Derrick Levasseur (Week 11 - Take 1) + Team America

stevea11

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then we should just do away with Morty's and every other forum and then nobody would have to comment about anything at all...problem solved!!!

I was commenting about people who wanted Derrick fired and consider him the "dirty cop" based on his game play.  It had nothing to do with our posts here at Mortys, but I think you   have taken my comment personal.

When I was watching BBAD, Derrick was dead set against pressing the reset button. He tried to talk the others out of it and looked anxious about it sitting there in the middle of the room. Victoria didn't want to press the button either, but that was only because Derrick thought it was a bad idea. lol

The CBS show did not capture that at all I thought. It looked like everyone wanted to go along for the ride.

I was commenting about people who wanted Derrick fired and consider him the "dirty cop" based on his game play.  It had nothing to do with our posts here at Mortys, but I think you   have taken my comment personal.

The same thing probably happened to Tony Vlacho on Survivor.  He made Derrick seem positively angelic, in my opinion.  LOL.  

Re:  your button post.  I would have pushed it.  Pronto.  Couldn't help myself.

Good conversation with Derrick and Victoria at 4:12 am 9/8

He is trying to explain to her how dogs are family. She doesn't understand why he doesn't sell his dogs because they are expensive.

He talks about his family and his love Jana, Tenly and his dogs. He is talking about what a wonderful wife he has and Victoria says he does have a wonderful family.

She admires him and he thinks of her as a little sister.

Although this has been in my mind as a growing possibility throughout the season, I now feel I have seen enough to write this: Derrick is the most skilled player that has ever played this game. Previously, I was giving this distinction to Dan but after going back and watching BB10 again over the last couple weeks, I feel like Dan's game wasn't as perfect as I remembered it. In both seasons (especially BB14) he really ticked off jury members when I don't think it was completely necessary. Also, I forgot how much everyone hated Memphis and considered Dan the lesser of two evils. I wonder if he would have beaten Jerry.

Dan is a lot more of a showman than Derrick and goes out of his way to make great TV by pulling lots of big, flashy moves (replacement nominee roulette, Dan’s funeral, etc) and he always does his best to explain his gameplay in the DR and even gives his fans little winks to the camera here and there in the house so he us much more fun to watch and likeable from a fan perspective. But Derrick is just phenomenal in terms of manipulating people and massaging the jury. Dan gets himself out of crazy predicaments but Derrick never gets into them in the first place. He’s got that house locked down like no player I’ve never seen. He’s got everyone in the house rooting for him to win but also not perceiving him as any kind of threat (huh?). He can talk anyone into and out of anything. His damage control skills are unmatched. He is controlling absolutely everything that happens in the game without a drop of blood on his hands. Everyone that leaves the house thinks Derrick was the one person trying to save them. This guy is so good I think his game is much more comparable to Boston Rob (who I think is the best ever Survivor player) than anyone that has played BB.

Although this has been in my mind as a growing possibility throughout the season, I now feel I have seen enough to write this: Derrick is the most skilled player that has ever played this game. Previously, I was giving this distinction to Dan but after going back and watching BB10 again over the last couple weeks, I feel like Dan's game wasn't as perfect as I remembered it. In both seasons (especially BB14) he really ticked off jury members when I don't think it was completely necessary. Also, I forgot how much everyone hated Memphis and considered Dan the lesser of two evils. I wonder if he would have beaten Jerry.

Dan is a lot more of a showman than Derrick and goes out of his way to make great TV by pulling lots of big, flashy moves (replacement nominee roulette, Dan’s funeral, etc) and he always does his best to explain his gameplay in the DR and even gives his fans little winks to the camera here and there in the house so he us much more fun to watch and likeable from a fan perspective. But Derrick is just phenomenal in terms of manipulating people and massaging the jury. Dan gets himself out of crazy predicaments but Derrick never gets into them in the first place. He’s got that house locked down like no player I’ve never seen. He’s got everyone in the house rooting for him to win but also not perceiving him as any kind of threat (huh?). He can talk anyone into and out of anything. His damage control skills are unmatched. He is controlling absolutely everything that happens in the game without a drop of blood on his hands. Everyone that leaves the house thinks Derrick was the one person trying to save them. This guy is so good I think his game is much more comparable to Boston Rob (who I think is the best ever Survivor player) than anyone that has played BB.

