Vanessa Rousso (Week 1)

morty

bb17-vanessarousso-med.jpg
Hometown: Las Vegas
Current City: Las Vegas
Three adjectives that describe you: Eclectic, maverick, and adaptable.

Favorite Activities: Making music, listening to music, DJing, going to the drive-in movie theater, working out, playing strategy games, solving riddles, traveling and exploring, people-watching, anything on the water, learning something new, training my dogs (they each know over 20 commands), hiking, fine dining, hanging out at home with my beautiful girlfriend, watching Netflix, throwing parties, imitating accents, dancing, meeting new people, road trips, camping, sky diving, photography, and more!

What do you think will be the most difficult part about living inside the Big Brother house: Not being able to communicate with my girlfriend will definitely be the toughest part of the entire experience. We are very, very close and I rely on her as a teammate in life. I know I will miss her terribly. Also, not being able to use a computer to produce music or be able to browse the net will be insanely difficult since I'm definitely spoiled by the Internet and modern technology—not to mention that making music is my go-to stress reliever! Not having access to technology will certainly be a challenge!

Which past Big Brother cast member did you like most: Dan Gheesling, by far. He is not afraid to make big moves, he has a great social game to complement his strategic prowess, and I'm inspired by the fact that he never ever gives up!

What are you afraid of: Flying insects/bats, death, being out of control, and being humiliated publicly.

Finish this sentence: My life’s motto is… From a blog I wrote in my early 20s: I find my calm not at the finish line, looking back at the distance I've traveled, but in the moment, on the run, out of breath, looking forward. I don't know where I'm going, and I guess I hope to God I never get there—I'm happy as I am: Chasing something eternal and ethereal. The world is not—will never be—enough for me and that's just the way I like it. Also, I live by a code of, "Do right, be fair, have heart."

What would you take into the house and why: First would be my iPod/headphones to listen to music because music greatly impacts my emotions and can help me keep a level head when I'm stressed. I listen to music when I play poker and it would be awesome to be able to use it similarly during Big Brother. I’d also bring hair bleach. I highlight my hair and three months is a hella long time to go without doing my roots #vanity!! Finally, my journal since I love to write. It helps me process my emotions and make decisions with a clear head.

Vanessa is the No. 2 female poker player in the world when it comes to online and live tournaments. She's been pro for the past 10 years and has won $4.5 million dollars since she began. She's a tomboy who has always been extremely competitive, whether it's playing lacrosse in high school or beating men and women all over the world at the poker table. Being in a male-dominated industry, Vanessa isn't easily intimidated and is used to keeping her emotions in check, which will help her keep her eye on the prize. She's perfected the art of bluffing and knows that she can manipulate her Houseguests however she sees fit while living in the Big Brother house.

Watch Vanessa's bio video here!

if she was a male she might be this year ringer  a la derrick

but truth is i dont see a female derrick

males just wins more often at big brother

countdown to the weeks when she pulls out  i really dont need or want to be here any more i have better toys and things at home :animated_bouncy:

I think her strategy of mind games is interesting and could work but I am don't think it will.  If she gets found out early on like I think she will she will be a big threat because of these mind games as well as the fact that people will assume she already has money and doesn't need the money.  Once the target gets put on her she will be evicted pretty early on unless she wins some competitions to save herself.  In the end I say she will be around the first five evicted.

Guest 6Borders

This year's "celeb" hoping nobody will recognize her!

I kind of like her attitude and approach to life!  Hopefully she's interesting as a BB player!

OMG she was one hot mess last night. Crying and crying and crying because she doesn't think she can do it. Doesn't think she can be one of those mean people. 

I was really wrong about her from her interview. I thought she would be tough. She is a major fail. 

countdown to the weeks when she pulls out  i really dont need or want to be here any more i have better toys and things at home :animated_bouncy:

wow it may happen anytime now .... :animated_bouncy:

Guest 6Borders

Well, that was a shocker!  I thought she was one tough person and

instead she goes off the charts.  I don't think that was game play!

What a disappointment!!

People on FB groups are saying she is faking it and it is part of her strategy. 

I am not buying it.

She is a big fail and she was in my top 2 from the interviews

Oh well....

I only saw about a 1/2 hour of the feeds last night...

and couldn't believe this gal was in tears.

Excuse me... but isn't she the gal during the taped introductions that said

she had won $4 million playing poker ?

You've gotta be one tough cookie to play with high stakes.

If she's using this somehow strategically in the game... I'd bet $'s it's gonna backfire.

(and if it doesn't... it SHOULD)