Derrick Levasseur (Week 8) - HoH2 (dethroned) + Team America

Marty

My view of that conversation with Vic was that he was kind of angry that she had listened to Zack. Did he use a different tone than his usual coddling tone with her? Sure. He was making his point that he had had her back all this time and Zack didn't but she was listening to Zack and going against him. She is an adult and sometimes adults have conversations that aren't all unicorns and rainbows.

He wasn't actually making the point that he had her back and that Zach hadn't, that storyline was nothing more than a tactic to lead her to submission which then enables him to get her under his control again. I agree conversations aren't necessarily 'all unicorns and rainbows', but that isn't my point. 

My point is that it was fine for him to confront her and to work to manipulated her into getting back into his pocket, BUT once that is accomplished further pressure is pointless. It only serves to abuse his minion. The duration of the pressure tactics is part of the abuse, especially when she had already broken down, fully submitted and was pleading for his forgiveness.

Different people have different tolerances, some have the skin of a rhino while others have the sheerest skin imaginable. A decent person would acknowledge that and treat each of these folks according to their tolerance to pressure. Derrick knows that Vic is fragile and he had very early on succeeded in turning her back into his pocket but instead of hugging it out knowing that he had gotten what he wanted out of her, he kept up the pressure for a ridiculously long time. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you are contradicting yourself because you are saying she is an adult  (and she is) yet you are approving that he spoke to her like she was a misbehaving kid.

I don't believe in unicorns and rainbows.

I did not say he spoke to her like a misbehaving child. I said he usually uses a coddling tone with her, comforting her when she is upset. He wasn't coddling her in this conversation.

I didn't see either fracas but I think that victoria needs to get a grip and I think that derrick and zach both need to leave her alone (apparently).  It goes without saying that if a person has to be defended for actions suspect to even a single person; then something is not quite kosher in Birmingham.

I say off with their heads the lot of them.  I'm headed for the caleb train.  At least he is upfront with his assholeishness.

He wasn't actually making the point that he had her back and that Zach hadn't, that storyline was nothing more than a tactic to lead her to submission which then enables him to get her under his control again. I agree conversations aren't necessarily 'all unicorns and rainbows', but that isn't my point. 

My point is that it was fine for him to confront her and to work to manipulated her into getting back into his pocket, BUT once that is accomplished further pressure is pointless. It only serves to abuse his minion. The duration of the pressure tactics is part of the abuse, especially when she had already broken down, fully submitted and was pleading for his forgiveness.

Different people have different tolerances, some have the skin of a rhino while others have the sheerest skin imaginable. A decent person would acknowledge that and treat each of these folks according to their tolerance to pressure. Derrick knows that Vic is fragile and he had very early on succeeded in turning her back into his pocket but instead of hugging it out knowing that he had gotten what he wanted out of her, he kept up the pressure for a ridiculously long time. 

This is BB. Everyday they have conversations where they same the same things over and over, repeating themselves and their points again and again. I just don't see it as "he was abusing her".

I didn't see either fracas but I think that victoria needs to get a grip and I think that derrick and zach both need to leave her alone (apparently).  It goes without saying that if a person has to be defended for actions suspect to even a single person; then something is not quite kosher in Birmingham.

I say off with their heads the lot of them.  I'm headed for the caleb train.  At least he is upfront with his assholeishness.

Ya know, Slim, I think you have a pretty good grip on this one.

This is BB. Everyday they have conversations where they same the same things over and over, repeating themselves and their points again and again. I just don't see it as "he was abusing her".

It isn't merely a repetitious conversation... those are fine... boring, but fine. It wasn't just the use of a stern voice, that's fine too. It wasn't just the emotional pressure he applied to an emotional wreck of a person, that's also fine in this game. Watch it again. It's the totality of the repetition, the duration, the pressure... and what makes it all so abusive is that all of these elements continued long after he had long since succeeded in submitting her. After a full submission, decent folks take their foot off the other person's throat. He didn't.

I did not say he spoke to her like a misbehaving child. I said he usually uses a coddling tone with her, comforting her when she is upset. He wasn't coddling her in this conversation.

You describe how an adult might speak to an upset child with coddling.  We know Derrick didn't coddle her, he interrogated her in a condescending way then punished her for not playing the game his way.  Then you say she is a adult and I agree that she is.  In a non-"unicorn and rainbow" world any adult I know would not appreciate being talked down to like that. I think he forgot himself and thought he was talking to his kid or worse yet, his wife.  It's worse when he does it as opposed to when Zach does it because none of the HG trust Zach and look up to him like they do Derrick.  That is why Victoria was hurt and it was his way of keeping her in line so she doesn't screw up again.

