EVICTED (Sep. 16) - Frankie Grande (Week 11 - Take 2) - nominated + Team America (Juror #7)

Iris

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 6Borders

Was Frankie touchy feeling behavior over the top? Yes is was. However, I don't buy into the belief that the reason he got away with it was because people was afraid of being accused of being homophobic. There was only one gay guy in the house. People could have put a stop to Frankie's behavior at any time. Derrick is a cop. Zach was a loud mouth that didn't mind calling people out for other things. However, he enjoyed Frankie's attention. Caleb was a veteran that served in the infantry and as a prison guard. I believe they allowed it because they were in the BS and they believed it was in the best interest of their game. Simple as that. They didn't have any problem calling him out when he started talking about being the most important person in the jury. 

All excellent points, however I have to agree to disagree!

Until approx. midnight tonite BBT Derrick is not a cop, he's a Parks 'n Rec guy!  He's not about to blow his cover reading Frankie the Gay Miranda Rights!

Zach is as much an attention whore as Frankie (reminds me of Jace BB5)

Jury is out on Caleb and Cody!  Caleb just wants to be famous and Cody...well, he came as close to gay in that house as a straight guy could when he was inebriated!

I basically think they were all a little blindsided by the behavior, but they are also on National TV and every little thing is a target.  Plus, Frankie is really good at being gay and being center stage, and he does not travel with "normal peons", he is used to gettting what he wants!

Having worked 8 of my 24 years with DOD in investigations/discrimination/grievance...(and this was 100 years ago when it's not near what it is now) I can tell you that it is NOT that easy to just stop it at any time.  If it were "just say no" would mean just that!

All excellent points, however I have to agree to disagree!

I basically think they were all a little blindsided by the behavior, but they are also on National TV and every little thing is a target.  Plus, Frankie is really good at being gay and being center stage, and he does not travel with "normal peons", he is used to gettting what he wants!

Having worked 8 of my 24 years with DOD in investigations/discrimination/grievance...(and this was 100 years ago when it's not near what it is now) I can tell you that it is NOT that easy to just stop it at any time.  If it were "just say no" would mean just that!

They knew they could not say anything. Gay or not if someone constantly laid on me and I would scream bloody murder. Being in the house if they had said something about Frankie's affection they  would have been labeled homophobic in front of millions of people.

Frankie knew that and took full advantage of it.

Remember Janelle's first season and one of the guys was accused of unwanted advances and he was voted out and labeled a sexual predator.

Frankie had safety.

I don't agree with that at all.  They could have filed complaints in private in the DR and all this could have been handled off camera IF, and that is a BIG IF, it was even an issue to anyone but the viewers.

Until I hear the guys themselves cry sexual harrassment and what have you, it is like joystiick said - all game.  They chose Frankie as an ally and they kept him around until he was no longer useful to them.  Period. 

Guest 6Borders

I don't agree with that at all.  They could have filed complaints in private in the DR and all this could have been handled off camera IF, and that is a BIG IF, it was even an issue to anyone but the viewers.

Until I hear the guys themselves cry sexual harrassment and what have you, it is like joystiick said - all game.  They chose Frankie as an ally and they kept him around until he was no longer useful to them.  Period. 

A FAT lot of good that would have done for the guys to cry "foul" in the DR and they know it (especially with "Famous Frankie"...CBS' little ticket to big bucks via the Grande with talent who actually makes millions).  Take it from me (until Derrick becomes an Officer of the Law again tomorrow) it is NOT that easy!

Grodner & Co hide behind BIG disclaimers:  they were BIG after Matt & the fake sick wife (and CBS/BB still "employed" Matt after all that went down) and after BB15 they became HUGE dislaimers (we have no control {BS} over what the HG's say...).  I would not be surprised if there is a BB Contract Clause the HG's had to sign buried in those 30+ pages...

....ie:  "if another HG can and will do unto others as he/she would do in the "real world, including, but not limited to I love you's, humping, jumping on and/or embracing, fondling or any other act which may or may not be previeved as affection, you and your fellow hg's are reminded you are not allowed to talk about,complain or express discontent to production about gay/race stuff and if he/she wants to hug 'n hump you too bad,  you signed on the dotted line...expect the unexpected and shut up"

Victoria's family are enraged (and I don't blame them) over "Frankie plans Victoria's rape" on National TV...who does that kind of thing???.  CBS will do NOTHING but hide behind their disclaimer.  Frankie gets a pass on that (like everything else) because it's not the real world of  you 'n me normal people!

I think that it will all be forgotten as soon as the show is over.  I also think that they chose how they were going to interact with frankie and how they would allow him to interact with them.  I saw nothing to the contrary to make me believe otherwise. They are all adults and I could not care less and honestly cannot fathom why some of you care so much.  Obviously.  He didn't hug on you.  If it bothered you so much why did you subject yourself to so much torture?   :daisy:

I agree with you.

Why shouldn't he be permitted to go on and on like Jeff and Jordan, Evil Dick, Rachael and Brendan? Didn't Rachaels sister benefit from having loads of tweeters and youtubers from fans of her sisters? I don't think he is any different than the wash-ups that precede him.

He was harmless in the house and no more a phony than the rest of them that are putting on a show for the cameras. Frankie played hard and well. There is no such things as "real" people in the house, they all want a shot at fame. Real people don't up and leave their jobs and families for money because real people who need money go out and earn it.

