Houseguest Graig Merritt Discussion

morty

bbcan3-graig-merritt.jpgGraig Merritt
Hometown: Pitt Meadows, B.C.

Describe yourself in three words:

Passionate. Emotional. Real.

Do you have a strategy to win Big Brother Canada?

Well, first of all, I’m going to tell the houseguests I’m 30 years old. Then I’m going to tell them that I work at Costco. I don’t want them to know that I recruit players for Major League Baseball and used to be a Major League ball player myself (L.A. Dodgers). That may put a target on my back. I’ve done my Costco research. I spoke to a manager there and I know how much I make an hour, what my shift is (5 a.m. to 1 p.m.), etc. I’m ready.

If you could take one thing inside the house, what would it be and why?

I would bring in a yoga mat and a yoga block. I’ll definitely do my yoga in the house.

Brain vs. Brawn. Which challenges, physical or mental, do you fear most?

Mental challenges. Don’t give me a puzzle! Some of those trivia challenges are so confusing and they trick you with the words. I mean, I was a catcher, I have been concussed several times!

If you won, how would you spend the $100k?

I would buy land and a house in Britannia Beach, B.C. There’s nothing there right now – totally untouched. It’s a beautiful piece of land on a huge hill overlooking the ocean. I’ve been saving for that for a long time.

Who is your Big Brother Canada idol and why?

I loved watching Adel (BBCAN2). He had such a positive energy and I think we would have hit it off. He saw the light in everything. I really thought he played an awesome game even though he got carried away at the end. I’m sure it’s easy to get carried away in the Big Brother Canada house.

True North strong and free. What is your favourite thing about Canada?

I think it’s amazing how loyal and patriotic Canadians are. I’ve traveled all over the world and nowhere have I seen people more genuine and pure than right here in Canada. I mean commuters here just invite you right into their lane! You wanna merge ahead of me? Come on in!