Donny Thompson (Week 9) - nominated + Team America (Juror #4) - EVICTED Aug. 28

Tritledee

I don't mind grown men crying over losing reality game shows, football games or women, as long as it is only once. When the person cries it shows that they were hurt because they cared. However, his interview did show his lack of understanding of the game when Julie asked him why didn't he try to stay up later and bond with the other players. His answer and his attitude spoke volumes to me. To say that it would not have made a difference tells me that he still did not understand how much big brother is played after midnight. His attitude also indicated that he resented the younger players for not looking up to him and taking his advice. He did not feel he needed to go to the other players and have a bunch of meaningless fluff conversations with them in order for them to trust and work with him. He believes everyone thinks like him and should view the game like him. But it just doesn't work that way. He needed to get out there and try to find the things that he an other players might have in common. In my opinion, he just did not put in the work and would have been better off staying home and watching BB on TV. 

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind grown men crying over losing reality game shows, football games or women, as long as it is only once. When the person cries it shows that they were hurt because they cared. However, his interview did show his lack of understanding of the game when Julie asked him why didn't he try to stay up later and bond with the other players. His answer and his attitude spoke volumes to me. To say that it would not have made a difference tells me that he still did not understand how much big brother is played after midnight. His attitude also indicated that he resented the younger players for not looking up to him and taking his advice. He did not feel he needed to go to the other players and have a bunch of meaningless fluff conversations with them in order for them to trust and work with him. He believes everyone thinks like him and should view the game like him. But it just doesn't work that way. He needed to get out there and try to find the things that he an other players might have in common. In my opinion, he just did not put in the work and would have been better off staying home and watching BB on TV. 

In short, he didn't want to have to try.  He usually gets along with people and that should have been enough, as far as he is concerned.  Well it isn't.  Supposedly he is a fan of the game, so I am completely at a loss as to why he didn't think working on building relationships was important.  If he said he never watch the game before, I would understand, but as it stands, I don't get it. 

I feel Donny knew he was out of his element the first week. 

I'm sure it felt a lot longer than 2 months to him.... and was a very lonely man.

I'll actually give him credit for hanging in there trying to win Comps and staying as long as he could.

Others have been on the Block and went WHACKO .... but,  he kept his cool each time, knowing there was NO WAY

he would be able to penetrate "the chosen ones"... and their plan to eliminate anyone outside their group.

Shame he missed a summer with his family, friends and girlfriend.... but, he'll have lots to talk about in years to come.

Why do women get a pass on tears but not men? Donny cries more than some men and less than others "shrugs" and it doesn't matter to me. Donny was never my favorite player although I'm pretty sure I'd rather sit around chatting with him than Caleb or Nicole (her voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard.) He'll be happier in jury house than he ever was in BB house.

I agree its really weird to cry about a stupid  BB show.

How much does 2nd place BB pay ? I read a soap  pays guest stars  $ 913 per day and Donny really is no star. I bet it ain't much.

I might be wrong, but I'm thinking that an "extra" on a TV drama show who is on screen for 5 minutes and has 5 lines or less gets SAG minimum: about $150

https://sites.google.com/site/tommythompson02/

I just saw this posted and apologize if it's been posted before. This is a message from Donny's brother about the gofundme money.

Thank you for posting that. I hadn't seen it.

Awesome letter by Donny's brother. Just as many of us said on here, he would be insulted by this ridiculous gofundme thing. He definitely will be hurt to know that his family is being treated that way.

Donny's exit interview with Jeff....If you didn't know him during the game, you sure will get to know him now.  Scroll to very bottom of the blog and play the last pic  :)

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/news/1003055/

Awesome! I really enjoyed that. It certainly accentuated that Donny is, as my husband puts it, "good people". Thx.

I am Donny Thompson's brother and I want to thank everyone on the forum or message board that understands how Donny's family feels. The people at that Dollars 4 Donny website are bullies. They have been treating Donny's entire family like Derrick and his followers have treated Donny in that BB house. They will not allow any family member to post a comment on that site (it gets deleted within minutes). I even had my teacher colleagues to use their Facebook account to post on behalf of our family and not only were their messages removed they received some very hateful emails.

I do not know how to stop this group from bullying us. I reported the website as a scam; however, they must have someone with a lot of pull because no one can or will shut them down. I don't have any social media accounts so I am very limited on spreading my message out to others. On behalf of Donny and his family, does anyone on this site know of a way that I can shut this site down before Donny gets home? Donny has a lot of southern pride and when he finds out that these people thought of him as a charity case and they bullied his family, it will upset him. He's been under enough stress and pressure from that BB house, he doesn't need to come home to find additional stress.

I enjoy reading your comments on this site because it seems that you all understand what we are going through. You will never know how good that makes me feel.  

Tommy Thompson

Donny's Big Brother

http://tinyurl.com/pxdfeta

For those who doubt that I am really Donny's brother. I have shared my personal photos of the day they did the package on Donny's family (my family).

http://tinyurl.com/nmszr3h  

I am Donny Thompson's brother and I want to thank everyone on the forum or message board that understands how Donny's family feels. The people at that Dollars 4 Donny website are bullies. They have been treating Donny's entire family like Derrick and his followers have treated Donny in that BB house. They will not allow any family member to post a comment on that site (it gets deleted within minutes). I even had my teacher colleagues to use their Facebook account to post on behalf of our family and not only were their messages removed they received some very hateful emails.

