Sign in to follow this  
DawnMarie

Utopia Recap: 2014-10-31

Utopia

Friday, October 31st, 2014

**Note: Because Utopia was preempted last Friday, some of this recap information is not new to you, but it IS the first time we get to talk about the mass exodus of pioneers.  Enjoy!**  

This Time

And then there were 12.  We get to see three Utopians walk through the gate never to return.  A very "G" rated Halloween party was really XXX.  Aaron says his "mission in Utopia is done" don't believe everything you see on TV.  Amanda's sisters visit and Bella fights about what else?  Food.  Two weeks without a food fight, I know you missed it, don't lie.

The Government Loves Me, It Loves Me Not

Bri's turn at governing what not really a Government, a lot of them lately have been platforms to yak about how they feel, not set up rules or a foundation to live by.  One of Cal's and Rob's biggest beefs lately has been that Utopia needs a mission statement, essentially goals to (not) live up to. 

Bri did a mental acrobatic flip-flop as she went from a totalitarian dictatorship (because remember she said Hitler may have gotten it right) to something called Love, Unity and Community.  It almost ties your brain in a knot doesn't it?  In any case, the general gist was to hug your neighbor I think, everyone does their best impression of a sloth and gets the hugging done.  Mission Accomplished! 

The Ghosts of Utopia

The live feeders have taken up residence in Utopia but, instead of an unseen, unfelt presence, we have finally graduated to Poltergeist status.  WE now choose which three Utopians will be put up for replacement (see the new rules), we also choose which pioneer is the most productive and conducive to Utopia's success and reward that person with gifts.  The pioneers still get to choose who to ultimately send packing, but giving us a chance to be involved and squash the cliquish behavior like an unwanted bug has been incredibly good fun.  The fact that we get to do this EVER TWO WEEKS is even more satisfying.  So if you are still not a "passport holder", that's a fancy way of saying you signed up on Utopia's website, you should do it now and get to bug squashin' and head patting, its free and comes with two camera views. (Also, they don't spam you, thank God)

The Everlasting Gobstopper Food Fight

Maybe you can help me out here, I know you come here for the latest information, but Bella's organic food situation has me at a loss.  Bella has brought in, to date, about $5,000.  That is 20% to her personally and 80% to the group fund.  If Bella wants $125 a week in organic food purchases, why can't she just pay for it herself? She seems to be asking the group for $125 out of the group money for her food and taking the 20% from her painting business on top of that.  I am not sure why this turns into a fight every week when she tries to put in a food order.  They each have individual debt cards now, if she can afford it great, if she can't ::shrug:: she eats leaves and dandelions all the time anyway, not sure why this fight keeps happening.

This scene was typical of all the another food fight melt downs only this one had chocolate on top!  Mike wigged-out on Bella saying he "only gets $52 a month" for extras, and she wants over $400!!  He then takes the dark chocolate bar Bella bought for a snack (anti-oxidants and all that you know), smashes it on the table, ate pieces off the floor, went around giving out pieces to everyone that wanted some and was generally being a big baby.  He and Aaron specifically went after Bella (not seen on TV) telling her "ten days Bella, just ten days and you are gone" it was pretty ugly, and made for hysterical viewing online.  The Cool Kids Club has been terrorizing Bella publicly and Nikki privately on and off since the beginning, telling Bella that her days are numbered.  They have stolen her art, pushed her buttons (and she has alot of them) and have just been generally smug about them being in control.  Problem is VIEWTOPIANS took over!!!  It's not Bella that's likely to be put on the chopping block this week.

The Very Adult Halloween Party ("Not" As Seen on TV)

I'm not sure how to tell you all this, but people had sex.  Many people had many kinds of different sex.  Instead of gory details, let's just say at least half of our Utopians had a happy ending.  Josh had a threesome in the bushes, Mike got lucky with Melissa (the fan girl) in the love shack.  Chris was more discreet, but admitted to some action.  Taylor and Hex hooked up, and Dedeker and Jake (the BeeKeeper) also sweated it up in a teepee/fort looking thing Cal built for women on their periods.  Don't ask me, I was ick-ed out with just that little bit of info about the place.  We saw an online friend of Utopia @bunnylovins show up with her husband dressed as "mootopians", very cute onsie cow costumes.  They kindly left them for Nikki and Amanda to wear, keeping them warm and adorable for the whole winter we hope!  They also hired a band that turned out to be impossibly cool and kept the party alive with cover tunes, but it turned out their own music was even better.  Check them out Mursic. I'm not into giving shout outs, so don't ask, but the mootopians and the band just couldn't be ignored!

