BB16 General Discussion - part 3 (non-houseguest-specific)

Slowpoke

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Stagehand - agreed! I recently finished watching S2 for the first time. I'm now halfway through S3, also for the first time. The first season I watched as it happened was S5 and after that S7, s12, s15... and maybe a couple others.

Anyway, I am amazed at how many strong women there are in season 3. I agree that casting is one big reason for the changes for the worse in this game. Too many people in their early 20s. Too little age diversity. Too many celebrity-wanna-bes. Etc. And this season in particular, the BotB twist made the game much more boring. 

Unrelated - regarding everyone's complaints about how boring the last week of the season is on the feeds - OMG YES. However.... i actually find Cody pretty funny, and sometimes the banter among the 3 of them is amusing to me too. I think about this time last year watching/listening to Andy, Spencer, and GM and am thanking god I'm not watching them now. They were, as Zach might say, THE WORST! 

10303740_10203815479801780_1227930475843

Stole this off the Internet

Marty:

Thanks for the Hitmen pic - I'm sure the boys will love it too.

Also thanks for the RHAP interview with Dan G.

I agree with Dan re: Derrick not actually being "tested or challenged" in this season. (Maybe his melodrama with Victoria is his challenge?)

Guest 6Borders

Methinks DR is feeding Victoria info about Derrick, or at least asking her VERY leading questions ie:  "Do you really think Derrick is what he says he is?...do you think he would have been able to take 3 months off from a Park & Rec job???"

No way is that stupid twit smart enough to think of any of that on her own!  She's got to be being fed DR stuff to "keep things interesting" and I still think she is Grodner's this year selected (because Grodner promised someone).

I have watched the live feeds for all 16 seasons of BB, including BB 1. Over the past couple of days I've been watching BB 2, which most know was the first season with an HOH, nominations, etc It has truly been eye opening to see how much the game has changed. It really was much more of true game back then. You had people who applied to be on the show rather than recruited, not wanna be celebrities, the DR sessions were not highly polished scripted sound bites as they have become. The entire show had a much more raw, genuine feel to it. At one of the first nomination meetings, before it became a "ceremony" the HOH wore a robe and a towel on her hair. Production appeared to be there to capture the action rather than manipulate it.

Over the year, the show has been tweaked with the various "twists" to the point where it is no longer the show it used to be, despite the roar from hard core fans wanting it to be so.

BB16 has been a very frustrating season for me to watch on several accounts, the lack of game play, but primarily the Frankie factor. I loathe Frankie, but it's not so much how ill I feel every time he looked at the camera, it's really more about what he represents.

It's very clear to me, he was the chosen one for this season. The predetermined story line to follow him to the win. Now of course he is not going to this year, mostly I think because I think the production manipulation, opps I mean rewind twist, back fired. Oh course this is not the first season with this kind of thing. It's just so in your face this time around, as if CBS isn't even trying to hide it any more.

I got sucked in as a fan early in it history. Year after year hoping it would go back to what it once was, but it's not going to happen. I think that it's time to say BB16 will be my last. I don't really want to invest another summer watching something so phony and predetermined. It may take a 12 step program to get me there, but I can't do this any more...

I have been watching since season one also. I will never give up watching. When Ian won it was fabulous and now Derrick talked his way through the whole game and never got put on the block. That is BB history. Things change, that's just life.

10436194_892138450798053_653218091669438

I peed my pants

Guest 6Borders

Were any of the HGs eating with chopsticks when they got their Chinese food?

I don't think so but I honestly could not say for sure.  I'm so over these people I start tuning them out (especially when Twitoria is on her relentless whining and begging to be taken to F2).

I will miss all the chat but I am sooooo ready for this season to be over and done with!

Ha... I see you're still checking in :excl:

This has been a weird BB... and I've hung in there because I'm addicted (like the rest of you)

I won't miss these HG's that much... but, I will miss seeing all the 'regulars' pop in with their

opinions, pics, tongue in cheek remarks and (of course) Wicked's wicked slant on this years batch of victims :stirthepot:

psst... anyone going to post during Survivor ???

Guest 6Borders

I'll be hanging around for Survivor and TAR.  Not as much posting for those tho because only once a week and no feeds, but other than "the annoying twinnies" all new casts!

Ha... I see you're still checking in :excl:

This has been a weird BB... and I've hung in there because I'm addicted (like the rest of you)

I won't miss these HG's that much... but, I will miss seeing all the 'regulars' pop in with their

opinions, pics, tongue in cheek remarks and (of course) Wicked's wicked slant on this years batch of victims :stirthepot:

Heard Dat! I will miss Caleb - he reminds me of a cousin who was notorious for his tall tales. Good ole country boy - he played with a lot of heart. I just don't wanna hear him taking credit for Mila Kunis' baby.

Heard Dat! I will miss Caleb - he reminds me of a cousin who was notorious for his tall tales. Good ole country boy - he played with a lot of heart. I just don't wanna hear him taking credit for Mila Kunis' baby.

LOL.  Thanks for the smile.  I enjoyed your posts this season.