You're rooting for the favorite because we all know he is the biggest, bestest asshole in the house. 

Kidding aside, I will not be surprised if he is F2. After all, he is king of the game and best mode cowboy.

You describe how an adult might speak to an upset child with coddling.  We know Derrick didn't coddle her, he interrogated her in a condescending way then punished her for not playing the game his way.  Then you say she is a adult and I agree that she is.  In a non-"unicorn and rainbow" world any adult I know would not appreciate being talked down to like that. I think he forgot himself and thought he was talking to his kid or worse yet, his wife.  It's worse when he does it as opposed to when Zach does it because none of the HG trust Zach and look up to him like they do Derrick.  That is why Victoria was hurt and it was his way of keeping her in line so she doesn't screw up again.

You're rooting for the favorite because we all know he is the biggest, bestest asshole in the house. 

Kidding aside, I will not be surprised if he is F2. After all, he is king of the game and best mode cowboy.

:devilish: 

Guest 6Borders

Boneheaded move Derrick...telling Donny that they had everyone in the house except him (because he was asleep) draw Skittles and then he wonders why Donny is not buying it.  I would have loved to see his face if Donny had said "why didn't you wait until I was awake, or wake me up...cos y'all never had a problem waking me up for other stuff".

Derrick needs to be on the block and have to show some real stragedy or get his arse in gear and win the POV.  So far he's been controlling the house and never has to feel the pressure!

As to the Derrick bullying Victoria, I have to say I really didn't get that.  Victoria is a brainless idiot with expensive sunglasses and handbags (because that's the advice her mother gave her, never to buy cheap) and she's a follower who needs a leader.  When one acts like a child one should not expect to be treated like an adult.

Boneheaded move Derrick...telling Donny that they had everyone in the house except him (because he was asleep) draw Skittles and then he wonders why Donny is not buying it.  

... ... ...

When one acts like a child one should not expect to be treated like an adult.

Agreed, that was a weak and transparent play... not good, but in the end, I don't think Derrick cares... he hasn't really had to play much, which seems to have lead to him becoming a bit too comfortable and lazy; he feels very safe and doesn't respect Donny.

In terms of Derrick's and Vic's behavior, I agree with you in terms of Vic; she does act like a child and can't expect to be treated like an adult if she is capable of acting like an adult and cognizant of her behavior.

Derrick, on the other hand, is an adult and as such, can make his own decision about how to deal with her. He doesn't have to join her at her level. My point is that no one should be able to alter the way any of us treats others. That's a choice that begins and ends within ourselves.

His choices were treat her like an adult or sink to childish bullying behavior. Derrick choose to treat her like a child and keep his foot on her throat long after she had submitted and had pleaded for his forgiveness. A decent adult human being makes the better choice to play the game but to hold him/herself to an adult standard regardless of the behaviors of the others involved. 

If Derrick is an adult and she is a child, why sink to her level?

I still think that it is an easy win for derrick at this point - things change - and kudos to derrick for reading the house quickly and getting his game in place accordingly.  For a bunch of reasons; if he does win, I don't see him being a popular winner.  I don't like derrick but I understand that he went there to win 500K and accept that the BB derrick might not be the everyday derrick.

For me, the great shame of season 16 will be that donny and derrick didn't ally secretly and take it to F2.  Unfortunately, Derrick knew/knows that his real competition in the game is donny and he is afraid of him.  It says much to me about derrick.

Derrick right now would win if he were sitting next to alot of  people.  I think he should take someone other than Victoria to the end because she has not had one original thought since she entered the house.  She has been told what to do who to vote for and when Zach actually told her about Derricks lies she defends him.  Not the brightess person.  I hope that big brother casting realize this is what you get when you recruit more than half the house. If any of these idiots in this house would actually talk to one another they would realize what he is doing.  Donny has told alot of people they are all evicted and I still don't think they get it.

Well, I don't like derrick but I've disliked people on BB far more than I do him and really, people, we have to give the man some credit for taking advantage of the situation and using those jackasses to further his game.  It is all about winning the money.  I write that, remembering that Andy utilized different tactics and won.  Hated him.  I am up for seeing a nice guy win.  

Well, I don't like derrick but I've disliked people on BB far more than I do him and really, people, we have to give the man some credit for taking advantage of the situation and using those jackasses to further his game.  It is all about winning the money.  I write that, remembering that Andy utilized different tactics and won.  Hated him.  I am up for seeing a nice guy win.  

Maybe I'm a little blurry on it all, but Andy was a "nice guy."  I don't remember him being mean to other hgs.  He played the "I'm everyone's friend" game well. He was just annoying in many ways, but it didn't make him a bad person. JMO.