Even though there are countless bitch stories about Ariana daily in the news, she still has celebrity status and since that isn't easy to achieve it's no big deal he is proud of her.

Not sure what is about him that got everyone's panties in a twist. His biggest fault was being too trusting and he could have kicked the others to the curb first because he definitely had more opportunities they they did.

I totally agree. That is the fun of making it on Big Brother. Give the guy a break.

I hope he does win AFP . Sorry I thought he played a good game. He was over dramatic but I found it entertaining. I hope Zankie makes an appearance in the future.

To me, it seemed like Frankie was seeing JUST how much he could get away with (the humping, etc) ... and enjoying it.

I've mentioned before I thought he'd be one of my favs this season... But, his actions and self-importance soon changed my opinion.

Pity ... the guy is smart and seems to be pretty talented.

Yes, you are right.  Was Frankie wrong of course, but they never made it wrong. They all allowed it.  Even Derrick made a comment in DR once that he did it for game play.

How is it harrassment, if 1) everyone likes it  2) does it back 3) makes no complaints.

I lived through harassment at my job for years and nothing I could do about it. I had no power to stop it.

I filed complaints but it just made the harassment worse. I finally retired early to get away from it.

Anyway at the end Cody and Caleb made a few comments about how they were tired of Frankie's affection.

Guest 6Borders

I think that it will all be forgotten as soon as the show is over.  I also think that they chose how they were going to interact with frankie and how they would allow him to interact with them.  I saw nothing to the contrary to make me believe otherwise. They are all adults and I could not care less and honestly cannot fathom why some of you care so much.  Obviously.  He didn't hug on you.  If it bothered you so much why did you subject yourself to so much torture?   :daisy:

I guess if the job were over in 90 days and I might get 500K or even 50K I could put up with it (and they did too) but I challenge anyone to try it when they are living paycheck to paycheck and it's not over in 90 days or 190 days or 990 days...!  Also, I guess I don't understand the "it didn't happen to you so why should you care"? attitude!

Guest 6Borders

He was a poseur to the end. A friend texted me that the look on his face when he was not in top 3 for AFP was priceless. His five minutes of fame are up. Not a moment too soon.

Yeppers, anything to put himself centre stage!  Julie tried to get Donny over to her after SFP announcement and Frankie just kept blocking it, making sure he was standing next to Julie.  In the jury deliberations it was clear that Frankie wanted to run the show and he was not happy Dr. Will was mediating!

Julie apparently adores Fakie and his sis.  I never watch The Talk but I might tune in to see how much Fakie tries to

overshadow Derrick just for laughs and giggles.

So why is Frankie going on the Talk this week? Oh yeah, his sister is famous.

Exactly my question.  I think that Frankie is for sure is getting a pass for his antics this season.  For example Michelle from Big Brother 11 absolutely cannot stand the Jeff and Jordon admiration so on twitter last night she said she noticed that Jeff was sitting next to Ariana obviously to kiss her butt to get close to Frankie to kiss his butt for more fame. She called Jeff the homophobic  Jeff Schroder.  I am not mentioning this to have a debate on Jeff or his comments but what I found so interesting is that Frankie J Grande seems to think that women who have been with men and married chose to become Lesbians.  Ok you all tell me if anyone else in that house had made that comment how quick would they have been called out on social media and on all the TMZ shows etc???? Why is it ok for Frankie to say that???  Why would he get to be on the talk?  So Derrick enjoy your other interviews because obviously CBS and Julie Chen have decided that its all about Frankie this year.  I am so glad he was not AFP and he knows that he was not even in the top 3.  I didn't get to see his face but I would have loved to have seen it.  I am over him his over the top crap and hope I do not have to watch him on Survivor or the Amazing Race.  Zach should go on with Donny I think they are close and I think they would be funny.  Ok rant done.  Have a great winter everyone.

I think that it will all be forgotten as soon as the show is over. I also think that they chose how they were going to interact with frankie and how they would allow him to interact with them. I saw nothing to the contrary to make me believe otherwise. They are all adults and I could not care less and honestly cannot fathom why some of you care so much. Obviously. He didn't hug on you. If it bothered you so much why did you subject yourself to so much torture? :daisy:

I feel the same way. Thanks for your thought.

To me, it seemed like Frankie was seeing JUST how much he could get away with (the humping, etc) ... and enjoying it.

I've mentioned before I thought he'd be one of my favs this season... But, his actions and self-importance soon changed my opinion.

Pity ... the guy is smart and seems to be pretty talented.

That's the way I saw it too. I suspect that if someone actually said to him "get the h-e-doubletoothpicks off of me" he would have backed off.

Whatever the case, he reminded me of my son's dog.......always trying to hump and has to be reminded that it's not ok.

I don't concur with your assessment that he's smart and talented.  He's just average at best, but manages to convince people that he possesses intelligence and talent with his over-the-top ways. JMO.

Guest 6Borders

I don't concur with your assessment that he's smart and talented.  He's just average at best, but manages to convince people that he possesses intelligence and talent with his over-the-top ways. JMO.

I agree!  Frankie has "average talent" but there are tons of performers out there with average talent.  Frankie is trying to put together a package using BB and his Sis' connections or anything he can to be famous on his own (nothing wrong with that, I just don't see Frankie as becoming any big star).

Personally I hope never to see him on BB Dull Stars (tho he's already pitching it and CBS loves him).  I can't see him on Survivor without special perks.  Zankie on TAR might be interesting because there is not the same ability to hog the camera!