Good post. I am fascinated by Derrick's game and how he has played it in such a stealth way. Different from Dan but still masterful. Derrick's work on the jury votes has been superb. It seems that the others left standing have not worked to win the jury. Derrick plays the game like chess and thinks about every move and thinks ahead.

I am still on the Dan train as being #1 but the game is not over yet. I am anxious to see the rest of the game play out. You never know.....

I agree, GreatSaltLuke.  Derek has played a nearly flawless game and if he wins, I see him taking the spotlight as the best bb player ever.  He's combined some of Dan's strategy and The Brigade's unbeatable dominance from day one and it very likely will make him bb16's winner.  I think Frankie has played an amazing game as well, albeit very different from Derek's under-the-radar, secret-savior-of-all gameplay.  Donny's the only one who actually figured him out from the get-go therefore Derek seen to it that Donny was ousted.  They'll all regret that they didn't listen to Donny from the beginning when he was telling them that Derek was "the ringleader."

I think it's hilarious that Caleb believes he's the founder/leader of the BS.  Derek has a real skill with making others feel far more important than they are.

I just wish I could happily cheer for someone.  :rolleyes:

I really like Derrick, and I would be more than happy to see him win the 500k. I think he deserves it. I think that with Derrick being a police officer he has the ability to adapt to situations and play different roles in this game. He has done an excellent job, making "Friends" with all the hg's and being their go to person. He's also amazing at planting seeds. I'm sure he's thrown a few comps this season, and if that's true, it has surely benefited him. I'm still shocked he hasn't been put on the block. I know on the show yesterday when Derrick, Frankie and I think it was Caleb (Sorry may have been Cody) were in the SR Frankie mentioned how Derrick hasn't been put up yet. I'm surprised that wasn't a red flag to anyone. He has been able to keep everyone liking him. Its amazing. He is really playing a great game. Now if only he could get out Frankie. I rather Vic win then Frankie.

agree about Derrick - his game play has been amazing to watch - he is able to look at the big picture and anticipate what a current move will cause three moves later - and be on point with it - I think the final two will be Derrick and Frankie, who, despite the fact that I don't care for his personality, has played a good game - different from Derrick's, but very good just the same -

I've said it way too many times, that derrick is not a favorite but that he is playing one helluva game and is probably a nice man.  Actually, now that we are about done with season 16, I think that all the house guests are okay people, for the most part.  More so than many seasons past, I'm thinking.  Some of them seem a little (or a lot, depending on your view) off-the-wall and certainly different from mainstream and some have acted the fool at times but hey...... they seem like decent people all in all.

Derrick talking earlier to Cody and he is upset that DR was trying to ask him questions about Victoria and leading questions. He said I am a F'ing married man that loves my wife. He said it is not nice for them ask those questions and try and make Victoria look bad.

paraphrasing

Watching Derrick on the feeds right now as Victoria sits there basking in his presence with complete admiration and gratitude as he butters her up for her eviction like he wants nothing more than to save her but is just so powerless to stop those brutes getting rid of her. She is gushing all over him like she's the luckiest girl in the world to be talking to him. Now granted Victoria might gush over a pretty coffee cup but still no one even comes close to this guy for gameplay. He should be paid large sums of money to teach seminars on how to play Big Brother.

Derrick talking earlier to Cody and he is upset that DR was trying to ask him questions about Victoria and leading questions. He said I am a F'ing married man that loves my wife. He said it is not nice for them ask those questions and try and make Victoria look bad.

paraphrasing

Why is he allowed to talk about his DR?  It surely sounds like they are instigating something, yet again some of  these HGs can't see how the viewers see things. 

He's a smart guy, you all agree, so we all know that  he knows he is leading her on!  It's a necessary gameplay for him because he couldn't do what he does without her, but she won't see it that way.

I think that derrick's smartest move was to assess the situation - he had to do it quickly - and gravitate to victoria.  I don't think that derrick has any romantic notions toward victoria in any sense.  Give the man some credit.  He wants to win 500K and possibly use big brother as a stepping stone to amazing race and/or survivor.  He would be terrific on either or both.  And I don't even like the guy.

Guest 6Borders

Derrick is making a bad move in telling Vic in her "pre-exit speech" to say that Derrick stabbed her in the back and he is "dead to her".  Frankie is going to sniff that one out faster than pink glitter and Caleb (when he's not bragging about something he really has not done) is no idiot either.  Cody is clueless as a soccer ball kicked too many times and he won't get it.

