Donny Thompson (Week 7) - nominated by Christine + Team America

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 6Borders

If he were so expendible than Derrick would want to keep him around.

I find it hilarious that Derrick, Frankie, Christine and Cody are so scared of Donny,

and Christine says "Cody and I hate him so much"...why Christine????

The old BS people seem to really start hating on the people they want out. They have always treated Donny as an outsider and the week that they have decided he is the one to go, the hating will really start. Right now they are hating on Nicole. They are pretty cold and distant to her. I think they have done it to all of the evictees except Jocasta.

Jocasta said that she tried to talk Donny into starting an alliance together but he refused to talk game with her.  No interest in an outsiders' alliance.  I assume he hopes that being the last outsider standing, someone will want to grab him into their break-off group. 

The old BS people seem to really start hating on the people they want out. They have always treated Donny as an outsider and the week that they have decided he is the one to go, the hating will really start. Right now they are hating on Nicole. They are pretty cold and distant to her. I think they have done it to all of the evictees except Jocasta.

Maybe because it wasn't really fully decided until the 11th hour?

But yeah, that shunning crap of the evictee is obnoxious

I personally think Donny is working America. On the feeds he is constantly saying he doesn't have a job anymore. He quit his job to come on Big Brother. He keeps saying I am all alone I don't have anyone. I don't fit in.

Not taking away Donny is probably a really nice guy so don't hate on me. Just a regular good ole boy. I am just saying he piles on the "pity card" really heavy.

I don't think Donny has ever recovered from the early negatives of the game. Right off the bat, he was part of the D&D alliance and ended up on the block. From the beginning the other players suspected him of hiding his true identity, I guess, because they couldn't believe that Grodner would put a plain old guy with a simple life on the show. So, he has never found a way to fully trust other players and they have not found a way to fully trust him. Ergo, he has been basically drifting along throughout the game, with no true direction and no strategy. He's play the TV version of BB and the BS/Detonators (Derrick/Frankie) played the real BB.   

I personally think Donny is working America. On the feeds he is constantly saying he doesn't have a job anymore. He quit his job to come on Big Brother. He keeps saying I am all alone I don't have anyone. I don't fit in.

Not taking away Donny is probably a really nice guy so don't hate on me. Just a regular good ole boy. I am just saying he piles on the "pity card" really heavy.

Yeah he is LOADING on the pity party 24/7.  I find it neither endearing or cute, but it sure is working on many viewers.  I am constantly reading about pooooooooooooooooooooooooor Donny and his "pure heart" LMAO. 

I don't think Donny has ever recovered from the early negatives of the game. Right off the bat, he was part of the D&D alliance and ended up on the block. From the beginning the other players suspected him of hiding his true identity, I guess, because they couldn't believe that Grodner would put a plain old guy with a simple life on the show. So, he has never found a way to fully trust other players and they have not found a way to fully trust him. Ergo, he has been basically drifting along throughout the game, with no true direction and no strategy. He's play the TV version of BB and the BS/Detonators (Derrick/Frankie) played the real BB.   

This is true but he has never really tried.  I would see it differently if he were laying out a strategy in the DR, but no.  He says a whole lot of nothing in there too. 

Personally, I think that Donny has played a very good game given the limitations of BB16. He has been keenly observant and was the first to have sussed out the actual teams, sub-teams, team cracks and potential divisions, and real power centers in the house. 

In an effort to change the game dynamic, Donny has given peeks into the actual power centers to Pao, Brittany, Hayden, and more recently Nicole. He also put some little feelers out to Caleb and Zach by giving them small peeks(veiled suggestions) into what the powers that be are actually doing.

I agree with you, the early days of the game have so controlled the game environment that he has had very very little opportunity to engage others in his game or to stitch his game into theirs.

This season is boring for the same reason that Donny hasn’t been in an alliance. The problem for Donny, the other outcasts and us, is that the 8 person BS formed at such an early stage of the game and has essentially maintained control of the game's oxygen that their is really no game to play for them or for us to enjoy. Once whatshername with the blue hair left, it was essentially game over for half of the house, leaving us to wait until they're down to 5 or 6 for the 'real' game to begin. Boring.

Unfortunately for Donny, his is just so different from the others in the house that he lives in the extremes of their consciences… either he stands out in their minds as odd and suspicious or he is invisible to them. 

We’ve seen this flip plopping of their notice of Donny from the beginning. But soon he'll fall prey to the same sick and childish shunning/vilifying behaviors that previous eviction targets have experienced. It's my belief that the mix of HG's is tilted too far to the youngsters and this has given us a game without any real strategy and that ridiculous habit of voting with the house. 

It’s a shame that more BB16 players haven’t taken the time to sit back and observe before reacting; it would be a better game without the youthful emotions ruling the play. 

