Donny Thompson (Week 8) - nominated by Derrick, BotB winner (saved) + Team America

joystiick

The only thing that surprised me was an 8 person alliance formed on the 2nd day. And, that 6 of the 8 stayed together throughout the game. 

The 2 HOH sucks the life out of the game. Evidently it was designed to get rid of the physically weaker players and floaters. But what it really does is hurts the dynamics of the game. Floating is a legitimate game strategy and can help level the playing field when the weaker side wins HOH. I have never understood the absolute disdain for floaters and the obsession for eliminating them from the game. But with the 2 HOH's twist, it forces the HOH's to try to pick physically weaker players so that they lose and they remain HOH for safety. I hope we never see this twist again.  

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the most clutch bb safety player of all-time

maybe i am over stating it  but he is clutch :animated_bouncy:

Interesting how they were talking about being given direction during the comp via ear-pieces.

Indeed :naughty:

They also noticed that production cheered when Donny won the BOB.

The 2 HOH sucks the life out of the game. Evidently it was designed to get rid of the physically weaker players and floaters. But what it really does is hurts the dynamics of the game. Floating is a legitimate game strategy and can help level the playing field when the weaker side wins HOH. I have never understood the absolute disdain for floaters and the obsession for eliminating them from the game. But with the 2 HOH's twist, it forces the HOH's to try to pick physically weaker players so that they lose and they remain HOH for safety. I hope we never see this twist again.  

I agree. If they insist on having this double HOH thing with the battle of the block competition, then there should be some sort of penalty for someone throwing a comp. Like disqualification from the whole game. JMO

Guest 6Borders

I was very happy Donny won (production assist or not).  I thought Caleb was just speculating when he said it was like Donny had an ear piece giving him direction, not that they all had ear pieces.  I'm sure the sour-grapes loosers also said that production cheered for Donny, not necessarilary that it ACTUALLY happened.

I don't like safety nets either but we all know Grodner puts them in place every season.  I also hate Have/Have Not but we all know

Grodner is not going to give that one up either. I totally agree there should be punishements for deliberately throwing a comp (like he become a have not or some other punishment.  What Caleb did, to me, deserves a penalty nom!)

I was very happy Donny won (production assist or not). 

That is the last thing I would ever thought you to say. You have always been soooooooooooooooo against any interference by production. I am shocked! :shocked2:

:lol:

" the best laid plans of mice and men "

I'm loving that Donny slipped thru the BS's little trap.... ONCE AGAIN :partytime:

Slippery little sucker... isn't he ??

(and it makes the game less boring when they have to scramble a little bit)

Guest 6Borders

That is the last thing I would ever thought you to say. You have always been soooooooooooooooo against any interference by production. I am shocked! :shocked2:

:lol:

I am 10000000000000000000000% AGAINST production interference but we all know they do it and they will continue doing it, so I am just happy if it's for Donny or Derrick!!!

Like the old saying---"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  You do not have to be obnoxious, snarky or filthy to play BB. Sitting back and watching the happenings maybe boring to us ( as we are a society of the squeaky wheel moto) but this year has been arguably the most boring with no one having the b@lls to break from the house at eviction time.   So Derrick, ( whose gameplay I did actually admire) now makes me think of him as a school yard manipulating bully.   And FG is just gross, it's not cute anymore.

Probably but this was blatant blabbing and production wasn't happy HA! 

Something happened last year or the year before. I remember there was speculation from the viewers but the HGs were also discussing it.  I can't remember what it was.

Yes, it's blatant if it happened, unlike the subtleness of not having endurance comps because some of the HGs could never beat Frankie, Caleb or Cody in one.

Guest 6Borders

Even tho this belongs in the General Discussion, since it's being discussed here I have to say I am ABSOLUTELY loving this and it's hilarious...people coming out of the woodwork about how Donny is getting production interference to win stuff (where have you people been since BB5???)!!!  OMG Janelle, Jeff/Jordan, Brenchel, Will & Boogie, Frank (whose dad is friends with Big Dick Johnson of BB Consultants) to name a few, (and other HG friends of production, selected & recruited) BITE ME (as long as you have had your rabies and BB vaccines).

Speak softly and carry a big stick has nothing on speak loudly (production and learn to use your FOTH button) and carry a BIG Threat (5 year+ contract w/conditions) and then come and tell everyone you have beans to spill.,..you won't do it any more than vote against the sheep of the house (don't quit your day job)!

In the first week Donny won a POV. In the first 3 weeks he won 3 contests... I'd say he knew better than most when the game started as he was one of the few that had actually started to play the game.

​In 8 weeks, Donny has won 1 HOHs, 2 BOBs, 3 POVs. That 6 wins in 8 weeks puts him in league with some of the legends of BB.

Add to that, he is one of the most clutch players to have played the game.

Nice to see Donny with Derrick and Frankie having fun plotting their new mission for Team America. That is the happiest I have seen Donny in a long time.

Donny alone with Frankie and Donny tells Frankie he wants to be Final 2 with him. Donny said he has the more respect for Frankie then anyone else. He told Frankie he wants to sit with the best (Frankie).

They are both lying their azzes off to each other. It is so funny.

Hi! I'm new to the forum but a hug fan of BB and since I don't have live feeds, I read Morty's page to catch up.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think the reason Caleb is assuming that Donny had help is because they are already trying to figure out how he could possibly know about them using skittles to decide who went on the block. Donny had asked Cody how they decided and he told him... Donny later made a comment about it that Zach heard and repeated. For a group that's working together, their communication is sorely lacking. Poor Caleb has thought Donny was some special agent most of the time as it is so why not give him an ear piece now too?

I'm a very out spoken person at times myself but normally, I had much rather sit back and observe the bullS and laugh as it happens and tell my few trusted friends to pay attention. I hate that the coldness of most of the other house guest have caused them to basically shun Donnie as a human. Whether you want to play the game of life with someone or not doesn't mean you can't be a persons friend.

If you are wondering about special treatment...I'd look more at Frankie's game. Things seem to bounce in his favor quite often and honestly, I don't know his sister or care but he's made me laugh and gag at the same time. :)

Derrick...he's a Dad and a cop. What do you expect from him?

Christine, well...I'm going to guess this is the most male attention she's ever gotten and especially from someone that looks like Cody. He's there and she's pretty much the one with her hands on him from what I'm seeing and reading. Yes girl, we understand. Hope your husband does when you get home but maybe you've learned enough to twist it around and confuse him too. HAHAA! I've seen his tweets... Sad!!

Caleb...not much to say about him. He talks about himself enough. WOW!!!!