Donny Thompson (Week 9) - nominated + Team America (Juror #4) - EVICTED Aug. 28

Tritledee

Are you possibly telling me that Snaps is not Ginger's real last name?  Cruz is not my real last name.  People do call me slim because I am tall and........

I was stalked from revealing scant personal info about myself online.  I am so not in to that.  Sorry.

Oh I understand. I just have lots of family/friends and co-workers as my friends on Facebook. I have some forever friends from here and from the dog groups I used to belong to.

At least here there are no last names.

Back to Donny -  It is not over until the fat lady sings. (right uvp?)  If he does go then I think he will really enjoy the jury house. I just think he is so miserable in the BB house.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.   Donny played a game that he could be proud of, given that he was competing against people substantially younger than he, even if some were throwing competitions.  He should now rest in the jury house, lay back and enjoy the amenities there.  

While some think Donny is boring, I'd rather listen to him and his jokes over listening to any other person left in the house.

As for Donny's game play, he is a very strong competitor otherwise he would not have been able to save himself multiple times. He is a stronger player than Derrick, Caleb or Frankie. He is definitely stronger and more competitive than either Creepy Cheating Christine or Lazy Victoria. Watching the rest of the players bores me to death and their paranoia about Donny's real life is so ridiculous it isn't even entertaining.

I was hoping that after last seasons house of horrors, this season would be worth watching. Now that Zach is gone and taken his manic manipulations with him, once Donny & Nicole are gone, the show might as well be over. The only reason I will catch any of the finale is to see if Donny honestly wins AF. I could care less which hg wins the finale and can only hope that Creepy's hubby stays away. She is so transparent with her pawing of Cody, her hubby would be crazy to think it was only a ploy to win the money. She has no chance in hell of winning. After Victoria, she is the next expendable thing in the house.

I'm very happy that Donny is the one player that can leave the house with his head held high. He is so aware of everything else in the house and between his knowledge and Nicole's, they should be able to make the right decision regarding the winner.

We are following BB on Morty's this year because the antics in the house are not worth our time. We had hoped that the producers would wisen up after last year's disgusting McCranda debacle, but apparently, they don't give a damn about the viewer's opinions. To continue to disregard the viewer's input, to continue to "fix/rig" comps and put such disgusting people in the house such as Frankie, just shows that our valuable time can be better spent on other viewing options.

This is going around the Internet - I would not advise anyone to donate because there is no proof that this is legit. I say for fans to start a FAN PAGE instead.

http://www.gofundme.com/dhkyh8

Dollars for Donny

2018791_1408913734.8239.jpg

There is also a rally started to flood CBS with calls asking for a refund on the feeds after Donny leaves.

This is going around the Internet - I would not advise anyone to donate because there is no proof that this is legit. I say for fans to start a FAN PAGE instead.

http://www.gofundme.com/dhkyh8

Dollars for Donny

2018791_1408913734.8239.jpg

There is also a rally started to flood CBS with calls asking for a refund on the feeds after Donny leaves.

I doubt that Donny would want to be considered a charity case of any sort. I guess I don't understand the point of this gofundme thing for him. He apparently lives a humble life, and I suspect that he's comfortable with that. I read somewhere that he was proud of the fact that he paid cash for his house.  He's able-bodied and it sounds like he has a good work ethic. He has proven that he's intelligent.  I think he's going to do just fine after this is over without having charity dollars thrown at him.

Winning the big prize on BB is a lot different than getting money because people feel sorry for you because of whatever assumptions they might have.  There's even a possibility that it would embarrass him.  JMO

It's been a thousand and one years since I've posted, but I've been always lurking and reading. ;-)  

Anyway, the husband and I were doing dishes, cleaning up from dinner, etc last night and the television was on that truTV channel.   We both swore we heard Donny talking, glance over to the tv and thought what is Donny doing on this show, went to sit down and see what show it was and realized it wasn't Donny (at least we're fairly certain it's not lmao!!)  I can't find a useable clip of the episode (truTV's Top Funniest--episode Frolics and Follies)  If you can get this to play, it's the first clip---public access television with the kung fu master :-)  I swear their voices/tone/accents are identical! 

http://www.trutv.com/shows/trutv-top-funniest/full-episodes.html

Guest 6Borders

That's just crazy.  (I didn't even open the link because it might have a virus or something, and I would not contribute anyway).

I agree I think Donny would be embarassed.  I'm sure he will get his job back (which has benefits), because, in the 2nd place, I can't see any employer risking the wrath of the fans to not do so, and in the 1st place I doubt there is any reason regarding his job performance he would not get it back.

