BB8 Winner Dick Donato is HIV Positive

Evil Dick reveals he is HIV positive

http://www.people.com/article/big-brother-winner-dick-donato-hiv-positive?hootPostID=c73480d5a12e2c31d4154cd141f0ab7c

Donato was competing on season 13 of Big Brother when producers called him into the house's Diary Room. "They told me that something was wrong with my blood test," he says. "They had done two HIV tests. One had come back positive and the other had come back negative." The show's doctor took more blood. Two hours later, Donato learned the life-changing news. "When they told me, I just went numb," he says. With little explanation, Donato left the show. "They had a car take me from CBS to my mother's house. She was the first person I told."

Unlucky as Magic Johnson.

It is said that being diagnosed HIV+ is no longer considered a death sentence but is a life sentence.  Magic Johnson has lived 21 +/- years since being presented with a positive diagnosis.  It is all about lifestyle change; if necessary, post-Dx.

I worked with HIV patients in the AIDS unit at our hospital as a volunteer in the early 90's. In Palm Springs we had one of the highest per capita of people with HIV infections. It was much more of a death sentence in those days. People are now living long lives with HIV.

Hi, guys! I just saw ED on his Couples' Therapy show and he is still hilarious. BTW, I earlier posted he looked "bad"...after watching this show I realized ED has a partially grown beard. IMO, he would look lots better clean shaven. I think he is doing great!

• 8 months later...

I'm a few months late but that's a bummer. On the bright side it's much better to get HIV today than a couple decades ago. Dick obviously lives a high risk lifestyle and there was a good chance that this or cancer or heart disease or drug overdose or something was gonna afflict him eventually.

For my own selfish reasons, I'm glad the biggest mystery in BB history was solved. It was so easy to tell that his story about leaving BB13 because a friend needed help was complete BS that my curiosity had been driving me nuts about it for years. It's a shame we missed out on the chance to see him play a 2nd time.

• 2 months later...

never liked him, never wished such ill on anyone. That was the season I stopped watching when it was clear the HGs had zero idea how important it was to get him and daughter out. I could not believe they kept letting them stay...just utterly too aggravated and stopped watching...and all that spitting he did...ugh.

• 9 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2014 at 5:02 PM, Slimcruz said:

It is said that being diagnosed HIV+ is no longer considered a death sentence but is a life sentence.  Magic Johnson has lived 21 +/- years since being presented with a positive diagnosis.  It is all about lifestyle change; if necessary, post-Dx.

Very true, seems to b so treatable nowadays, but sad for ED....Wishing him long life & willingness to chg his lifestyle.