I do not know how to stop this group from bullying us. I reported the website as a scam; however, they must have someone with a lot of pull because no one can or will shut them down. I don't have any social media accounts so I am very limited on spreading my message out to others. On behalf of Donny and his family, does anyone on this site know of a way that I can shut this site down before Donny gets home? Donny has a lot of southern pride and when he finds out that these people thought of him as a charity case and they bullied his family, it will upset him. He's been under enough stress and pressure from that BB house, he doesn't need to come home to find additional stress.

I enjoy reading your comments on this site because it seems that you all understand what we are going through. You will never know how good that makes me feel.  

Tommy Thompson

Donny's Big Brother,

For those who doubt that I am really Donny's brother. I have shared my personal photos of the day they did the package on Donny's family (my family).

I want to believe that the originators of the gofundme thing had good intentions. It sounds like they just didn't think it through.

I just checked the site and I see that there are relatively few donations. I think that most people really did get the message that Donny's family has tried to convey.  We don't consider Donny a charity case. Personally, I admire him for the way he conducted himself on BB, and also for the way he lives his life. As I said earlier, he's "good people".

Donny might be one of (if not the only) true winners this season. He'll go home to his girlfriend with a decent paycheck from BB and will no doubt get his old job back - - a job he seems to really like. He's earned the respect of a lot of people and he'll keep that in perspective. He'll live happily ever after with many fun stories to share with his grandchildren.

Tommy Thompson

Donny's Big Brother

Just me but I am a little suspicious of this post. Both those links are to public sights. Why would someone as intelligent as Tommy Thompson come to a website complaining about bullies and asking US if we know how to shut down the site? And why would his brother call Derrick followers bullies? What is the point in saying that? I have seen the same wording on the Internet posted by some of Donny's fans. Almost exact words. but not posting as Tommy. 

Just me but I am a little suspicious of this post. Both those links are to public sights. Why would someone as intelligent as Tommy Thompson come to a website complaining about bullies and asking US if we know how to shut down the site? And why would his brother call Derrick followers bullies? What is the point in saying that? I have seen the same wording on the Internet posted by some of Donny's fans. Almost exact words. but not posting as Tommy. 

It does appear to be a little shady. Singling out Derrick's followers is odd.

It takes a pretty pathetic person to attempt to impersonate someone like that.

Some people just get a little bit too invested in this reality tv stuff.

They just need to know there's OTHER Donny gushers out there.

Oh he's sooooooooooo nice.

Oh he was the besttttttttttttttttt.

Oh we loved himmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Nice with an ego. " I have a big heart ". lol

Regardless, a post such as this would be no more appreciated than a go-fund for him BY him.

People will respond just per chance they get to talk to a reality persons relative. < insert Mr Rogers voice > Makes them feel special. VwV

OK... It seems like Donny is just a 'down-home' nice guy who happened to be a BIG fan of BB.

He gets picked to play the game by TPTB and finds he doesn't really fit in with a younger crowd and

plods thru day after day of the BB experience.  He wins his share of Comps and avoids being

evicted time after time.  Then the  chosen 'IN' crowd finally gets him out.

After living thru 70 some days of 'less than Ideal' BB life.... he might go home to some bull-crap

that 'so-called-fans have stirred up.

I'm betting that Donny is actually expecting there will be some negative 'stuff' to deal with when he gets home and he'll deal with it.

AND if part of it is that $$'s  were collected ... I'm sure he'll probably donate them to some local cause (or - maybe not).

He'll walk away from this experience with having lived his dream of being in the BB House - and - possibly even more

added perks.

His experiences when returning to the OUTSIDE world will be a lot more positive than most of the other HGs this season.

(and SO WHAT if the guy shed a tear or two when he got evicted ?  They were probably 50% tears of relief)

OK... It seems like Donny is just a 'down-home' nice guy who happened to be a BIG fan of BB.

He gets picked to play the game by TPTB and finds he doesn't really fit in with a younger crowd and

plods thru day after day of the BB experience.  He wins his share of Comps and avoids being

evicted time after time.  Then the  chosen 'IN' crowd finally gets him out.

After living thru 70 some days of 'less than Ideal' BB life.... he might go home to some bull-crap

that 'so-called-fans have stirred up.

I'm betting that Donny is actually expecting there will be some negative 'stuff' to deal with when he gets home and he'll deal with it.

AND if part of it is that $$'s  were collected ... I'm sure he'll probably donate them to some local cause (or - maybe not).

He'll walk away from this experience with having lived his dream of being in the BB House - and - possibly even more

added perks.

His experiences when returning to the OUTSIDE world will be a lot more positive than most of the other HGs this season.

(and SO WHAT if the guy shed a tear or two when he got evicted ?  They were probably 50% tears of relief)

Great assessment, Slowpoke.

Some people leave BB basically unemployable for quite a length of time. After taxes, $500K is not going to be sufficient to live off of forever. I wonder how many winners of these types of things ultimately come to the conclusion that it really wasn't worth it in the long run to basically sell your soul for money.

Donny left the house with the same integrity that he had when he went in. He'll be just fine.