About Watching the feeds in Canada

morty

bb17_canada-flag.jpg

It has come to our attention that some sites are encouraging non-US residents to obtain subscriptions to CBS All Access via illegal means. As a reminder to all our partners, promoting illegal means of obtaining CBS All Access is in violation of the affiliate agreement and will be taken very seriously. The affiliate agreement includes, without limitation, a prohibition on promoting illegal activities, engaging in unfair competition, and otherwise engaging in activities considered offensive and inappropriate by CBS Interactive. 

We thank you for your continued support and participation in the affiliate program in compliance with the terms of your agreement.

Sincerely,

CBS Interactive

Sadly, it's not even CBS fault that we can't view the feeds legally in Canada.

I'm sure they would like nothing better than to take our money and give us access to their library of shows. It all falls back on the broadcasters here in Canada themselves. The rights for certain shows are linked to different broadcasters here (Global has BB and CTV has Amazing Race for example) and that's where the problem lies. Global doesn't want you to have access to shows that they don't broadcast, and vice-versa. Also the Canadian market for the BB feeds is small in comparison to the costs associated with working out plans to have them available. 

So...we end up having to figure out workarounds and ways to gain access illegally. 

They wouldn't give us the live feeds last year too but eventually gave in. Maybe that'll happen again this year. Who knows

Canada doesn't allow people in the US to watch their live feeds and so I kind of feel we shouldn't allow Canada to see ours.  I do think it might have more to do with the fact that Canada now has its own Big Brother show and I think the US Big Brother doesn't want to compete (even though they have never been aired at the same time.)

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name