Most are either so safe that the stresses of the game haven’t hit them or the HG is under constant stress of eviction. At least Frankie had a scare… Derrick has been so safe from the beginning that he hasn’t really had a chance to actually play the game. 

The very few times that we have seen Derrick stressed (the first time was after Devin’s insanely emotional detailing of the BS to the house and Brittany), he has reacted poorly. 

Remember back to each of his very few stressed moments… he speeds up his speech to ridiculous levels, he attempts to claim that he’s the hurt party, he feigns anger, he repeats over and over how honest and straight forward he is… The better players of past seasons would have eaten his lunch when he reacted to stress like he does.

I hope that next year we get two or more teams fighting to outwit the other(s).

very good.....

Yeah he is LOADING on the pity party 24/7.  I find it neither endearing or cute, but it sure is working on many viewers.  I am constantly reading about pooooooooooooooooooooooooor Donny and his "pure heart" LMAO. 

This is true but he has never really tried.  I would see it differently if he were laying out a strategy in the DR, but no.  He says a whole lot of nothing in there too. 

Can't lay out a strategy in the DR when you are hardly ever called in there.  I don't pity Donny and don't take his conversations as such.  He's not my fav player, but I don't dislike him.  He is who he is and playing the game the best he can the only way he can.  That's all.  When he leaves and looks back he will realize the difference between the TV version and the REAL version of BB (he has already stated as much!).....

I really love Donny. He seems like a sweet man. I wish he would have gotten into an alliance. I think he could have done very well in this game if he would have. I will be sad to see him be voted out when the time comes. I hope he finds a way to step his game up, and hopefully win HOH tonight!

I really love Donny. He seems like a sweet man. I wish he would have gotten into an alliance. I think he could have done very well in this game if he would have. I will be sad to see him be voted out when the time comes. I hope he finds a way to step his game up, and hopefully win HOH tonight!

10360785_146784065492319_737658380085730

10360785_146784065492319_737658380085730

spoken in true Donny form LOL.  I do like him and I do hope he wins HOH if for nothing else to make the rest of them panic he is after all the biggest schemer of them all.

spoken in true Donny form LOL.  I do like him and I do hope he wins HOH if for nothing else to make the rest of them panic he is after all the biggest schemer of them all.

I should really learn how to spelll I don't think that is correct oh well

The very few times that we have seen Derrick stressed (the first time was after Devin’s insanely emotional detailing of the BS to the house and Brittany), he has reacted poorly. 

Remember back to each of his very few stressed moments… he speeds up his speech to ridiculous levels, he attempts to claim that he’s the hurt party, he feigns anger, he repeats over and over how honest and straight forward he is… The better players of past seasons would have eaten his lunch when he reacted to stress like he does.

I hope that next year we get two or more teams fighting to outwit the other(s).

ITA with your analysis.  That BS group really did set the stage and doomed the rest of the season not only for others in the house

but for us as viewers.  The two players I want to see go the most are Derrick and Christine. 

I wouldn't consider myself a fan of Donny, but he's done just as well as Derrick and Christine -- plus without all the inner support.

Could Donny have been more aggressive?  Yes, but it would definitely have been at the risk of ramping up his already-in-jeopardy

position in the house.  He did the best he could with what he was given which is sad.

I like Donny okay and like him a lot better than some of the house guests.  The deck is pretty much stacked against him but the cookie crumbled and in truth, derrick is probably as nice a guy and as normal a guy as Donny and he seems to be dealing.  Maybe Donny just isn't suited for the game?  I'm not.  For sure, I wouldn't quit my job to go on a reality show but then there might well be more to that story.  Not important to the game one way or the other. 

I like Donny okay and like him a lot better than some of the house guests.  The deck is pretty much stacked against him but the cookie crumbled and in truth, derrick is probably as nice a guy and as normal a guy as Donny and he seems to be dealing.  Maybe Donny just isn't suited for the game?  I'm not.  For sure, I wouldn't quit my job to go on a reality show but then there might well be more to that story.  Not important to the game one way or the other. 

Yes good perspective

I would have rooted for Donny if he had tried. He wanted to go to bed early at night and get up in the morning and have his alone time as he calls it . He said he does not like talking. He has said he didn't want to go to people for an alliance that he wanted them to come to him. Just throwing out a few tidbits of observation every now and then is not playing the game. He is only 42. That is pretty young. He should have taken all those on the outside and tried to form and alliance and then drag more in. There is so much he could have done to get himself in the game but his game play is to just sit back and be the nice guy they won't evict.

So, am I really the only one that still thinks there is a slight chance that they will find dead bodies under this guys porch? 

I have my suspicions   :shocking: