Donny Thompson (Week 8) - nominated by Derrick, BotB winner (saved) + Team America

joystiick

My negative comments towards a player doesn't and shouldn't be equated as dislike for a player. Dislike for his game, sure. I am not in love with Donny so i do not have blinders on and can make negative comments about his game. So far, I haven't been impressed with his play, although he has started to step it up. From watching the show tonight, zingbot had an effect on him when he called Donny's social game "suck dynasty". When Donny does something impressive I will be sure to give him a pat on the back. 

ITA that comment seemed to kick him in the butt a little to start actually doing something in the house.

I do agree with the comments that he has been gunning for AF from the start (and therefore never the win).  He has made numerous comments that have lead me to believe that.

I'm not sure why people need to get their tater peelings hurt when their fave is criticized.   :inquisitive: Not everyone is going to have the same opinion. 

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 6Borders

It's pretty hard to make a basket when you are sitting on the bench and nobody hands you the ball.  The only time Donny has had the ball is when he's playing for his BB life in a comp, and being on Team America (which puts $$ in Derrick's & Frankie's pockets too, so Derrick's been trying to snow job us in Summer that it's the reason he's loyal to Donny).

Donny's just the nice guy with nice friends who have to put up with the bullies and mean girls all the time.  I don't think he hung out with Jocasta because they were some big alliance but because she was a nice person and they talked (ok not the best BB stragedy game playing but what else did they have to do in a house against them.  Obviously campaigning and trying to make alliances didn't work too well with the Brat Attack Pack).

I don't feel Donny has said he was alone or gave himself a pity party any more than the rest of them.  This crew has had pity parties aplenty (Derrick:  "you are taking food out of my daughter's mouth"; Victoria has thrown herself plenty of pity parties "I just don't know what to do...."; Frankie is not blameless in that depart {so hard carrying the burden of being Ariana bro}, nor are most of the rest).

I definitely don't feel BB pre-selected Donny as the winner of BB or of anything.  I'm sure their Golden (tho slightly off-pink) Boy this year as their pre-select is FakieFrankie because of the pop-goes-the-sister publicity. 

I'd be willing to bet that Donny legitimately won Team America, as did Derrick.  If Ariana's fans didn't vote for Fakie then Grodner probably selected him (it was a given he would be selected from the get-go and Grodner did it last to make it seem less obvious).

It's pretty hard to make a basket when you are sitting on the bench and nobody hands you the ball.  The only time Donny has had the ball is when he's playing for his BB life in a comp, and being on Team America (which puts $$ in Derrick's & Frankie's pockets too, so Derrick's been trying to snow job us in Summer that it's the reason he's loyal to Donny).

Donny's just the nice guy with nice friends who have to put up with the bullies and mean girls all the time.  I don't think he hung out with Jocasta because they were some big alliance but because she was a nice person and they talked (ok not the best BB stragedy game playing but what else did they have to do in a house against them.  Obviously campaigning and trying to make alliances didn't work too well with the Brat Attack Pack).

I don't feel Donny has said he was alone or gave himself a pity party any more than the rest of them.  This crew has had pity parties aplenty (Derrick:  "you are taking food out of my daughter's mouth"; Victoria has thrown herself plenty of pity parties "I just don't know what to do...."; Frankie is not blameless in that depart {so hard carrying the burden of being Ariana bro}, nor are most of the rest).

I definitely don't feel BB pre-selected Donny as the winner of BB or of anything.  I'm sure their Golden (tho slightly off-pink) Boy this year as their pre-select is FakieFrankie because of the pop-goes-the-sister publicity. 

I'd be willing to bet that Donny legitimately won Team America, as did Derrick.  If Ariana's fans didn't vote for Fakie then Grodner probably selected him (it was a given he would be selected from the get-go and Grodner did it last to make it seem less obvious).

completely agree -

I agree with you I also would like to throw out there that I do watch the live feeds and I am not saying he didn't throw out the Americas Favorite player but I have never heard him say it except for yesterday when he was talking to Frankie.  I think he keeps saying he is alone because he is and has been basically since the begining, but I also think he thinks if he says it enough that maybe it will sink in to one of these people that he is alone and they could use him to get some players out that they may not want to directly send home.  This is just my opinion.  I do not think he is trying for sympathy because quite frankly this group could care less if he is by himself they don't like him for whatever reason and to them he is just someone they have to put up with for another week at least.  I do hope Cody does confront him tonight like he says he is going to I would love to hear their reasoning on why he should not be talking to people and is scheming since that's all they do.

ITA that comment seemed to kick him in the butt a little to start actually doing something in the house.

