BB16 General Discussion - part 2 (non-houseguest-specific)

Marty

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 6Borders

We'll here comes another crappy week.

Yep, unless Donny or Nicole get the POV or a special power!

This will just be another week of the mean kids sitting around seeing who can top whom with a nasty speech to either Donny or Nicole.  Honestly, this is the most :kindergarden brat bunch"!

Yep, unless Donny or Nicole get the POV or a special power!

This will just be another week of the mean kids sitting around seeing who can top whom with a nasty speech to either Donny or Nicole.  Honestly, this is the most :kindergarden brat bunch"!

I'd say it's about time for a Diamond Power of Veto to make a showing.

Some times I wonder why they pick some of the cast they pick for this show. These people are boring... the only "Excitement" Was/is Frankie and his "Famous" sister, and then Zach... Who was bland at first then got some pep in his step. Now don't get me wrong, I love Nicole, Hayden, Donny, Jocasta, Zach and Derrick. But come on, these people are not exciting to watch. Having most of the house in one alliance makes it so boring.

Wow, Derrick is showing his true side with wanting Cody to say mean things to Donny upon noms. These guys are terrible. I deleted the after dark without watching due to the d5 celebrating. So sick of the same ole same ole.

Derrick has shown his true colors a few times this season, but his fanbase seems to either overlook this middleschool mean girl behavior or enjoy it. 

Some times I wonder why they pick some of the cast they pick for this show. These people are boring... the only "Excitement" Was/is Frankie and his "Famous" sister, and then Zach... Who was bland at first then got some pep in his step. Now don't get me wrong, I love Nicole, Hayden, Donny, Jocasta, Zach and Derrick. But come on, these people are not exciting to watch. Having most of the house in one alliance makes it so boring.

Producers have to appeal to a wide fan base.

People who like evil and spirited players. ( I love the rawness of human nature myself )

People who need to see someone their age or color. ( they'll cheer them on even if they suck )

People with the need to see goody goody better than thou players. ( they suffer from Mary Poppins syndrome ). 

Shy, bible thumpers, Goth, bumpkin, singles.... it's almost endless. 

Donny acts like the other house guest are below him. When he tells Cody think of what your family will think of you if you put me up. He did great at Vetos but just sitting and not socializing all season, making remarks about these youngins, ( he is only 42) and his temper and comments have been really mean. Just because he is alone makes him loved by everyone... I think he is someone I would not like and the houseguests were always nice to him until he started running to each of them talking about the others. At least thepast older houseguests talked to everyone.

Donny acts like the other house guest are below him. When he tells Cody think of what your family will think of you if you put me up. He did great at Vetos but just sitting and not socializing all season, making remarks about these youngins, ( he is only 42) and his temper and comments have been really mean. Just because he is alone makes him loved by everyone... I think he is someone I would not like and the houseguests were always nice to him until he started running to each of them talking about the others. At least thepast older houseguests talked to everyone.

Now that's funny... thanks for the chuckle.

Producers have to appeal to a wide fan base.

People who like evil and spirited players. ( I love the rawness of human nature myself )

People who need to see someone their age or color. ( they'll cheer them on even if they suck )

People with the need to see goody goody better than thou players. ( they suffer from Mary Poppins syndrome ). 

Shy, bible thumpers, Goth, bumpkin, singles.... it's almost endless. 

Yep they are trying to make it so the maximum number of people have someone to relate to, at least in theory.  I think this hurts casting, because potentially better players will get passed over because they need someone for the <insert type> spot. 

I would love to see a season with the most hard core Type A people they could find, regardless of age, gender, etc.  It would be savage.  :maleficent: But I know there would be tons of people who would freak out over that.

America LOVES their "nice" underdog apparently, regardless of how good they actually are at playing the game.  Donny is perceived as this big victim and that is appealing I guess.

Yep they are trying to make it so the maximum number of people have someone to relate to, at least in theory.  I think this hurts casting, because potentially better players will get passed over because they need someone for the <insert type> spot. 

I would love to see a season with the most hard core Type A people they could find, regardless of age, gender, etc.  It would be savage.  :maleficent: But I know there would be tons of people who would freak out over that.

America LOVES their "nice" underdog apparently, regardless of how good they actually are at playing the game.  Donny is perceived as this big victim and that is appealing I guess.

If you put all Type A personalities in the BBH you'd have a SHOW.

And all the whiney type B viewers would flood the boards with...

omgosh they're sooooo mean. i'm going to cancel my feedsssss. I refuse to watchhhh. blah blah blah

GOOD! Go watch reruns of Little House on the fecking Prairie! BYE! 

If you put all Type A personalities in the BBH you'd have a SHOW.

And all the whiney type B viewers would flood the boards with...

omgosh they're sooooo mean. i'm going to cancel my feedsssss. I refuse to watchhhh. blah blah blah

GOOD! Go watch reruns of Little House on the fecking Prairie! BYE! 

I KNOW!!

I'd bet they still would watch and they whine non-stop anyway, sooooooooo.  ;)

Is it just me but isn't annoying that one group stays in control, there is no give and take. Plus they are so paranoid they think the weaker houseguests are "threats" Then they spend 90 percent of their time trash talking people who haven't even threatened them. They seem more and more paranoid. I can't wait till they get out the house and find out they are the least liked in the house according to polls.

I think that maybe production has let them know how boring they are with the nicey nicey stuff. I think the house is trying to dial up the nasty a notch.

Each season this game has the potential to be interesting because when played well it requires a mix of intellect, social skills, emotional maturity, and physical ability. When none of that is present, 7th grade behaviors fill the void. In that case, all we get is another version of mean-girls.

BB casting knows it's audience and exploits the societal trends for ratings. It knows that there has been a growing group that is essentially broken and responds best to raw nastiness, so it feeds them raw meat... the problem is that their systems aren't able to accept anything more refined than 'Me Tarzan, you Jane... Whack!!!'

BB casting understands that for those whose development is stuck in middleschool, childish behaviors are just what the doctor ordered so BB casting fills that bill. Sadly, year by year, this show becomes less and less about gameplay and more and more about meanness, cattiness, and  'Me like Jane... Whack!!!' For everyone else BB fails to deliver once again.

This game would be interesting if there were actual instances of true strategizing, but Derrick and crew are very blunt instruments, so bullying, nastiness, nonsensical declarations of 'hate' for a person they've never taken the opportunity to know, rampant paranoia, shunning outcasts, and the childish vilification of the soon to be evicted fills our screens instead.

How many times have we seen someone say something mean-spirited just for the attention it brings them. It's as if when they aren't saying something they think will get under someone else's skin, they feel a void. How sad these people must be on the inside. The truth is, I pity them. Imagine needing life's lowest common denominator in behavior in order to get from one day to another. So, what do we get... Bread and Circus.

It isn't the nicey nicey that makes the game boring for many, it's the lack of any real intrigue. In the absence of interesting play, nastiness steps in, but nasty is a poor substitute for gameplay.  

I KNOW!!

I'd bet they still would watch and they whine non-stop anyway, sooooooooo.  ;)

I totally agree.  After 16 years they don't understand.  It is challenging and you have to be mentally and physically ready to do what it takes to stay in the game.  If you are not a strong person you should not be in that house.  And it is for $500,000.00 dollars.  It isn't "lets make a friend."  

I totally agree.  After 16 years they don't understand.  It is challenging and you have to be mentally and physically ready to do what it takes to stay in the game.  If you are not a strong person you should not be in that house.  And it is for $500,000.00 dollars.  It isn't "lets make a friend."  

*like*

1557439_10203730614999566_24163470212208

Life after Big Brother -

Think of how sad our world will be if Big Brother one day doesn't get renewed and ends. I don't care if I like or dislike these people as long as I get to watch them for 80 days go bonkers in the BB house. Good or bad I have been hooked for 16 seasons.

Me too, fred   :)