Donny Thompson (Week 8) - nominated by Derrick, BotB winner (saved) + Team America

joystiick

But as many times as the Detonators almost detonated it was always Derrick that did the work to get them back together to have the numbers. If not for Derrick there would be no safety for himself and them.

I don't think Donny ever could have kept a team together.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the position was switched and Donny would have been drafted into the BS, he would be in a better position, but I don't think he would be controlling what the BS did. If Derrick would have been an outsider, he would probably cry and b!tch more, but I think he would work harder to improve his position in the game. For example, if the position were switched, Victoria would still be on Derrick's side and she would just be waiting for Derrick to get in a position where both of them could do something. She would not be Donny's puppy. The reason I say that is because Derrick recognized that Vic needed attention and he set out to cultivate a relationship with her and I don't think Donny would have put in the work. Chances are, Derrick would still be in the jury by the f5 because he gets over confident and make mistakes, but I think he would have tried to improve his position. I think he would recognize that you can't go to bed at ten when you are on the bottom. If business and deals get made at 4am, you have to be there and be on your game.

With that being said, I hope something happens this week that will help improve Donny's position. I do not want any of the BS/detonators to win the game. There's still a lot of game to play and I hope Donny gets a break and then redeems himself and snatches a win out of the jaws of defeat. 

Again, our crystal balls are are showing us different pictures of the possibilities. I think Donny would have been central to the BS game and that his calming influence would have minimized the paranoia that creates the need to stay up into the wee hours. Deals, decisions and moves would have been made in the HOH during daylight hours like was done during the early seasons, there would be no game need to stay up all night.

Derrick's scrambling game is pretty weak and in my humble opinion he would have had trouble getting to the jury. He would have left either right before or right after Brit. Those like Derrick, who hurry their speech, who repeat over an over again how honest they are, and who interrupt constantly are usually targeted pretty early on just as Devin was. Showing signs of extreme stress as Derrick has on those few time when he was pushed is deadly in this game. The BB sharks generally respond by circling closer and closer and then CHOMP, it's over. 

Vic is a non-issue in the image in my crystal ball, much like she is now. Hayden might have adopted her and she would have been just fine with that. Actually, she'd be better off as Derrick's behavior towards Vic have crossed the line at times into tiptoeing into the abusive. Hayden has never shown us the inner demons that Derrick has shown us. Of course, it's completely possible that she would have gravitated to Derrick but she seeks a dominate male and in this scenario his dominance would most definitely be diminished.

I actually don't care very much about whether Donny finds his way past this week or not; I like him as a human being but he is really just an ever so slightly above average BBplayer. I guess I've begun to resign myself to a BS/Det win. Hope springs eternal for next years game. And I hope BB abandons the duel HOH nonsense, and also does a better job of picking a mix of strategic/physical/old/young/funny/serious/etc players.

But as many times as the Detonators almost detonated it was always Derrick that did the work to get them back together to have the numbers. If not for Derrick there would be no safety for himself and them.

I don't think Donny ever could have kept a team together.

It wasn't Derrick that kept the Det from evicting Zach, it was Caleb.

Caleb said the words. Caleb has been saying that from the day the BS started. It was when Derrick decided to stick with the original group that he got them all back together and is still doing that.

Again, our crystal balls are are showing us different pictures of the possibilities. I think Donny would have been central to the BS game and that his calming influence would have minimized the paranoia that creates the need to stay up into the wee hours. Deals, decisions and moves would have been made in the HOH during daylight hours like was done during the early seasons, there would be no game need to stay up all night.

Derrick's scrambling game is pretty weak and in my humble opinion he would have had trouble getting to the jury. He would have left either right before or right after Brit. Those like Derrick, who hurry their speech, who repeat over an over again how honest they are, and who interrupt constantly are usually targeted pretty early on just as Devin was. Showing signs of extreme stress as Derrick has on those few time when he was pushed is deadly in this game. The BB sharks generally respond by circling closer and closer and then CHOMP, it's over. 

Vic is a non-issue in the image in my crystal ball, much like she is now. Hayden might have adopted her and she would have been just fine with that. Actually, she'd be better off as Derrick's behavior towards Vic have crossed the line at times into tiptoeing into the abusive. Hayden has never shown us the inner demons that Derrick has shown us. Of course, it's completely possible that she would have gravitated to Derrick but she seeks a dominate male and in this scenario his dominance would most definitely be diminished.

