am pleased that Austin decided to wear a shirt.  I'm just not a fan of that no-shirt look unless it's at the beach.  I'm super glad that I won't have to see him strutting around the BB house.  His strut had an arrogance about it that just grated on my nerves. 

It was so fun to watch, but I guess Marty you didn't like it.  I do acknowledge that Austin knew how to talk Vanessa off the ledge but that's why her blindside was so magical.  His rant on the way out was a "treat" for me.  I didn't especially like Jason so his blindside wasn't that good, but I grew to loathe Austin....#fingergate ....disgusting

If Liz is not in Final Two, I'm curious to see if Austin will stick to his guns about not voting for Vanessa.

Obviously, his wound over her betrayal, back-stabbing and evicting him, was only moments old and still very fresh when he said it.

Possibly, given time to decompress in the jury house, and maybe a visit from a guest advisor during jusry debating could open his mind to changing his opinion.

It might depend on who wins final HoH, and who takes whom to Final Two.

It would depend on who won final HOH.  If Steve wins, Vanessa is out!  If Vanessa wins,  Liz is out! Austin would vote for Steve over Vanessa, After all, she betrayed both Liz and Austin and had a hand in Steve breaking up the twins.  Even though Austin respects Vanessa's game, it would be hard not to be bitter.  Hopefully, he will do what is right!

It would depend on who won final HOH.  If Steve wins, Vanessa is out!  If Vanessa wins,  Liz is out! Austin would vote for Steve over Vanessa, After all, she betrayed both Liz and Austin and had a hand in Steve breaking up the twins.  Even though Austin respects Vanessa's game, it would be hard not to be bitter.  Hopefully, he will do what is right!

I do not like bitter jurors. I know it is part of the game, but I do not like people who vote against people just because they got outplayed. I still believe that Dan got robbed and I was surprised at how bitter the jurors were at the end.

Julie Chen said in her interview with Entertainment Weekly that Austin did not want to leave. That was a recorded eviction so they must have edited heavily.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Let’s start with Austin’s eviction. That was easily the biggest blindside of the season. Tell us about the mood of shoeless Austin after he came out of the house.
JULIE CHEN: I’ve never seen someone almost refuse to leave the house like Austin did.  He sat there in utter disbelief and almost seemed like he was not going to leave. He was trying to get Vanessa to undo her vote. That being said, he pulled it together and was a good interview — honest and calm. Gotta give him credit for that. He was poised.  

As someone already mentioned around here somewhere, with Steve getting a lot of comparisons made to Ian Terry, who beat Dan by a unanimous vote from a jury who many considered to be too bitter to acknowledge Dan's masterful game play, Vanessa could end up repeating that experience.

The last thing Austin said (to Liz) before walking out the door was "Win the game. Win the game."

Just shows that Satan, erm Judas, is a punk.  He was so happy ripping the guts out of most of the other house guests but cannot handle the reality where he gets pwned.  It took long enough to get him out.  Have fun in your fake wrestling BS, dude.

If Liz is not in Final Two, I'm curious to see if Austin will stick to his guns about not voting for Vanessa.

Obviously, his wound over her betrayal, back-stabbing and evicting him, was only moments old and still very fresh when he said it.

Possibly, given time to decompress in the jury house, and maybe a visit from a guest advisor during jusry debating could open his mind to changing his opinion.

It might depend on who wins final HoH, and who takes whom to Final Two.

I have never liked the advisor idea. Many are saying Vanessa should win and only loses if the jury is bitter or spiteful. I personally put more stock in the fitness of the game. It is not, or should not be who just ran roughshod over everybody and the jury should respect that. Its running people over and them still not being mad.

Russell Hanz lost survivor several times for that reason. Van has played the hardest, but she assumed the jury would forgive.

in the jury house, it seems that Shelli is already supporting Van for the win - I don't know if Austin will see past his arrogance and accept that he was played just yet - but he was - I actually hated the way he spoke to Steve - so not necessary - the twins were just entitled brats thinking they were all that yet all the while they were being kept around as shields and possibly the goat for final two - how can anyone consider that good gameplay?  sooo frustrating - I don't necessarily like Van, but I see her winning it all just the same - and I see Austin being a whiny baby about it too - good luck Liz - you two deserve each other - oh! and congratuations to Brendan and Rachel on the announcement of their soon-to-be parenthood!

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name