Derrick has played a brilliant game thus far and there is NO reason to incorporate Dan's faux funeral lines into his game play.

He's fully played this week for Victoria going out the door next and being a jury vote to influence all other jury votes to vote for Derrick.  The rewind is going to be interesting (I can hope anyway).

Honestly for no other reason than having to baby-sit Victoria (and her hair) all season, he deserves to win!

Anxious to hear Derrick's diary room sessions tonight because he and Vic were whispering so low last night that I couldn't figure out exactly what was being said. . .other than he somehow has convinced her to pretend that she's mad at him and to not really campaign because she could make things worse for herself (he HAS to be feeling like a complete heel by now for manipulating her so easily the entire game).  God love her, she is dumber than a box of hair!

So after that conversation, Derrick is out in the backyard and again, I didn't understand exactly what he was trying to accomplish because they were all talking at the same time.  Was he trying to keep them from telling her she is going home?  (I used to be able to listen to more than one person at a time but now that I'm old and lacking in estrogen - champion hormone if I do say so myself  :P - I just can't keep up with four people talking fast & all at once.  Anyway, Frankie was looking at Derrick as if to say, "Bitch, please!  Don't insult my intelligence."  I'm thinking Frankie is shrewd enough to see through Derrick's ploys.  And that worries me because at this point, if Derrick doesn't win, I don't care who wins - unless it's FRANKIE!  Ugh, please not Frankie. 

Really good acting job from Victoria up in HOH with Frankie about 4:30pm ish. 9/9

She is crushing the acting job about how Derrick stabbed her in the back and she is not ever voting for him and she can't forgive him.

With some of these egos, I don't know how Derrick is going to convince them he manipulated them without them seeing the feeds and diary rooms for themselves

Nicole, Hayden and Donny know that it was Derrick and Frankie pulling all the strings. It will be Caleb and Cody, especially Caleb, who will not want to accept that Derrick manipulated them. If Cody is in F2 with anyone, Christine will give him her vote but if it is Derrick against Frankie/Caleb, I think she will vote Derrick. Jocasta... no idea what she will do because I don't think she has a clue who was running the house.

With some of these egos, I don't know how Derrick is going to convince them he manipulated them without them seeing the feeds and diary rooms for themselves

Derrick is such a smooth talker I'm not too worried about his ability to convince the jury to vote for him against anyone. I'm not sure he even needs to bring up how much he controlled/manipulated the house. He could probably win against any of them just playing the humble card that he plays so well. He's already got everyone thinking he needs the money most anyways. And he did a great job of buttering up each jury member he sent out of the house so I can't imagine they are trash talking him the way they are the others. I think he's got it in the bag as long as he makes it there.

I wondered about that too. His undercover manipulations may have been too subtle for this group of HGs.( He should have backdoored Frankie when he had chances weeks ago. Now that Frankie is on a competition winning streak he's unstoppable.)

Because most of the jury HGs think that Frankie is running the house. I think that Derrick may have overplayed himself with some of the jury in trying to 'befriend' them on their way out the door. Derrick was quite willing to let others take credit (getting blood on their hands) for all of the early evictions. He only took credit for Devin's eviction because everybody was scared of Devin and wanted him out. But Devin's not in the jury and won't be voting.

His latest plan with Victoria to influence Frankie is gonna blow up tonight with the rewind button twist. Derrick is getting too cocky and needs to slow down a bit.

I wondered about that too. His undercover manipulations may have been too subtle for this group of HGs.( He should have backdoored Frankie when he had chances weeks ago. Now that Frankie is on a competition winning streak he's unstoppable.)

Because most of the jury HGs think that Frankie is running the house. I think that Derrick may have overplayed himself with some of the jury in trying to 'befriend' them on their way out the door. Derrick was quite willing to let others take credit (getting blood on their hands) for all of the early evictions. He only took credit for Devin's eviction because everybody was scared of Devin and wanted him out. But Devin's not in the jury and won't be voting.

His latest plan with Victoria to influence Frankie is gonna blow up tonight with the rewind button twist. Derrick is getting too cocky and needs to slow down a bit.

You said he is too subtle with the group with his undercover manipulations

You said he is too cocky and and has overplayed and needs to slow down a bit.

Hopefully he can be somewhere in-between