Houseguest Bruno Ielo Discussion

morty

bbcan3_bruno_ielo.jpgBruno Ielo

A construction worker and Ottawa’s first-ever houseguest competing for his wife and two sons.

Hometown: Ottawa, ON

Describe yourself in three words:

Strategic. Fun. Charismatic.

Do you have a strategy to win Big Brother Canada?

I don’t want to say I don’t have one but I’m the kind of person who likes to see their surroundings first and then adapt. I don’t know who the other houseguests are and they’re a big part of my toolbox. I’m going to see who I connect with in the house and then I’m just going to follow my gut. I get along with most people too. I have four brothers and two sisters. Growing up there were nine people in our house!

If you could take one thing inside the house, what would it be?

I would bring my wife and kids. I have two sons – a two and a half-year old and a six-month old. Leaving my family is hard. I’ve never been away from my kids like this before but going into the house, I know I need to leave my emotions at the door. My wife is so supportive of this and she pushed me to go for it knowing it’s my dream. I know she’ll be watching along with my whole family, and all of the guys from the construction site. I’m the first person from Ottawa who’s made it into the Big Brother Canada house!

Brain vs. Brawn. Which challenges, physical or mental, do you fear most?

I don’t fear them. I would most likely be stronger in the physical challenges. I am colour blind so I hope that doesn’t make things hard for me. That being said, the dress was white and gold!

If you won, how would you spend the $100k?

Honestly, it goes to my kids and their school funds. That’s where it’s all going.

Who is your Big Brother Canada idol and why?

I don’t have an idol but I liked Paul (BBCAN2) and Adel’s (BBCAN2) personalities. I thought they were hilarious. They’re good guys and they really bonded and had fun with each other, in spite of their circumstances in the house. But really, Paul’s game was horrible.

True North strong and free. What is your favourite thing about Canada?

I honestly love everything about our country. We’re so lucky to have what we have. We’re spoiled. We have everything we need and more.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...