BB16 General Discussion - part 2 (non-houseguest-specific)

Marty

Look, I understand peoples frustration and everything. In 15 seasons of BB, my chosen favorite has never won BB. But, I don't watch just to see my favorite win. I enjoy the game play of all the players (Jordan and Dick excluded). I like to see the brilliant moves and the colossal screw-ups. I like the people who take charge from the start of the game and the players who strategically float through the game. My enjoyment is not tied to whether my favorite makes it to the end. If they get voted out I pick a different person that seem to always get voted out. But, I stick around and watch the whole season.

I guess people will quit watching because Donny gets voted out. That is their choice. But let's be honest, Donny has not played a game that is worthy of winning. I am sorry, but Donny's game has been on the lower side of average this year. I like Donny, but I also like it when good players win BB. I personally believe Derrick is an average player, but he is playing head and shoulders above his competition. He deserves to win. Whether he will or not is yet to be seen.  

I don't think anybody foresaw an eight person alliance being formed less than a week into the season, but this season still could have been different if the other players would have banded together and won 2 out of the first 5 HOH's. We would be looking at a totally different game. But even after the BS was exposed, Nicole still told Christine everything. The majority of the BS has been on cruise control all year but you can't blame them when no one has done anything to challenge them. The fact of the matter, the only BS members that was voted was voted out because the BS chose them to be voted out. The other side of the house hasn't done diddly all season. So what, Donny should win because he was the best of the scrubs. C'mon now.  

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, I understand peoples frustration and everything. In 15 seasons of BB, my chosen favorite has never won BB. But, I don't watch just to see my favorite win. I enjoy the game play of all the players (Jordan and Dick excluded). I like to see the brilliant moves and the colossal screw-ups. I like the people who take charge from the start of the game and the players who strategically float through the game. My enjoyment is not tied to whether my favorite makes it to the end. If they get voted out I pick a different person that seem to always get voted out. But, I stick around and watch the whole season.

I guess people will quit watching because Donny gets voted out. That is their choice. But let's be honest, Donny has not played a game that is worthy of winning. I am sorry, but Donny's game has been on the lower side of average this year. I like Donny, but I also like it when good players win BB. I personally believe Derrick is an average player, but he is playing head and shoulders above his competition. He deserves to win. Whether he will or not is yet to be seen.  

I don't think anybody foresaw an eight person alliance being formed less than a week into the season, but this season still could have been different if the other players would have banded together and won 2 out of the first 5 HOH's. We would be looking at a totally different game. But even after the BS was exposed, Nicole still told Christine everything. The majority of the BS has been on cruise control all year but you can't blame them when no one has done anything to challenge them. The fact of the matter, the only BS members that was voted was voted out because the BS chose them to be voted out. The other side of the house hasn't done diddly all season. So what, Donny should win because he was the best of the scrubs. C'mon now.  

Agree. I will get pissed and frustrated when someone I like gets the boot but that is part of the game. Rarely has someone I liked won this game. But that doesn't stop me from enjoying the game. There is always the hope of seeing the one you really don't like get kicked to the curb by their loyal alliance (cough-Christine-cough).

One other problem on top of the eight person alliance was the women that they cast. What a bunch of useless players they have been. That time in the first week when Joey talked about the women forming an alliance...you would have thought she had told them they should spend their whole time in the house naked. I always find it disturbing when women on these shows (Survivor, too) will trust the men but rarely the women.

Agree. I will get pissed and frustrated when someone I like gets the boot but that is part of the game. Rarely has someone I liked won this game. But that doesn't stop me from enjoying the game. There is always the hope of seeing the one you really don't like get kicked to the curb by their loyal alliance (cough-Christine-cough).

One other problem on top of the eight person alliance was the women that they cast. What a bunch of useless players they have been. That time in the first week when Joey talked about the women forming an alliance...you would have thought she had told them they should spend their whole time in the house naked. I always find it disturbing when women on these shows (Survivor, too) will trust the men but rarely the women.

Yeah, it was like Joey said "I got herpes, who want some?"

To be honest if a post is more than a brief paragraph long I skip the post. 

Got the jist tho.

No reality game show can ever be what it once was because it's all BEEN THERE DONE THAT and that's that.

I watch. I move on. It's TV. 

Wow butterflies fly out of Donny's butt wow I must have missed that. LOL.  It is what it is your right but the fact that I don't enjoy watching a show that is the same crap just different week then its time I find something else to watch. This group in my opinion have all played a sub-par game.  Derrick is no great player he has played well for this season of clueless people or if they have a clue they do nothing about it so he should win the season.  This will not change between now and Sept 24th.  If anything exciting starts happening I might tune in to see the stupid alliance turn on each other but probably not before.  I can read updates and save myself an hour of TV.  LOL.  The reason that I love this site is because we are watching the same game and we all have different opinions on what we see. Its interesting.

