Dade

John Rocker & Julie McGee

John Rocker & Julie McGee

johnjuliebio.jpg

Name: John Rocker (39)

Tribe Designation: TBD

Relationship to Significant Castaway: Julie’s boyfriend

Current Residence: Atlanta, Ga.

Inspiration in Life: My father. The majority of the values, ethics and moral that have made me who I am and shape me to this today. I learned from watching how he conducted himself. My father passed in 2007 and I still find myself wanting that ability to ask his advice on certain things because his direction was so important to me for many years.

Hobbies: Hunting, fishing and golfing.

Pet Peeves: Rude, lazy, selfish people and traffic.

3 Words to Describe You: Intense, self-motivating and responsible.

If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be? 1) Vodka 2) Toothbrush 3) Razor

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Jeff Kent because we have a similar background as an MLB player. We have a strong understanding of teamwork but are also very driven to attain individual success though Jeff is a bit more subdued than I am.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: To have an extremely unique life experience and to immerse myself in high level competition and like I’ve done my entire life, figure out a way to be the best.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I have world class athletic abilities and leadership skills. I have the ability to read people and morph my personality in a way that lets me mesh with people from all walks of life.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: A relatively significant part of Survivor depends on athletic ability and I spent more than a decade of my life physically competing at the highest level. I still retain much of that physical ability as well as the mental toughness that is required. I also possess a high quality of outdoor survival skills which will be valuable to those around me as well as leadership skills and the ability to influence people and easily make friends.

What Does It Mean to You to Play Survivor with Your Loved One? To me, playing Survivor with my loved one means having the opportunity to engage in a very unique experience together. Life is about creating new experiences which many times can bind individuals together on a more intimate level. I am hoping that Survivor will do this for Julie and me.

Name: Julie McGee (34)

Tribe Designation: TBD

Relationship to Significant Castaway: John’s girlfriend

Current Residence: Atlanta, Ga.

Personal Claim to Fame: Creating my company True Glow Spray Tan.

Inspiration in Life: My mom is my hero. She is my rock. She is supportive to my dreams and is my guiding light. She is a huge inspiration for me because she has been through so many hardships but remains positive and driven for success.

Hobbies: Trips to Vineyards with my closest girlfriends, inventing product ideas, cooking and working out.

Pet Peeves: People that take life too serious, road rage, arrogance and super demanding people.

3 Words to Describe You: Loyal, determined and positive.

If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be? 1) Sunblock 2) Toothbrush 3) Radio

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Colleen Haskell because I think we both are extremely sweet to others around and by this she was able to make allies without being manipulative. Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: The experience and for the possibilities of future Survivor shows. I would love to compete more than once.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I am the most observant person. I’m told by everyone that knows me that I can figure out someone’s state of mind and intentions within minutes. I’ll bring that strong instinct to the game to help my team win.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I am super determined when I put my mind to a task. I am not one to look for help, if I need something, I make it happen. I believe I could be one of the last few on the show.

What Does It Mean to You to Play Survivor with Your Loved One? The game will allow us to use the difficult nature of the experience to dig deeper into our relationship. I know it will be challenging both physically and mentally but I’m happy to be sharing this new journey with John.

CBS.com

As a NY baseball fan, I am rooting for John Rocker to be voted out first. And in my perfect world, his exile island would be the 7 train.

Guest 6Borders

Another pro-athlete & a spray tanner!!!   Done!

what's with her lips

his features look all distorted and magnified

saw a bit of his pppffttttt attitude already

He did pretty good in the immunity challenge using his athletic abilities - it's too bad his tribe didn't win the immunity challenge. They may keep him around because of his physical strength.

I just wonder what he's gonna do now that Wes has recognized him? Is he gonna want Wes out of the game, or is he gonna try to align with him???

Guest 6Borders

Not a baseball fan but DH and the boys all know him...said he was once a jerk, always a jerk!!

His athletic skills will help his tribe so he will probably be around a while!  She can leave any time!

Congrats to Julie for beating John Rocker in the head-to-head reward challenge. That was quite a blow to Rocker's ego to lose to his girlfriend. He had to start over about 3 times, I think - that was entertaining !

I kinda thought Julie was gonna be useless - but she proved herself on her tribe. I'm impressed.

Rocker thought that he could 'muscle' his way through all the challenges, but he even lost to the other Jon in the immunity challenge match up.

The one smart move he made was finding the hidden immunity idol at their camp and not telling anybody about it. Jeremy is gonna be upset with Rocker when he finds out that they voted Val out. Rocker was justified because Val lied about having 2 immunity idols - but Jeremy won't know that.

Next week is gonna be good. Can't wait.

His resume'

Controversial statements[edit]

For a story published in the December 27, 1999 issue of Sports Illustrated, Rocker made a number of allegations stemming from his experiences in New York City and answering a question about whether he would ever play for the New York Yankees or the New York Mets.