I actually don't care very much about whether Donny finds his way past this week or not; I like him as a human being but he is really just an ever so slightly above average BBplayer. I guess I've begun to resign myself to a BS/Det win. Hope springs eternal for next years game. And I hope BB abandons the duel HOH nonsense, and also does a better job of picking a mix of strategic/physical/old/young/funny/serious/etc players.

Yes, it was Caleb and being the loyal lapdog that he is will continue to bring the group together for however long it takes.  He's reminded them quite a few times about the "numbers" which translates to the alliance.

Caleb said the words. Caleb has been saying that from the day the BS started. It was when Derrick decided to stick with the original group that he got them all back together and is still doing that.

Or to put it more clearly, Derrick, Cody, Frankie and Christine were more than ready to cut Zach loose until Caleb convinced the Det that Zach must stay in order to stay safe themselves. Even Derrick admitted that.

Yes, I agree that throughout the game Caleb has kept the focus on maintaining the superior numbers. So, if anyone has helped the BS and even the Det maintain control it would be the rightfully unpopular Caleb.

So tell us why you have that suspicion ?

I say it mostly in jest, but essentially because he never shows anger.  Most serial killers were patient, calculating and subtly manipulative.  Lets just call it "giving him credit" for being more than the nice guy who keeps getting runover by the BS.

I say it mostly in jest, but essentially because he never shows anger.  Most serial killers were patient, calculating and subtly manipulative.  Lets just call it "giving him credit" for being more than the nice guy who keeps getting runover by the BS.

That describes two of the HG. lol

They haven't run him over yet... maybe this week they'll get him.

I'm sure I would have melted down about 15 times by now if I continued to be put on the block and felt so expendable--as though I myself wasnt there to play a game, but was merely a statue in the others chess game.  Go here, stand there, sit there. . .and we will decide if you get to stay or if you go.  I would have been all over the place crying, screaming, losing my mind and then trying to get it together.  So when I see him only letting a few tears slip here and there and opportune times. . .I feel like. .damn, this cat has control over himself. 

I'm sure I would have melted down about 15 times by now if I continued to be put on the block and felt so expendable--as though I myself wasnt there to play a game, but was merely a statue in the others chess game.  Go here, stand there, sit there. . .and we will decide if you get to stay or if you go.  I would have been all over the place crying, screaming, losing my mind and then trying to get it together.  So when I see him only letting a few tears slip here and there and opportune times. . .I feel like. .damn, this cat has control over himself. 

I don't think Donny views himself in a victim role in this game or in life in general~does he get lonely, yes, they all do. Does he fell shunned after his friends left, yes, we all would. But in terms of game issues he has never shown us anything but a player patiently/firmly standing his ground and working his game. They have not made him do a single thing that he didn't want to do and the fact that this is so obvious is actually a flaw in his game.

So, I don't agree with those fans that believe that he has been a chess piece or has ever submitted to the BS/Det wishes or demands. As far as I can tell, he's the only one in the house who has ever actually stood up to Derrick when he refused the AP task.

The game is not quite over for him or us. It doesn't look good, but he has shown the ability to come through in the clutch in the past. Who knows, maybe he's a goner, or maybe he'll survive another week. He's definitely the Det's worst nightmare; they can't control him and none of them is as well liked as his is by the current three member jury.

I seriously doubt that it's likely, but if he were to miraculously survive to the F2, having those three votes in his pocket is big. If he's up against Cody, Zach, Christine, Caleb, Vic or Frankie and he's got a very good chance of winning this thing--and there we have the best argument for getting rid of him. He's an obvious danger to their chances.

I dont disagree with you, but I think that if the "male alliances" (et al) didnt have Derrick directing them away from Donny (so that Derrick could continue to do AT challengers and bank off of them) then he would have been gone long ago.  The fact that he secretly, and through none of his own real doing, is valuable to Derrick--is what is keeping him in this game. 

I dont disagree with you, but I think that if the "male alliances" (et al) didnt have Derrick directing them away from Donny (so that Derrick could continue to do AT challengers and bank off of them) then he would have been gone long ago.  The fact that he secretly, and through none of his own real doing, is valuable to Derrick--is what is keeping him in this game. 

I don't agree that Donny is there at the pleasure of Derrick. Donny has been on the block several times only to wriggle out of their grasp.