I am getting where I don't want to read them at all. It's the same ole same ole. I hate Frankie and butterflies fly out of Donnys butt.

It's the long winded analytical posts a few feel the need to indulge in over and over. Not anyone I'd stay in a room with. You'd leave and they's still keep talking.

That is what as intrigued me about Morty's since season 1 when I was a peeper :)  I too really love the fact that we are all watching the show, the feeds and reading forums, yet everyone has a different perspective of it.  The game truly is a study of human nature, both in the program and on the web :)

Last night I watched several episodes of Dick@Nite While I hated the guy as a player, I really like him on his show. He's got some great insight along with past season's HG's.as well as not pulling many punches. Although I watched the episode where he had Rachel and Elisa on, Rachel is such a CBS tool that he really had to dumb down for her. And Elisa kept wandering off camera, just like she played the game last year, pretty much completely clueless lol

It's the long winded analytical posts a few feel the need to indulge in over and over. Not anyone I'd stay in a room with. You'd leave and they's still keep talking.

I know.  Although nothing beats the racism lectures from last year.  :kid:

I am getting where I don't want to read them at all. It's the same ole same ole. I hate Frankie and butterflies fly out of Donnys butt.

I read somewhere that he is a vessel for angels.  For real.  :laugh4:

That is what as intrigued me about Morty's since season 1 when I was a peeper :)  I too really love the fact that we are all watching the show, the feeds and reading forums, yet everyone has a different perspective of it.  The game truly is a study of human nature, both in the program and on the web :)

Sista remember Season 8? OMG that was cwaaaaaaaaaaaazy.

This season is boring for the most part because they are all so friggin nice and the hugging, humping, kissing and unicorn farts are not what I like in Big Brother.

I miss the big personalities and the fights and trash talking each other.... the good ole' days.

Sista remember Season 8? OMG that was cwaaaaaaaaaaaazy.

This season is boring for the most part because they are all so friggin nice and the hugging, humping, kissing and unicorn farts are not what I like in Big Brother.

I miss the big personalities and the fights and trash talking each other.... the good ole' days.

I think in the beginning, people were afraid to tell Frankie to quit hugging and humping on them for fear of being targeted. Plus, you had people like Zach that did not mind him doing it. Now, I think the people are just used to it and doesn't say anything but I can tell they are somewhat irritated by it. Personally, if I am not sleeping with you or trying to sleep with you, I don't want you hugging and kissing on me. Male or female. 

I do miss the fights. I still remember old Gerry talking smack in BB3. 

Guest 6Borders

I still think the season is too dang long and too many people in the house.  I would like them to go back to open audition/tapes and forget recruiting these idiots who never even saw/heard of the show, and these "fluffs" like Victoria and Amber.

Put in a couple Dr. Will's, a couple Dan's, a Danielle (Season 3), a few Janelle's, toss in a couple of Derrick's and Ian's, an Evel Dick type and a Frankie type (with no famous sister) and even a Rachel (sans Brendon).   Leave out actors and professional sports people!

Forget all this nice crap ("I'm telling them they are leaving so they can wear their really nice dress"...should be a BB rule against that one!) and make them really earn the HOH, POV and any other stuff.

Guest 6Borders

Something going on in the house. Feeds are off and we have Jeff and highlights -

What do you think?

How long have they been off??? (I don't turn mine on until nighttime)!

It's probably something like Pandora's Box or Victoria broke a nail and they had to call a medic!

Guest 6Borders

I think it was the ALS ice water challenge. With visitors.

Probably true since it's been a theme and Les and Julie both did it.  Expect to see Rachel!!!

I will be ticked if they let Ariana come in and do it or sing or something.  That would be completely unfair.

Doubt Grodner can toss a Donny safety-net into this one.  I think more people would be upset about that than

the "Donny Bunch" are right now about him leaving.

Caleb, who knows all and has done everything, didn't mention ALS. He said that he has already done this ice water challenge. He explains it as: if you are challenged and you don't do it you have to give $100 to the charity the challenger chooses. If you take the challenge and do it, you then give $20 to any charity you want. This was right after the feeds came back on. He also said something about it was good to see other people. But it couldn't  be Frankie's sister since he wasn't bouncing off the walls about it.

Oh, I think they were able to challenge other people when they did it.