DawnMarie

Utopia - General Discussion

Welcome to the premier of UTOPIA!!  Tell us,did you think Josh's drunken behavior was over the line?  Do you feel bad for Hex being taken to the hospital even thought she drank herself into that situation?  Should Josh or Hex be banished from Utopia?  What about Dave and his wild behavior screaming to everyone he was not going to leave any of his stuff behind even though everyone had to make sacrifices? 

Are these personalities just too strong to get along with each other, or will they settle down and make allowances for everyone's differences?  Tell us who you like and who you didn't.  Who do you think will be the first to go and why?  Who is the most important/useful to the group and who is dead weight? 

Tune in later tonight for a recap of tonight's episode.

My first reaction might be that they have too many leaders and not enough followers.

Kind of a trainwreck.

(But in a good way, for us voyeuristic viewers, perhaps?)

Not sure just yet if I intend to keep watching this show.

Makes me appreciate Robyn Kass's casting.

Sure, a couple of Big Brother houseguests end up being labeled as "boring", but as least most are not "fly off the handle" types with closed minds, or personalities of an altered state.

Survivor has had a few strange personalities, and this show is more like Survivor than Big Brother.

The difference being that instead of strategizing to avoid being voted out of the tribe, they must strategize to actually survive.  (And hopefully in peace and harmony.)

It was not what I was expecting.

I thought there would be more level-headed people involved.

I think I'll stop here, before I say anything unkind.

I haven't got everyone sorted out yet, and when folks were fighting, I couldn't follow what the fight was about. Surprised how quickly decorum disintegrated!   Intrigued enough to tune in again. 

I really enjoyed the first episode. It was great. I actually like Dave, however his outburst at the beginning was a little much. Like seriously, all these other individuals are giving up personal items and you really need all your stuff in there?...

I honestly didn't feel bad for Hex and her over drinking. She admitted in the show that she has a problem when it comes to drinking. So I think she should have been on some type of probation with Josh. However I don't think she should be banished for her actions. I think she is of importance to the team, she brings great skills.

As for Josh... Same with him I mean I don't feel sorry for him. He should know his limits. I understand it was the first night.. But really? Also he was being snippy with others before he started drinking. He has a hard headed man and very opinionated. Putting his hands on others is a big no no for me. He was a huge aggressor while intoxicated.

Also was it just me, or did he form some kind of accent while he as drunk lol. However I think it would have been unfair if they would have banished him. Josh too, is of great importance. He has his skills as a contractor and they need him to help build things. I think it was also very brave of him to admit to what he had done and apologise.

Now my opinion on Red. LOVE HIM... well he scared me at the beginning, then I liked him. Then when the chicken thing happened, I started to not be his fan.. Then when he was about to leave I actually got sad. I didn't want to see him go. But he has to realize they all need to work together.

I do believe there are a lot of strong minded people on utopia. I'm not sure how well that's going to go. I found it very hard to watch when they would all start bickering about who gets to talk, or no one listening. Very hard to keep up with.

I was actually really sucked into the show and I'm very surprised that I liked it. I'm excited for the next episode.

Not sure if I'll keep watching this or not. The first episode was definitely over-the-top. So much, that I'm not sure I really believe it wasn't staged. If it really is legitimate, then this group is really dysfunctional. Way too many pushing/preaching their views to everyone else on day #1. That's a good way to get yourself hated real quick.

With any luck, we'll see a couple of them murdered over the next couple of weeks.

With any luck, we'll see a couple of them murdered over the next couple of weeks.

LOL  I wondered if their wasn't going to be a "beat down" myself.  They were so quick to be rude and aggressive with each other.  They will have to get it together or the money will run out and the show will go BOOM!  I like that they weren't all kids though.  And the girls actually got along!!!  It was the boys fighting, that was unusual.  I'm willing to check it out on Tue and see whats going on, I know Mike is going out the door.  Kind of a shame, he can be a jerk, but he sure was cool with Red when he was having a melt down. 

Your observation about the boys fighting band the girls getting along is interesting.  It's been that way some times on Survivor.  I think the situation brings out the alpha instincts of the male, and the nesting instincts of the female.  On Big Brother, the HGs go into the house thinking "game" where guys are used bonding, and since nesting and survival are not at issue, as on Utopia or Survivor, the females on BB aren't motivated to bond, and therefore turn into catty little bitches.  Of course I say they with a dash of sarcasm.  I've always hoped the girls on BB were cast because they're outgoing and egotistical, and not because they're nice little representations of "average."

I was actually surprised that the gate isn't locked, and the citizens of utopia can freely leave if they don't want to be part of it anymore.

I have a question. I don't see many commercials for Utopia. I've actually only ever seen one. I found out about it on Twitter. What day(s) does it play on each week?

I was actually surprised that the gate isn't locked, and the citizens of utopia can freely leave if they don't want to be part of it anymore.

I have a question. I don't see many commercials for Utopia. I've actually only ever seen one. I found out about it on Twitter. What day(s) does it play on each week?

Cortney it will be on Fox, Tue and Fri at 8/7c.  

My take on Day 1: Based on first impressions I can already tell Dave is going to be on my nerves. I do like the diversity though. Then when Josh had his incident I was worried for him and his place there. Sucks that you try to have fun (drink) and get in trouble for it.

My take on Day 2: I thought I wasn't going to like Hex but actually she's like my favorite. She's a strong headed woman, tells it how it is, and so glad she's OK after being rushed off for medical attention. Glad that Amanda told the group that she's pregnant as it would be hard for her to keep it under raps and now when she eats more, the others would understand. Pastor Jon, hmmm, all I will say about him is at least he's not "pressuring" people when it comes to religion. I like how he's just there for those who want to talk about it but not getting into anyones business or anything.

My take on Day 3: Glad Red didn't leave. That's all I can really say. I actually like Red as he's my comic relief and I think he can really add to the show/game/Utopia as long as he's there. 

It will be interesting to see where this goes......