Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Michael Ward & Scott Strazzullo

Michael Ward & Scott Strazzullo

michaelscott.jpg

#TheFirefighters

Name: Michael Ward

Hometown: Boston, Mass.

Connection to your teammate: Friends and fellow firefighter on ladder truck.

Current occupation: Firefighter/EMT Describe what you do: Protect and save lives and property.

3 words to describe you: Energetic, loyal and passionate.

Favorite hobbies: Exercise, travel and obtaining “complimentary” access to V.I.P. venues.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Helping victims of the Boston Marathon bombings.

What famous person reminds you of yourself? James Bond #9

What famous person reminds you of your teammate? The wrestler “The Honkey Tonk Man.”

What excites you most about traveling? To make new friends with good people all over the world and immerse myself in their culture and traditions.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: It will only make us stronger. Everything you can throw at us, we will find a way to get something good out of it.

Pet peeve about your teammate: He never met a mirror he didn’t love.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Japan. Steeped in culture, clean, respectful to family, elders and education.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? Meet people of different cultures, traditions and be immersed in their world. To make new friends no matter what their backgrounds.

Name: Scott Strazzullo

Hometown: Chelsea, Mass.

Connection to your teammate: Friends and Brother Firefighter

Current occupation: Firefighter/Paramedic/Haz-mat tech

Describe what you do: I respond to fire and emergency medical situations in Boston and surrounding communities.

3 words to describe you: Team player, leader and survivor.

Favorite hobbies: Football, ice hockey and music.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Fighting a fire inside a nuclear submarine in Maine and making it out.

What famous person reminds you of yourself? The Roman General Scipio Africanus.

What famous person reminds you of your teammate? George S. Patton.

What scares you most about traveling? Nothing scares me. I love to enjoy my free time traveling.

What excites you most about traveling? Seeing new places and cultures, living and loving people.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: He has no filter and will say what’s on his mind which is great but sometimes leads to other matters.

Pet peeve about your teammate: Mike thinks he is a historian but sometimes he has his facts all wrong.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I would like to see more of the U.S.A. (my father and uncle fought in WWII) and Korea.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? Show the world the strength, resilience, humor and personalities of people from Boston.

CBS.com

Guest 6Borders

Definitely like this team from the bio's!  So far rooting for them!!!

Guest 6Borders

Gotta root for "Boston Strong"!!

I'm glad they decided not to be gentlemen the 2nd time after that little b$tch stole the pen right out of their hands.

They were clearly in the cab first.   I'm glad they didn't get eliminated but they have to pick up their game!

Gotta root for "Boston Strong"!!

I'm glad they decided not to be gentlemen the 2nd time after that little b$tch stole the pen right out of their hands.

They were clearly in the cab first.   I'm glad they didn't get eliminated but they have to pick up their game!

I absolutely love swift and instant justice! Those blonds had it coming and I'm quite satisfied that the firefighters were to ones that gave it right back to them.

Snatching the pen to sign up before the firefighters didn't help the blonds get further in the game - and I'm glad they're out.

Glad they stood up for themselves at the taxis. However, don't see them lasting that long. They will mis-read a clue or get outran to the mat.

Because they spent so much time at the 'Pancake race', I was surprised they had any strength left for the 'Punting' , but they muscled through without as many problems as the other teams.

Guest 6Borders

I hope they get in the grove of the game.  I would like to see them in the top 3 racing for the finish line!

The BIG guy is a bumble..................................................................

gotta root for Boston Strong! - I hope they make final three - I am enjoying watching them - just normal everyday hard working guys - I don't know how long they will last, but I do know that they will not give up -

Guest 6Borders

Sorry to see them eliminated but they've pretty much been in the back of the pack and with an ankle injury like that (which was not going to get better without rest) this was going to happen.

Sorry to see them eliminated but they've pretty much been in the back of the pack and with an ankle injury like that (which was not going to get better without rest) this was going to happen.

That was a nasty sprained ankle, it hurt me just looking at it. Ouch. I'm surprised he as able to continue for as long as he did.

Those guys are tough, they just didn't have enough luck on their side.

Scott was in no shape and their negative force anchor.

Michael would've gone farther with ANOTHER partner.