Caleb Reynolds (Week 11 - Take 2) - HoH

gerberadaisy7

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During the Iraq war, when you were a prison guard, your prisoners were enemy POWs. We all recall the scandal at Abu Girab. For a 19 year old to spend almost two years doing that would explain a lot about Caleb's quirks. He received an honorable discharge but is still battling PTSD. I suppose patriotism is a big joke to some people.

I'm disappointed with CBS that they would put him on this show. When(if) he is evicted Wednesday he will be a real man about it. Unlike Frankie or Donnie for that matter who made his eviction a big  pity party to get AFP. JMO.

He sure did.

And point taken about his time as a prison guard.  Not a joke at all. 

So was Marvin from S5

Dr. Wil had a spot on The Young and The Restless, I remember.  These are literally 2 second spots where they nod or say two or three words at best.  I am sure it would be fun, but it is in no way a career launching gig.  Blink and you will be missed. 

I thought that caleb got a chitty deal on the internet and here when season 16 first started.  People dissed him right and left.  Or, as marty would say, they threw some serious shade   :devilish:   I grew to like him and find him harmless.  I think that he will be surprised that a bunch of guys weren't exactly what they appeared to be - or something - but I think that it might prepare him for a bigger step on down the road.  He wil likely just smile about it.  He might also grow a bit and realize that those tall tales aren't necessary; especially in his case.

I wish the man well and would rather him win than derrick, truth be told.

Thanks, Marty. And God Bless your husband who as a police officer puts his life on the line for all of us everyday. Derrick deserves the win!

I get that Caleb may have some issues but what I do respect about him is the love for his country that he truly has.  You will not find a more loyal guy and to be quite honest he has been growing on me for a while now.  I realize he has an ego but I think that is just for the show.  I told my husband last night he is so dilusional you kinda have to love him LOL.  As far as Derrick is concerned if he wins he will have deserved it but I don't like him and never have.  I respect that he is a cop and that I am sure he was very good at being an undercover cop.  My husband is in the fire service so I know they all put their lives on the line everyday.  I wouldn't mind if Caleb won I neve thought I would say that LOL.  Cody in my opinion is just a couple steps up from Victoria so I do not want to see him in the final 2 either.

Caleb mentioned a few days ago, "Ever since Amber left I don't get that many DRs anymore!" DR really gave him marching orders, although he did get out  of hand. A la Jethro Bodine on Beverly Hillbillies. After she had been gone a week or so, the remaining HGs agreed they really liked him a lot better. I like him better than Cody or Vic too. So he better win that POV.

Guest 6Borders

During the Iraq war, when you were a prison guard, your prisoners were enemy POWs. We all recall the scandal at Abu Girab. For a 19 year old to spend almost two years doing that would explain a lot about Caleb's quirks. He received an honorable discharge but is still battling PTSD. I suppose patriotism is a big joke to some people.

I'm disappointed with CBS that they would put him on this show. When(if) he is evicted Wednesday he will be a real man about it. Unlike Frankie or Donnie for that matter who made his eviction a big  pity party to get AFP. JMO.

Just curious as to where you got the idea/info that he spent "2 years as a prison guard"???  He probably spent a total of 2 years in military service (standard minimal enlistment) but I seriously DOUBT he spent 2 years actually being a prison guard (I've heard from his mouth both 4 months and 8 months as to his service).

Not disputing Caleb's service to his country, he did serve, but I think (like everything else out of his mouth) there are some transgressions of the truth in his stories.  We've been with Dogs on Deployment since post 9/11 and I have never had a dog longer than 9 months and that included deployment prep and exit at Camp SLO or Camp Roberts and those were Desert Shield and Desert Storm.  Most of our deployment fosters are no more than 4-6 months (depending on Unit) and all but one of those Military Service Members were in Iraq or Afghanstan, 1st to 4th tours of duty!

I really want Caleb to win the veto because at this point in the game it's the only thing that will save him. I want the F3 to be Caleb, Cody, & Derrick - Sorry but Victoria is unlikely to win anything on her own. I want to see at fight to the finish between the boys.

I would love to see Caleb win the next HOH and put up Derrick and Victoria.  I would love to see Cody grow some balls and vote out Derrick. I would love to see Caleb win the final HOH and bring Victoria to F2.  Then I would love to see Victoria win the $500K .  That would serve them all right!   :naughty:

I would love to see Caleb win the next HOH and put up Derrick and Victoria.  I would love to see Cody grow some balls and vote out Derrick. I would love to see Caleb win the final HOH and bring Victoria to F2.  Then I would love to see Victoria win the $500K .  That would serve them all right!   :naughty:

Caleb can't play in the next HOH. He can save himself by winning the POV and be in the F3 with Cody and Derrick.

