Derrick Levasseur (Week 8) - HoH2 (dethroned) + Team America

Marty

Maybe I'm a little blurry on it all, but Andy was a "nice guy."  I don't remember him being mean to other hgs.  He played the "I'm everyone's friend" game well. He was just annoying in many ways, but it didn't make him a bad person. JMO.

No.  You are right.  Although I remember andy being mean to people behind their backs and saying terrible things.  Maybe I am wrong about this.  I think what I am trying to rationalize about derrick is that even though I just don't like him, I think he comes across as very intense because he is so intent on winning and he has been clever enough to manipulate the others in his favor and I can't fault him for that.  I do think that perhaps derrick is drunk with power and I do fault him for that.  At this point, I would for sure pick Donny for the winner of my choice but it is pretty much a personal choice between the two and has little to do with gameplay.  Make sense?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Early this morning Derrick was up with Zach having nice conversation. They talked for a long time. There is not a day that Derrick is not working to get that jury vote if he makes it to the end.

This is one reason I respect Derricks game play. He stays awake if he has to he knows it will benefit his game. He is always playing the game and playing it with his brain and not emotion.

Derrick never bashes people but can plant seeds and is good at leading a conversation in the direction that benefits him. It is fascinating for me to watch.

If he wins he has really earned it.

Early this morning Derrick was up with Zach having nice conversation. They talked for a long time. There is not a day that Derrick is not working to get that jury vote if he makes it to the end.

This is one reason I respect Derricks game play. He stays awake if he has to he knows it will benefit his game. He is always playing the game and playing it with his brain and not emotion.

Derrick never bashes people but can plant seeds and is good at leading a conversation in the direction that benefits him. It is fascinating for me to watch.

If he wins he has really earned it.

That's my take on Derrick too. He's got his eye completely trained on the prize. He's not just playing day to day or week to week like some of the others seem to do. He doesn't gloat or pour salt on the wound when it's clear that someone is leaving. He's very good at deflecting the blame for any actions to other players. Honestly, I think that Donnie is the only HG to see what Derrick is doing, and I think that Derrick knows this and that's one of the reasons he knows he can't have Donny sitting next to him at F2, or even F3.

I really think that Derrick is going to Win Big brother. He knows how to talk to people, he doesn't look like the bad guy very often. He's doing really great. I hope he wins compared to Frankie. I will lose it if Frankie wins over Derrick.

Der is playing one heck of a game! You got to give it to him! He is cool and calm under pressure(law-enforcement training) and doesn't let his paranoia get the best of him. And he is always planting seeds.

Derrick is a Father and a Police Officer. Both if those traits are evident in his game and in the way he is with others. Yes, he was boarding on abussive with Victoria the day Being discussed but other than that time, he has been much like a Father/older brother to her. Are there things I'm not crazy about in him? Yes. But he's got great game and he's not stupid. I just hope his bad cop side doesn't show again or if it does, it's with the guys not a scared little girl.

My life's work is in science and technology but I do cut my own lawn.

Seems my phone has a mind of it's own as to how it post. Anyway, TripTrey, I was being a little silly because Donny is a grounds keeper but he is very insightful about people too. I didn't think you actually were a grounds keeper though working in the yard is good for your mind.

I didn't think you actually were a grounds keeper though working in the yard is good for your mind.

I know... It was a lame attempt at humor on my part... but you're right, every moment I get away from my computer is 'good' for my mind. My best vacations are those that take me to places that have no connectivity. Ahhhh, now that's good livin'...

One thing that BB does, it re socializes people. We get so dependent on out phones/computers that's it's sad. Look around the next time your at dinner...
I need a bit of a disconnect myself right now but it doesn't seem likely.