I do agree with the comments that he has been gunning for AF from the start (and therefore never the win).  He has made numerous comments that have lead me to believe that.

I'm not sure why people need to get their tater peelings hurt when their fave is criticized.   :inquisitive: Not everyone is going to have the same opinion. 

Idon'tgiveash!t who's feelings get hurt.

Same people are lifes little whiners. 

Just WAH!

Marty, I owe you an apology. A few weeks ago you compared the Donny "love" to Elissa and I said you were wrong. I said it wasn't even the same hemisphere. Well, I was wrong and you were right on the money. This could even be growing bigger, if that is possible. Man, I wonder what things would be like if Amanda was leading the Detonators. 

Marty, I owe you an apology. A few weeks ago you compared the Donny "love" to Elissa and I said you were wrong. I said it wasn't even the same hemisphere. Well, I was wrong and you were right on the money. This could even be growing bigger, if that is possible. Man, I wonder what things would be like if Amanda was leading the Detonators. 

Not as much here on Morty's but on Facebook BB forums and the Internet blogs. This is an example of one of the many many blogs -

http://princessglammy.com/zonny-and-the-ugly-people/

Christine commented about production wearing Fear the Beard tee shirts.

The other HG have commented on how production clapped when Donny won the last POV

I think the other HG think production is sending them a message that they are not the favorites in the game and I think they might be taking it out on Donny.

Christine commented about production wearing Fear the Beard tee shirts.

The other HG have commented on how production clapped when Donny won the last POV

I think the other HG think production is sending them a message that they are not the favorites in the game and I think they might be taking it out on Donny.

You could be correct.  They all live with dreams of being liked and in denial when they are not.  I am sure they all have fans and not all are hating on them its just not me LOL.  I honestly don't think Donny has a chance in hell to win the game and I do think he tried to talk to people in the begning and then gave up and then Zingbot came and I think he thought he would try again.  I think I can identify with Donny because he is older and nobody wants to be disliked.  Its a game but I don't think that people have to make other people feel bad in the process.  So for that reason I am hoping he can stay longer than some of the others. So for all the Donny fans what can I say we like who we like. I think he has done a really good job of winning when he needed to and has earned his place so far in the game. 

Being loved didn't help elissa win and it probably won't help donny.  I still cannot imagine why elissa would have wanted to stay in that house one minute longer than necessary.  I don't remember elissa being a bad person just kind of different and for sure, an easy target because of her mostly fey utterances.  Love like that, I don't need.  As for donny, I don't do social networking so am not really aware of the situation but have no reason to disbelieve that he is also "loved" by the internet masses and those in the social networking know.

What I don't understand is why people don't think that donny is playing the game.  Each of the houseguests are playing the game.  They play the game from the moment they walk through the door.  Perhaps they aren't playing the game you like to see played or are not playing the game as well as you wish them to play it or are playing the game better than you wish them to play it or..........whatever; but they are definitely playing the game.  You aren't playing the game.  I'm not playing the game.  They are playing the game.

People seem enthralled, still, with elissa.  Elissa is probably doing just fine despite all the ridiculously tasteless remarks made about her here and there.

Being loved didn't help elissa win and it probably won't help donny.  I still cannot imagine why elissa would have wanted to stay in that house one minute longer than necessary.  I don't remember elissa being a bad person just kind of different and for sure, an easy target because of her mostly fey utterances.  Love like that, I don't need.  As for donny, I don't do social networking so am not really aware of the situation but have no reason to disbelieve that he is also "loved" by the internet masses and those in the social networking know.

What I don't understand is why people don't think that donny is playing the game.  Each of the houseguests are playing the game.  They play the game from the moment they walk through the door.  Perhaps they aren't playing the game you like to see played or are not playing the game as well as you wish them to play it or are playing the game better than you wish them to play it or..........whatever; but they are definitely playing the game.  You aren't playing the game.  I'm not playing the game.  They are playing the game.

People seem enthralled, still, with elissa.  Elissa is probably doing just fine despite all the ridiculously tasteless remarks made about her here and there.

Personally, I think it's an elitist point of view. These people take the BB characters and themselves way too serious and personal.  These BB elitist types have a preconceived notion of how the game should be played OR they adjust that notion to relate to their favorite players. 

Maybe Donny should bounce from room to room and get into every conversation. Maybe he should place the seeds (ha ha ha) of doubt or suggestion into other HGs mings.  Or, how about  wake up the HG every morning with pots and pans, that might convince them he is playing.

If they'e still in the house, they've played well. How they play does not matter.  Last man standing is the winner.  End of story.