In my opinion, Derrick has a lot less control than either he or his fans believe he has. He has surfed the wave supported by a 'keep the numbers' tactic pushed and pushed and pushed by Caleb. It's an old and obvious tactic, but it's also true that it is a tactic most heavily pushed by Caleb not Derrick. Why Derrick gets credit for keeping the BS/Det together is curious.

Derrick is riding that wave along with Frankie, Zach, Cody as much as they are riding it with him. He's definitely getting the mastermind edit and Donny is definitely getting the nice guy edit, but Derrick is a mastermind among shrimps and the fact that Donny is a truly nice guy is only really important in the real world.

I don't agree that Donny is there at the pleasure of Derrick. Donny has been on the block several times only to wriggle out of their grasp.

In my opinion, Derrick has a lot less control than either he or his fans believe he has. He has surfed the wave supported by a 'keep the numbers' tactic pushed and pushed and pushed by Caleb. It's an old and obvious tactic, but it's also true that it is a tactic most heavily pushed by Caleb not Derrick. Why Derrick gets credit for keeping the BS/Det together is curious.

Derrick is riding that wave along with Frankie, Zach, Cody as much as they are riding it with him. He's definitely getting the mastermind edit and Donny is definitely getting the nice guy edit, but Derrick is a mastermind among shrimps and the fact that Donny is a truly nice guy is only really important in the real world.

:clap:

Absolutely.

Sorry Janis, I had to go somewhere. I don't think you ar trying to argue. This is just a discussion. Something we should have more of without people getting mad.

As far as who Donny should have approached, he should have approached all of them that are on the outside. He should have continually pointed out that they were not in the clique. Donny and the rest of the outsiders have been playing scared the whole game. As soon as they started thinking, if I try to form an alliance, I am going to be voted out, the BS work was done. When Donny won HOH, who did he nominate. He already knew who was running things. Instead, he went with the one strong and one weak player to try to avoid them coming after him if he was dethrone. He seemed to forget that they were already coming after him. He was just trying to make another week. Which I really don't mind if you have an actual strategy. Like I said, things change every week, but, if you don't do anything different from one week to the next, why would think anything was going to be any different from the week before.

So, Donny has made it this far. If the detonators blew up next week, Donny would still be playing to just get to the next week. He would just be a pawn dependent on the mercy of the other players. If somehow, he found a way to make it to the F2, what would his argument be to earn a vote. He hasn't cultivated any relationships other than Jacosta that he could count on for a vote. On game play, he probably loses pretty bad to everyone except Vic. I'm sorry, we will have to disagree because I just don't see where Donny has done anything of any significance in the game. But I still like him. He's a Carolina man.  

That's what makes this place fun you get to see the game from different peoples perspectives.  It would be boring if we all thought the same.  I think Donny is in trouble this week especially since he will be with Chrisine since she hates him so bad she will probably take great pleasure in throwing the BOB LOL.  So I have to hope he can win the POV from what I gather its the Zingbot POV so that may be hard for him who knows.  I just wish something would happen so he could stay so that when the juror comes back they have at least one person on their side.  We need something to shake up the house or we will have a month of watching Derrick on his way to 500,000 dollars.

Time for Ms. Grodner to throw in a safety net!

i don't think she will I don't think Donny is a Frankie to her.  I don't think she cares who likes him if he goes he goes of course that is just my thoughts

i don't think she will I don't think Donny is a Frankie to her.  I don't think she cares who likes him if he goes he goes of course that is just my thoughts

He is never going to bring the show any extra publicity like some previous players/winners of the game, so there will be no safety nets for him.  I don't like safety nets anyway. I don't think they are fair since they compromise the game of other players.

I wouldn't mind seeing Donny come from behind - so to speak - and create some real competition and havoc in the game.

Big Brother's major fault aside from their lack of diversity when choosing houseguests (that really pisses me off), is that they have allowed the game to become predictable.  I don't like that.

...Big Brother's major fault aside from their lack of diversity when choosing houseguests (that really pisses me off), is that they have allowed the game to become predictable.  I don't like that.

They should really drop their catch phrase, "expect the unexpected".  Such a joke. How do they even say it w/ a straight face???

I was watching Julie say last night how will the new HOH stir up the house.  Well Julie it will be the same as last week just a different person going home. At the start of the season I thought wow 2 HOH's that might be interesting I should have know they would find a way to mess it up.  The stupid Bomb Squad which was half the house was ridiculous.  It just went downhill from there. LOL