He seems to have a comfortable life, good support from family and friends, a nice girlfriend, and the consenses from his family and loved ones is that Donny will just go back to being Donny.  He's a huge fan of BB and wanted the experience of a lifetime to play the game, does not seem to have any designs on an acting career or anything unlike 99% of the HG's.  I'm sure any one of us would benefit from 500K, 50K, 25K (for Amer Fav) or just the $15K (Team America) and stipend.  Donny will be happy with the way he's played and whatever monies he gets!

I'm sure Grodner would invite him back for Dull Stars, but I don't know if he would want to come back again!

I'd still invite Donny and his GF over for dinner before he leaves California just because he's someone I would like to hang out with.

Donny is ill-equipped to be a contestant on Big Brother.  The beard was a gamble and a mistake and set him apart right-off with that particular group of people.  Through his own initiative and skill set and luck and whatever else you want to toss in the pot, he has managed to stay longer in the house than the majority of those persons in the house with him wished him to stay - for whatever reason.  He has also managed to make a few bucks and might be offered a spot on Amazing Race which would be perfect for donny, imo.  I like donny okay and I think that the only factor that might keep him from being evicted is his internet popularity.  CBS does not take that stuff lightly, as we know.

I am fine if donny goes.  Season 16 is not a favorite of mine and so I am only curious to see if they pull donny from the fire.

Count me in with the folks who think a Donation for Donny would embarrass him.

Instead of sending $$'s... vote a whole bunch of times for America's Fav HG.

... I'm going to be sooo pi$$ed if Frankie wins that

Donny will have a wonderful life outside the Big Brother house.

He has a beautiful loving family that he is very close to. He has a beautiful girlfriend and they seem to adore each other.

He has a house he paid cash for and he owns a second home.

He has a really good job for the school district (state job) with wonderful benefits.

He will leave the house with some good $$$

I just hate to see how unhappy he has been in the house and hoping he has a better time in the jury just chillin

Count me in with the folks who think a Donation for Donny would embarrass him.

Instead of sending $$'s... vote a whole bunch of times for America's Fav HG.

... I'm going to be sooo pi$$ed if Frankie wins that

What moron WOULD?

Been awhile since I've posted on Mortys! But I came in to say while I would love to see Donny make it to the end, I know there's a 99% chance he's going out the door this week. I was really hoping he would win that HoH comp, the editing of the show up to that point actually made it seem as if he might pull out another insurmountable win, but nah, let's let Cody win instead. 

Donny definitely has my vote as AF. He's from my state, and I just like the guy. But I think he's really met his match in this group of competitors. 

I agree that he'd prefer America's Favourite Player.  At my school district, he would NOT get his job back if he wasn't able to qualify for a leave of absence, no matter how well liked he is.  It's a union job that would already be posted and filled.   Hope it's different in his case.  

I agree that he'd prefer America's Favourite Player.  At my school district, he would NOT get his job back if he wasn't able to qualify for a leave of absence, no matter how well liked he is.  It's a union job that would already be posted and filled.   Hope it's different in his case.  

Regardless, he made the choice to leave.

There are leave of absences given at slow times (summer) for the school district. My brother took the summer off working in janitorial because he wanted to travel and got his union job back.

The City I worked for for 30 years gave people time off for personal reasons as long as it was approved by the City Manager.

Derrick works for the City and his job is waiting for him when he comes back.

In NC, the students just returned to school. I would think that his school district should have been reduced to a minimum crew for the summer, so I would think he should have been able to get a leave of absence for the summer. Then for the school year, he would be asking for about a years worth or less of vacation days to make it to the end of BB. I don't see why he would not have been able to get the school system to approve that absence, unless he went in and said that he needed the time off but he could not give them any reason why he needed the time. In the end, I think it is basically in the employer's hands whether or not they are willing to hold your job for you. 

Guest 6Borders

I believe Donny said his is a state job but he's hired and paid by his county, so I doubt there is a union involved.  I also doubt Donny is an idiot and was not putting all his eggs in the BB basket thinking he would actually win 500K (after all he graduated from Harvard Medical School, after retiring from the Navy Seals and in his spare time teaches rocket science) so I would bet his job is waiting for him.  Temporary and stipend positions are offered/filled all the time, especially seasonal!

"I quit my job to be on BB" is nothing new on BB.  Every season 1/3 of the cast whine about it, hoping for sympathy.   Eric (BB3) was a firefighter.  He returned to his job but was on "probation" for being on BB (there was some {conduct unbecoming} behavior between him and Lisa) but he didn't lose his job. Very few of the HG's have "real jobs" (aka 40hr week/same place) to go back to. They drift from bar to bar, to seasonal stock clerk at KMart, to whatever modeling assignment comes up next (which is why the show casts so many of these idiots...they are the only ones really able to give up 90-100 days)!!

I'm sure Donny will be just fine!  He's proabably more financially secure than a lot of people all across the country.