BB16 General Discussion - part 3 (non-houseguest-specific)

Slowpoke

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to ask for opinions again on a subject I seem to not understand. Why are HGs being allowed to fall asleep on LR and BY sofas with BB seeming to endlessly call them out from behind the wall.

The other quandary is this . . . Derrick wins HoH but I tune in to TVGN for BBAD and there is a close up of Caleb in the HoH bathroom washing and moisturing his face. If he's not the HoH, why doesn't BB tell him to use the main bathroom? Okay, now I tune in and find Cody and HoH Derrick shaving in the HGs bathroom! What's the point or benefit of being HoH?

Derrick was in the HoH room for the majority of Caleb's grooming routine but left the room leaving Caleb behind on his own. It used to be understood [back in the olden days] that if the HoH wasn't in the room, NO ONE could be in the room [with a few exceptions when HGs asked special permission from the HoH for a little romantic privacy].

Am I the only one who wish it would go back to some of the old ways to motivate and perhaps appropriately punish HGs during the game? I think it made for a more gritty contest/game with contestants who were from the general public. I know I lose that argument because ratings don't lie. Ratings go up with the bikini ready/buff shirt off young bodies for the demographic CBS seeks but I miss a HG like Chicken George. I guess that's why I gravitate to Donny. Just a few more things that make me scratch my head and go ummm . . .

Since this was the season of love among the HGs, the HoH room pretty much became another public bedroom. The HoH rarely slept alone. In other seasons the HoH chose to keep their room free of others intruding constantly and specifically invited someone to share.

Guest 6Borders

@TV_Paige:  I miss the old days too but I think it's up to the HOH who they want to use their room.  This season's cast has been two things:  exceptionally "what's mine is yours" and scared to piss off Frankie (who spent barely over 2 weeks NOT sleeping in the HOH no matter who held the title).

The singing and sleeping calls outs are as much a part of BB as HOH, POV and slop.  The HG's know better, of course, but it's never stopped them.  Sometimes they would sing just to get the cameras off the feeds for a few minutes.  I've often wondered how many bars they have to sing before it becomes a "royalty/copyright" issue that BB has to pay on, because 99% of the time we hear at least a full line of a song or movie quote.

I always thought it would be more fun if they got punishments for breaking the rules but they don't unless it's blatent and expensive (like Chima tossing her mic in the pool).

So missing this last week....Whatever happened with Vic & Der's "falling out"? Was that just for Frankie and they didn't need to keep up the farce after that? Was it revealed to Caleb and/or at least Cody that it was just a ploy?

No, they have kept it up.

Even now, in final 3, they haven't told Cody, but they did tell him that they have now "kissed and made up".

Derrick is so concerned about Vic knowing he is a cop. What about Cody? Does he allready know. Never mind that, what about Team America and the fact that he has allready won money. Can't Donnie and Frankie divulge that little tidbit to the other jury members, just in case Derrick and Cody are the F2. Will that info sway some votes toward Cody, knowing Derrick has been totally untruthful and played them all. I think Victoria will be the most hurt by this, since Derrick is always telling her he was her protector and most importantly, her friend in the house. Can't wait for the outcome. My brain can't comprehend the total blindside coming. I look forward to the finale. Then it's all finished, and what do we do. "Watch Survivor" and start all over again!!!!!

I loved the exchange between Cody and Victoria when Cody reminded her of the time that she "hated"  Derrick.  She protested so vehemently!  Almost told him that it was all a ploy, until Derrick jumped in to stop her.  It would have been so funny if she had gotten the chance to tell him.  That would have made Cody even more paranoid about Derrick's true intentions.  Even though Cody is talking like the F2 with Derrick is a done deal, he still must be a bit paranoid. 

I don't think it was that big of a deal. Derrick does have a masters degree. Unfortunately he works for and lives in a small town with fiscal issues. So some $$$ would come in handy. A while back Derrick mentioned he wanted to buy a house for his family but it would be a small house due to high prices in RI. He is definitely the smartest HG in BB16.

After handling Frankie so calmly I wondered if he ever worked on the Vice Squad....lol...Will Frankie's predatory treatment of the str8 guys ever be called out? Frankie reminds me of that Lindsey Lohan ....a washed up druggie. For 32, she doesn't look so well.

I still can't wrap my head around one of these guys taking 'the Princess' onto the final 2.

I know it's the smart thing for them to do.... but, it really makes my stomach curdle :wacko:

(and Marty... I don't care where you got it from.... loooove it)

Guest 6Borders

I still can't wrap my head around one of these guys taking 'the Princess' onto the final 2.

I know it's the smart thing for them to do.... but, it really makes my stomach curdle :wacko:

(and Marty... I don't care where you got it from.... loooove it)

Ditto that!  The fish deserve F2 more than Victoria!

Guest 6Borders

Big news, everybody. HGs are getting a catered lunch...Chinese Food...Hmmm...wonder who's idea that is? (They had other options.)

Is that "Kosher"???...oh forgot, Victoria can be Jewish only when she wants to or it suits her agenda to get what she wants!!!  {Sorry if that sounds (pick any category you like) but I remember her scarfing down an In 'n Out cheeseburger!}