Utopia Experiences Colony Collapse

After Josh reads the letter delivered by production telling the Utopians the online viewers were now in control, the reactions were priceless.  The Cool Kids were angry and distraught, (hmmm, I wonder why) everyone else seemed to find the new rules good, great or really interesting.  Hex thinks because she is not a "girly-girl" she will be nominated, but Bella thinks "it will take away from tearing people down and turn it into supporting each other more".  She also said "people on the outside, namely us, "see what they don't".  Yes, yes we do.  Josh thinks it's not about the most work, it's about contributing in a positive way.  Cal readily agrees.  Rob says "up to today we were going to bounce Bella's big butt right out the gate", now he thinks he is going up for replacement.  Dedeker and Kristen think it's about being seen getting up early and going to work.  Ernesto and Josh have it figured out, if you're a jerk, American is going to call you out on it.  Aaron thinks "it won't be about who works the hardest, it will be 'I don't like you' because they saw me and Rob attacking Bella".  Right on Aaron! (btw Aaron thinks it will be Bella and Josh up for replacement, delusional much?)  Live viewers are a little drunk with so much power, makes you wonder if we are going to turn into power hungry monsters every two weeks and start demanding a cut of the group fund!

After Amanda (yes, we noticed Rob is no longer the spokesman of Utopia, hmmm) announces that Aaron, Bri and Rob are nominated for replacement the group goes their separate ways.  Bri sits down with Rob under a tree and wonders why America has chosen her twice now.  Bri says "If you can't even have love, what is the point of this?"  "**Sigh**... Whatever... I'm going home."  AND SHE DOES!!  She got right up, walked straight to the gate and was gone, POOF! That was no TV editing trick, that is exactly how it went down. Chris packed up her things and wrote her a letter.  We hope it started out with "I know I was a complete jerk and treated you like crap...". 

Next we have Mike.  While the kids Halloween party (for Charity) was going on the day after the x-rated adult party, Mike got some information from production.  They told him his father had called, something was wrong with his mother and he had to get home immediately, production had a ticket waiting for him.  While we find out later it was not life threatening, we wish Mike and his family all the best of luck during this time.  Mike will NOT be returning to Utopia.  Conspiracy theorists WARP 10!

Time to Play: Beg For Your Life

I have to admit, I hate this part of the process, bringing people in to beg to stay in any reality show is usually pretty uncomfortable.  That being said, here is how it went down.  Aaron said "I have not been the nicest guy and I have been pretty unapproachable", but his mission is not done.  This is exactly the opposite of what he really said.  He said he thinks he IS done in Utopia, and that Rob is the better person to stay.  I am not quite sure why Fox choose to edit his speech that way, because the Utopians used Aaron's speech for discussion on who to vote out many, many time. (See the full vote here).  Rob says he has been in a funk since Jess left but he thinks Utopia can really be something and he wants to be a part of it.  Here are the results.

For Aaron to Leave

Nikki -   She was going to vote for Rob, but Aaron says he is done

Cal -     Ditto to what Nikki said, Aaron says he is done and Rob wants to stay

Josh -    Rob has something to add to the community

Taylor -  Aaron says he is done

Amanda -  Rob wants to find a purpose, Aaron says he is done

Hex -     Rob is my BFF

For Rob to Leave

Kristen - She still has things to learn from Aaron

Ernesto - Mumble, mumble Rob should leave

Bella -   She has hope for Aaron who wants to change

Chris -   Rob threatened to walk out on us

Dedeker - The right choice is not the one I want

That made it six for Aaron to leave and five for Rob.  At the last minute when the hands were raised and discussion was closed, Josh changed his vote and Rob was sent home to Jess.  Taylor and Hex completely broke down, Taylor hitting things and Hex just sobbing uncontrollably.  Rob said "don't be sad, I'm going to see Jess"

Side Show Freaks & House Keeping

Amanda has a twin sister!  Her name is Amy.  Amy and Amanda's older sister Alex came to visit and half the people online and in Utopia wanted them to stay forever.

Hex, Taylor and Cal all got letters from home.  Well, Cal got a letter from his commune in Oregon.  He invited Bri to the commune before she walked out and Chris who doesn't care what Bri does at all, was so jealous he wanted to kick Call's ass.

We saw Jake and Mike get in to it this episode, here is the full ridiculousness of it we covered in last week's recap. Mike vs Jake the Beekeeper Part1, and Part2.

Aaron's emergency room visit for the attack of the ear plug turned out to be nothing.  He claimed he may have ruptured his ear drum taking his ear plug out too fast. But Fox didn't even see fit to cover it.  Maybe Aaron just needed a mid-day outing in an ambulance.

Josh is exempt from replacement this voting cycle, but we can talk about that later.

Next Time

We already have two new Utopians (whom I secretly love so far), James and Jeremy.  Jeremy brought tractor parts with him and his mission is to get the damn thing running.  James I think brought hair dye and is re-making Bella.  I can't wait!  The voting is now open to kill off yet another three pioneers, you can only vote once, so make it count!  That's it fans and hate-watchers.  Let us know if you have any questions, and leave us any comments you are dying to make.