Austin Matelson (Week 1)

morty

bb17-austinmatelson-med.jpg

Hometown: Woodland Hills, California
Current City: Woodland Hills, California
Three adjectives that describe you: Taut, equivocal, and passionate.
Favorite Activities: Gymnastics, cheerleading, yoga, Pilates, reading, writing, and people watching.

What do you think will be the most difficult part about living inside the Big Brother house: Being cut off from my routine and from my family.

Which past Big Brother cast member did you like most: I liked Dr. Will and Howie the most. They are complete opposites, Will being the player I would study and try to emulate, but Howie I found hilarious and fun.

What are you afraid of: Scissors, train tracks, truth claims, and living an average life.

Finish this sentence: My life’s motto is… Silence makes losers of us all.

What would you take into the house and why: Three Color Me Badd CDs, in case the first two broke.

Austin grew up with four younger siblings, all girls. His parents were hippies who let him stop going to school before eighth grade! Although he was never pushed to study, he was always self-disciplined and got up at 6 AM to read and exercise. It paid off, as he later received a Masters degree in Medieval History and fulfilled his childhood dream of becoming a pro wrestler. He is known as the wrestler Judas. His looks are deceiving, as he is a flower child who does a yoga stance as opposed to beating down his opponent. 

Watch Austin's bio video here!

This guy seems fun. He also stood up against bullying in the WWE and is a huge fan of BB. He hosted an episode of BB AfterBuzz for season 15 and called out a lot of the problematic behavior going on there. I hope he's able to stand up against any bigotry that might come out this season.

My favorite so far! I'm so excited to see more of him. :) I used to be a huge fan of WWF/WWE when I was a kid, although that was many decades ago and I've never heard of this guy. But he sounds so interesting and I love everything I've heard and read about him so far. I hope he lasts a long time!

targetttttttttttttt

targettttt

wonder what "reset" the producers will have in store for him  when his rear is in trouble  :animated_bouncy:

Guest 6Borders

Oddly, I kind of like him!!  I like the approach to his injury and helping others!

I think we are either dealing with a split personality or he has a real-life twin or long lost brother!

Guest 6Borders

Looking forward to seeing the alter-ego "Judas" come out in the house!

I was surprised he came right out and said he was a pro-wrestler! 

At least Grodner and Big Dick Johnson are giving us a wrestler who

has something between the ears and will be entertaining.

Having only read about him from his time in NXT and WWE training school, I wasn't impressed.  But after watching last night, I kinda like him. Seems funny, down to earth and self aware of who he is and what he portrays. 

Guest 6Borders

Still like him.  He and Jace are coming on a bit strong and trying to run the house

but he seems to understand the game.  He's talking fierce strategy right off the bat.

He will be interesting to watch I think!