I researched Caleb the best I could. Also I later posted he should not be on this show is simply that he has been under the care of VA since his discharge...he said so early on in the game. He also takes meds daily. Despite all that he has certainly played a better game than the others, except Derrick and would IMO deserve to at least be in F3. Getting rid of Frankie is the biggest move in this game. So far. Anyone out there may feel free to hire a private detective, Arrowhead, 6 Borders. Sorry my quote button doesn't work this year.

At this point in the game, whoever loses the Veto comp, except for  Victoria of course..

Since the feeds are down... and some time on my hands...

thought  I'd see if I could find anything on Google about Caleb's military career.

I found this article... someone may have posted it already.

Some interesting stuff.   Just kinda shows that Caleb stretches the facts (as we all know).

http://tamaratattles.com/2014/08/31/caleb-continues-to-lie-about-his-military-experiences/

... I still thank him for his service  .... no matter what he did - or - didn't do

Caleb can't play in the next HOH. He can save himself by winning the POV and be in the F3 with Cody and Derrick.

Thanks Marty, I was so pissed at Derrick that I forgot Caleb was the current HOH.  I was hoping there was some way that Derrick could be put on the block and voted off.  I guess only Cody could put Derrick there and only Caleb could vote Derrick out, but I won't hold my breath.  

But it would make my day, my week, my month, my year!

I just want Caleb to seriously get over his infatuation with Amber. She never gave him any indication that she could or would have a relationship with him outside the BB house.

Caleb really messed up Amber's game. But she can be thankful for the following:

1. She was evicted before jury. If she was in Jocasta's place - love sick Caleb might have volunteered himself for eviction just to be sequestered with her for 4 weeks.

2. She wasn't attached to him for 48 hours like Victoria.

I just want Caleb to seriously get over his infatuation with Amber. She never gave him any indication that she could or would have a relationship with him outside the BB house.

Caleb really messed up Amber's game. But she can be thankful for the following:

1. She was evicted before jury. If she was in Jocasta's place - love sick Caleb might have volunteered himself for eviction just to be sequestered with her for 4 weeks.

2. She wasn't attached to him for 48 hours like Victoria.

"Messed up her game" is an understatement!  What he did was despicable, in my estimation.  He literally got her put up for eviction because she did not want a romantic relationship with him.  This is sexual harassment to the fullest extent.  He hoped that she would come running to him to be saved . Instead he got her evicted just because she refused to talk to him.  What an insufferable a-hole!  That is why I won't be upset if Derrick and Cody's plan to evict him on Wednesday comes to fruition.  

I found this article... someone may have posted it already.

Some interesting stuff.   Just kinda shows that Caleb stretches the facts (as we all know).

http://tamaratattles.com/2014/08/31/caleb-continues-to-lie-about-his-military-experiences/

... I still thank him for his service  .... no matter what he did - or - didn't do

Frankly, even with all Caleb's lies, I would have more questions for the person who wrote the story than I would have for Caleb. One of the first things I noticed that she did is change what Caleb said. According to her story, Caleb said that his unit was the last out of Baghdad, but later when she contradicted his story she mentions the last unit out of Iraq. Iraq is the country. Baghdad is the capital city of Iraq. US forces pulled out of Iraqi cities in 2009. We pulled out of the country in 2011. 

Since the feeds are down... and some time on my hands...

thought  I'd see if I could find anything on Google about Caleb's military career.

She also questions his serving as a guard, since he was infantry and not a MP. You could be in almost any MOS or job and end up pulling guard duty in a prison, especially if you were with a national guard unit. Frankly, it pisses me off when people who has never served a day in there life starts trying to question the service of other veterans. That needs to be left to people who actually served and understand a little about how military service works. 

Joystick : " Frankly, it pisses me off when people who has never served a day in there life starts trying to question the service of other veterans. That needs to be left to people who actually served and understand a little about how military service works. "

I think the reason people are suspicious of the things he's said about his military service are because the guy seems to stretch facts

about anything and everything he's done.

Ya gotta admit he tries to TOP any story / experience that anyone talks about.

I had a brother-in-law just like him... and I swear the guy believed everything that came out of his own mouth.