Christine Brecht (Week 10) - nominated, PoV winner (saved herself) + D/E nominated (Juror #6) - EVICTED Sep. 4

Guest 6Borders

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not a Christine fan, but I do think that the booing was not necessary - to me, it makes the audience look bad - I never got Cristine and Cody being so touchy-feely - at all - but that behavior is really between Christine and her husband and Cody and his family - the audience chiming in like that really made the audience look bad, at least to me - as far as Donny's comment - I thought it was funny - what I wonder is whether or not Christine truly did not have any idea why she was booed - Hayden is right - you don't get booed for game moves - as a fan she must have known that - her treatment of Nicole had a lot to do with it as well as did her reactions to Donny - how did she think she would be perceived after that show with Cody?  game or no game play - did she think people would think her very cool for hanging out with the hot guy?  for insulting the older guy?  for betraying her friend?  if so, she was mistaken & badly - but even so, the audience should not have booed - truth be told, they might have made a bigger impact by being absolutely silent... either way, I'm glad she is out -

Personally, I just wouldn't clap for particular houseguests, but I'm cool with others booing as long as name-calling doesn't start to enter into it.  In this case, as pointed out already, the Zingbot's comment was fair forewarning as to how her caresses were being seen outside, and she decided to continue.  *shrug*

All I am saying I don't like Big Brother messing with a person's marriage or promoting Christine as being a cheater.

Marriage is personal and sacred and I believe that Big Brother and the CBS show should not get involved in and should not say things on national TV to put her marriage in a bad light.

I didn't think Donny's comment about a lawyer was nice and I don't think CBS should have put it on the show.

JMO

I wasn't a Christine fan and don't particular care about her private life. What perturbs me about this situation is that Christine and Cody both defined their relationship on multiple occasions. Yet, the people watching the show has decided that they will define the relationship totally opposite of what Christine and Cody defined it as. I never saw Christine and Cody kiss, feel or rub each others privates or say things that would give me the impression that they were in love. I did not see them act differently when they were around people than they did when they were alone. Sure, they rubbed each others arms and stroked each others hair, but if they believe they were acting innocently, why does the public feel the need that they need to be booed and treated like crap. If Christine husband has a problem with what Christine did in the house, let him handle the situation. I really can't understand the people that sit around wishing bad things on other people. 

Hopefully BB will put a stop to the booing. There will be people in the future that wont be as thick skinned as Christine and they will be booed for any and everything, from game play to relationships. That will be bad for the HG and for the game. I don't want people to start worrying about playing the game and how well they will be treated when they leave the house. That will make for boring games because people will not vote out people they perceive as a public favorite. I want people who as ruthless when they need to be. I want one or two Dan's in every season. 

Here here! Well said, joystiick!

Ya I so agree. I don't get why people think that the houseguests have to pay some sort of retribution for such things as touching hands and hair and innocent flirting.  Yes the touching is creepy but nothing happened between the two. I was so disappointed in "nice" Donny for saying that Christine will need a lawyer. That was just out of place for him to say it and for CBS to put it on the show. Think of past seasons where people were having sex for the cameras and CBS ignored it. This season they chose to highlight the shaming of Christine. 

wrong

I totally agree with this too. 

Personally, I just wouldn't clap for particular houseguests, but I'm cool with others booing as long as name-calling doesn't start to enter into it.  In this case, as pointed out already, the Zingbot's comment was fair forewarning as to how her caresses were being seen outside, and she decided to continue.  *shrug*

I agree with you, and Donny had said in the house that he had never seen married people act like some of the house guests so he was keeping it real with his comment about the lawyer.

I dont know guys.  She treated people poorly, and now they are treating her poorly (meaning, the house guests).  I think it was akward when she walked out because the jury members had just convinced Donny to make fun of her laugh (unless I mis understood that) and he did so, and then whammo, she steps out.  One of those moments where everyone was stunned by the irony and felt "caught" making fun of her.

But ultimatly I dont mind the life lesson shown on tv.  You treat people like crap, regardless of your "reason", then expect it in return.  I am pretty careful about my facebook statuses and all that good stuff because I understand that it is being recieved by people who will have a reaction to what I say.  Game or no game, these people feel like she was a mean person.   I dont fault them for having a human reaction to her.

as for her on Cody?  It made me uncomfortable to watch it.  I dont know this girl, I dont know her husband, I dont know anyone she knows and it still made me terribly uncomfortable. I didnt set out to feel that way.  I honestly thought I was going to really like this girl at first.  But the more I saw it, the more I was having a reaction to it.  And CBS had every right to show it, because had they NOT, it would have felt like they were covering for her.  They showed Caleb being a stalker--they showed last seasons HGs being racists.  Why should she be protected?