Misti Raman & Jim Raman

Misti Raman & Jim Raman

mistijim.jpg

#TheDentists

Name: Misti Raman

Hometown: Columbia, S.C.

Connection to your teammate: Married

Current occupation: Cosmetic Dentist

Describe what you do: I practice family and cosmetic dentistry. I provide dental services for adults and children, helping them maintain a healthy, beautiful smile.

3 words to describe you: Compassionate, loyal and ambitious.

Favorite hobbies: Traveling, exercising and reading.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Outside of my children, being crowned Miss Galaxy 2013.

What famous person reminds you of yourself? Dolly Parton - glitter, glitz and success with a bubbly personality.

What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Ben Affleck – successfully balances family and career.

What scares you most about traveling? Fear of offending other cultures.

What excites you most about traveling? Exploring new places, learning new cultures and meeting new people.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: The biggest challenge will be maintaining our focus while we are away from our children for a month.

Pet peeve about your teammate: No filter between his brain and his mouth.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I would love to visit Italy to experience the amazing food, wine and culture.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? An amazing, competitive adventure with my husband.

Name: Jim Raman

Hometown: Columbia, S.C.

Connection to your teammate: Husband

Current occupation: Orthodontist

Describe what you do: I am blessed to be able to transform people’s smiles with braces or Invisalign and thereby raise their self-image and self-esteem. Helping a child who hates their teeth have a smile they are proud of is amazing.

3 words to describe you: Ambitious, dedicated and unfiltered.

Favorite hobbies: Weight lifting, cooking and jet-skiing.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Personally, my children are my biggest source of pride and pleasure. Professionally, having achieved my level of education and buying a practice and growing it by over 100% in the first two years.

What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Jenny McCarthy

What scares you most about traveling? Traveling to places where Misti may not be safe (she tends to stand out in a crowd).

What excites you most about traveling? Seeing places I may have never otherwise seen and experiencing the history and culture of other societies.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Our biggest challenge will be not bickering with each other over insignificant things like we often do at home. If we can maintain good teamwork we will be very tough to beat.

Pet peeve about your teammate: When Misti is stressed out she often snaps at me even when I am not the cause of her stress.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? There are so many on my list. Italy – beauty and history, Australia – Great Barrier Reef, South Africa – safari in Kruger National Park (or any African safari) and Egypt – pyramids.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I think it will be an amazing experience that we can share with our children when they are grown which will teach them to follow their dreams.

CBS.com

Guest 6Borders

Like them and I like the comment "worried about offending other cultures".  I think they are going to be a strong team.

Guest 6Borders

Smoked that Treasure Hunt and got the SAVE!  Way to go!!

The guy reminds me of something that was sent back to the past from The Terminator.

Narcissists.  A tad creepy. 

Skeezy

something not quite right and simmering 

Hated them. I know, too early to say that. Just felt dirty watching them. Skeezy is a great word for them. Those smiles, remind me of Tom Cruise. Glad they are on the race though, maybe Jim could lay off the tanning for a while.

Guest 6Borders

He's annoying as heck but really smart and has studied the game for sure.

Somehow it's hard to get mad at him even when he's being a jerk.

Those smiles are hard to deal with for sure and the tan is so fake..half their backpacks must be

spray tanning stuff and tooth whitener.

I really want to like the Dentists - but Jim is just too overconfident and I'm tired of hearing Mysti say "Jesus" all the time.

It's clear that Jim has done his homework, but I just wanna see them get tripped up on something. The AR gods need to humble this guy - just a little bit.

I really want to like the Dentists - but Jim is just too overconfident and I'm tired of hearing Mysti say "Jesus" all the time.

It's clear that Jim has done his homework, but I just wanna see them get tripped up on something. The AR gods need to humble this guy - just a little bit.

so agree - just cannot take his over-confidence - would love to see them humbled - and maybe lose the tanning and whitening surplus they are probably lugging around - just makes them appear very fake....

I really really really wanna see them get a task that they can't do..... Or that they get U-turned and have to use that "Save".

The Dentists finally encountered a task that they couldn't just muscle through. Jim has done so much trash talking about how great they are that he was becoming almost unbearable.

They messed up on both of the Detour tasks because they didn't pay attention to the details. Any student of the game knows that the small little details are game changers.

I'm so glad that they came in dead last on this leg. I just wish that they had to use their "Save". Not sure if Jim is really "humbled" (coming in last place) because they still have the "Save".

Next week looks good with the double U-turn coming up. I hope one of the teams (Wrestlers or Nashville) U-turns the Dentists and forces them to use their "Save".

I must say I am rooting for the cyclists over this team, the last episode's episode pretty much suggests that these two teams will be in the final 3.