Dade

Jeremy Collins & Val Collins

Jeremy Collins & Val Collins

valjeremybio.jpg

Name: Jeremy Collins (36)

Tribe Designation: TBD

Relationship to Significant Castaway: Val’s husband

Current Residence: Foxboro, Mass.

Personal Claim to Fame: I am proud of making it to the professional indoor football league without playing college football.

Inspiration in Life: My mom because she helped raise seven children while my dad worked. I don’t know how she didn’t lose anyone and she fed and put clothes on our backs – not to mention the amount of laundry she had to do.

Hobbies: Basketball, working out, fantasy football and coaching my daughters.

Pet Peeves: One-uppers and know-it-alls.

3 Words to Describe You: Athletic, straight forward and smiley.

If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be? 1) Bracelet from my daughters 2) Pictures of my daughters 3) Picture of my mother

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I always liked JT and James but I think Tyson (the third time he played) is similar to how I would have played.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: The million dollars but I also feel my personality, body type and mind set is perfect for this game.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I will help out around camp gathering wood for fires or shelter and getting coconuts. I will also be a monster at physical challenges.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I believe my whole make up is prime for this game. I don’t need to eat much, I am athletic and I am likeable. I also can make people feel like I like them even if I don’t which will help in blindsides.

What Does It Mean to You to Play Survivor with Your Loved One? Playing with my loved one would be stressful and emotional. I know it is going to be tough out there and I will worry about my wife being hungry, cold and tired.

Name: Val Collins (35)

Tribe Designation: TBD

Relationship to Significant Castaway: Jeremy’s wife

Current Residence: Foxboro, Mass. Occupation: Foxboro Police Officer

Personal Claim to Fame: My family.

Inspiration in Life: My mom who was a single mom working many jobs to support us.

Hobbies: Sports, running, Crossfit and reading.

Pet Peeves: Liars.

3 Words to Describe You: Competitive, loving and loyal.

If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why? 1) Picture of my daughters Jordyn & Camryn to inspire me 2) A lokai bracelet with mud from the Dead Sea to remind me to be hopeful at my lowest point and water from Mt. Everest to remind me to stay hopeful at my highest point. 3) Matching bracelet I share with my kids to feel connected to them

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Monica and Taj.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: Winning!

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I have mental toughness, I’m strong and I’m patient.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I have the mental toughness. I respect the game. You need to respect the game to play it. I know how to play the social game and will pay attention to opponents’ advantages before they realize them and use them as options.

What Does It Mean to You to Play Survivor with Your Loved One? I am excited to play the game with Jeremy but our game will probably be different and that will be hard because I may have to change my game and go against my gut based on his instinct. Playing with a loved one brings emotions to the game right from the beginning. You have to watch their back just as much.

CBS.com

He's more emotional than she is. Thought he was going to throw that first comp for her!

I want to see her pissed off. Bet it's good.

Wow - first challenge right off the bat. Win the comp for your tribe and send your wife to exile island. That's rough.

Val showed her mental toughness and I'm glad that she got a clue for a hidden immunity idol at her camp. I hope she keeps the info to herself and finds the idol. And it doesn't look like they'll form a 'girls alliance' on this tribe.

I like that Jeremy reached out to Keith when he returned from exile island - especially considering that he sent him there to look out for his wife. Maybe they'll be able to bond over their shared occupations.

Guest 6Borders

Definitely one of my favorite teams so far!

I hope they both make it to the merge!

I just hope that Val finds that immunity idol at her camp and keeps that info to herself for a while

After losing Nadia at TC she shouldn''t trust Baylor or Jaclyn.

Val needs to go into "cop" mode and sniff out the rat in the so-called " girls alliance".

Clearly Val ran her mouth too much by telling people that she had 2 idols this early in the game. She should have used her time to actually find just one idol - but she wanted to make "a big move".

Can't wait to see Jeremy's reaction when he finds out that the tribe turned on Val and that John Rocker wasn't able to save her. Next week is gonna be interesting.

Guest 6Borders

What a stupid move on Val's part.  First she says she has two idols and then when John tells her how the vote is going to go down she doesn't come clean to him.  She could have turned it around and saved herself but she bluffed to a tribe that wanted to see the idol flushed out!

I'm sorry she's gone but when you play a boneheaded game on Survivor you need to leave!

I'm glad that Val was able to sniff out the rat in the girls' alliance, but her confrontation with Baylor at TC was unproductive because she had no idol to protect herself. Val knew the girls' alliance was a bust, so I kinda understand her wanting to have something of value to offer- but the lie about 2 idols was just too much.

After talking to John Rocker about the agreement he made with Jeremy on exile island, she seemed to be OK with that. She even shared the info about the hidden immunity idol with Rocker - and she should have left it there and lay low for a while.

But no, she just had to make "a big move" and she overplayed her game with "a big lie" and she has nobody to blame but herself.

From the previews for next week - it appears that Jeremy has 'outed' John Rocker so there maybe some fireworks.

I liked her but how stupid to say you have 2 idols and then even when she knew she was in trouble at tribal she did not say she didn't have ANY idols.

Ya think she just wanted to leave?

Guest 6Borders

I hope Jeremy feels like an a$$ when he finds out what really happened with Val.

I kinda like this guy. I don't know why yet.

Jeremy seems to be playing with a lot of emotions - and I hope he gets his game back on track. As Natalie said the Hunapu tribe is a "hot mess"

I kinda feel for Jeremy because (from his perspective) he got burned trying to work with John Rocker on Val's tribe. And he got burned by Keith - on his own tribe. Ouch!

From his confessionals he's already said his male tribemates are kinda stupid and or dumb re: playing Survivor.

At tribal, Jeff pushed Jeremy's buttons with his questions and Jeremy was so upset he outs the "super-secret Firemen's Alliance sub-Alliance" and Keith's betrayal. Now the girls (who are aligned with Jeremy) are not gonna trust Keith. Jon was so 'confused' he actually voted for Keith.

Since the "Drop your buffs" preview teased some type of tribal re-alignment coming. I hope that Jeremy can maintain his 'girls' alliance with at lest Natalie & Kelly because those girls are physically strong players and I think they can go far together. Julie & Missy can go to the other tribe.

Jeremy is too emotional for his own good. He married Val which says much to me about him.  I did not like her.  Huge chip.  

Guest 6Borders

Jeremy needs to learn to control his emotions and his mouth or he's going to find his torch snuffed!

Team Jeremy

Not sure why but something about him I like. He is not really good at the game but I just can't find anyone else that I like this season.

Still rooting for Jeremy. He is a long shot but he has personality and grit. 

Tired of all the other boring slugs in this season. 

Sign in to follow this