I'd retire first. It's the most hectic, nerve-racking city. Imagine having to take the 7 Train to the ballpark looking like you're riding through Beirut next to some kid with purple hair, next to some queer with AIDS, right next to some dude who just got out of jail for the fourth time, right next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids. It's depressing... The biggest thing I don't like about New York are the foreigners. You can walk an entire block in Times Square and not hear anybody speaking EnglishAsians and Koreans and Vietnamese and Indians and Russians and Spanish people and everything up there. How the hell did they get in this country?[4]

Steroid use[edit]

In March 2007, Rocker was implicated in a steroid ring that included Applied Pharmacy of Mobile, Alabama[11]

In December 2011, Rocker readily admitted to using steroids, saying "Yeah, of course I was [using steroids]. I mean who wasn't? Let’s be honest here, who wasn't?"[12]

What an azzhole and seems he has quite a temper.

I agree with him about steroid use.  Unfortunately.  Other than that, he is just awful.  Really, really awful.  I can't imagine spending time with that fool.

Guest 6Borders

I actually like him just slightly better than I like her so far (which is not saying much for either of them).

Dude, WTF!!!! What's a matter, they didn't drop enough hints at TC for you??? Even if you played the idol and did not get voted ot no one would blame you. The writing was on the wall. Was-a-matter, you no speaky enguishhh???

The different looks on Rocker's face was priceless during the various questions Jeff was asking at TC. I thought for a minute that he knew "something's up" and would use his idol. But apparently what i thought was discernment on his part - was just overconfidence.

When Rocker confessed at the reward challenge that he tried to save Val, in front of everybody, I thought, "What are you doing? This is Survivor " you know - Outwit - Out Last - Out Play.

He went home with an idol in his pocket - rookie mistake.

He is a jerk and I would want him gone except.... it would be smarter to keep him. Their tribe is getting small and Rocker would be the #1 target when they merge. They should have kept him for his strength and also keep the target.

Guest 6Borders

As big a jerk as he is I was kind of sorry to see him get voted off because he was good for drama!

He was clearly NOT the leader or mastermind of his tribe.

How embarrassing to go home with an idol in your pocket!

I wonder if he and Julie applied or were recruited!!!

unless I missed it, I did not see Rocker utter one off color remark to anyone or about anyone up until his comment to Natalie – who by the way made her own share of ignorant comments when she and her twinnie were on TAR – pot – meet kettle – having said that, Rocker made an ass of himself with his prior comments, but on Survivor, I did not see it – and yes he should not have said what he did to Natalie, but frankly, she was annoying – not the right response, I know, but someone with a quick temper and a fondness for being ignorant at the drop of a hat would not be able to contain themselves – the tribe maybe should have waited a bit to pull the trigger on Rocker – then again, WITH Rocker they still lost, so who knows - I would like to think that being voted out with an idol in his pocket somehow humbled him, even a bit, but I doubt it - out next - Natalie! -

As big a jerk as he is I was kind of sorry to see him get voted off because he was good for drama!

He was clearly NOT the leader or mastermind of his tribe.

How embarrassing to go home with an idol in your pocket!

I wonder if he and Julie applied or were recruited!!!

Rocker was definitely good for drama, and I will miss that. I just wish he knew how to play the game of Survivor better than he did.

Rocker could have outlasted any of his tribe mates because he is physically strong. But he couldn't outwit his tribemates and got played by Josh who was largely responsible for flipping Wes & Alec's votes at TC.

Guest 6Borders

unless I missed it, I did not see Rocker utter one off color remark to anyone or about anyone up until his comment to Natalie – who by the way made her own share of ignorant comments when she and her twinnie were on TAR – pot – meet kettle – having said that, Rocker made an ass of himself with his prior comments, but on Survivor, I did not see it – and yes he should not have said what he did to Natalie, but frankly, she was annoying – not the right response, I know, but someone with a quick temper and a fondness for being ignorant at the drop of a hat would not be able to contain themselves – the tribe maybe should have waited a bit to pull the trigger on Rocker – then again, WITH Rocker they still lost, so who knows - I would like to think that being voted out with an idol in his pocket somehow humbled him, even a bit, but I doubt it - out next - Natalie! -

No, you didn't miss anything unless I did also and I was thinking the same thing.  Sure he acts like a jerk but they are all judging him on his past, not on anything that happened (at least that we saw on camera) on Survivor.  He's plenty obnoxious without his past.

In fairness to him, he did try to save Val and it was her own fault for bluffing and not telling him she didn't have the idol.

I'm sure everything would have been different if Val had stayed because Jeremy would not have been spouting everything about Rocker's past to the rest of the tribe.

Even when Natalie was behaving like a prime bitch to him he did not call her any names or anything, just displayed the same arrogance he always has.

John Rocker's racist arrogance was 15 years ago. He's still arrogant. Natalie is mad her crazy sister was first to go on the other team. I find Natalie to be insufferable too. Ironically, her rant at Rocker caused the other team to vote out a strong player. I hope when Natalie's team loses she gets cut.

BTW, Natalie and her sister were also on a recent "Hotel Impossible" on Travel Channel.  They both proved themselves to be lazy, trust fund babies, bleeding their parents dry.

Guest 6Borders

BTW, Natalie and her sister were also on a recent "Hotel Impossible" on Travel Channel.  They both proved themselves to be lazy, trust fund babies, bleeding their parents dry.

I'm not surprised!  They are both trash talking little twits!

I was glad to see that Julie had a positive attitude (about her game) when she saw that John R. had been voted out. No more tears in Hero Arena.

Sign in to follow this