Donny Thompson (Week 6) - HoH1 (dethroned) + D/E nominee, D/E PoV winner (Saved) + Team America

uvp

Yeah, season 6 is the way you wish every season started. Everyone choose a side and let the bloodletting began. None of this whining about "I don't want to get blood on my hands." If you want to play it safe, you should be the next one out the door.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Donny Donny Donny -

How are you going to get anywhere in this game if you walk in the room where your bed is and people are there and you turn around walk out mad. Yes it was midnight past your 10:00 bedtime but the POV challenge ran late. You come back 5 minutes later and everyone leaves so you can go to bed and shut the light off.

Donny you make people feel that you don't ever want to play the game with them. Not a good social game at all.

The game is not to just show up and be the "nice" guy and go to the end and win the game.

^ I agree. He isn't at home where he can stick to his normal schedule. This is a competition, almost like a job where you have to work the hours that are needed to be worked. The most important conversations go on after 10pm. People are constantly moving from one group or person to another, scheming, bonding and back stabbing.

He has pretty much alienated himself from the other HGs. And being grumpy just makes people want to avoid you.

First, I wish Donny all the luck in the world. But I am not a fan! And I still don't understand the hoopla over how Donny is such a nice guy.

How is he any different from say, Cody, whom I have never heard say anything disrespectful about anyone in the house?

From what I can see, Cody is outwardly kind to the ladies and seems very supportive of them and continues to offer a genuine shoulder for them to cry on. Of course, what he says behind their backs may be different, but that is part of his game play.

Now, Donny's game play is just as ruthless as the other guys. He seems kind and supportive to others on the surface, but when talking game with the other guys, he is just as cunning, deceitful, and manipulative as they are. He eagerly tells them that although Jocasta and Amber were his best friends in the house he would have no problem voting them out.

He just does his dirt with laid back, down home country charm. I need a definition of what is considered "nice guy" behavior in the BB house.

I say that donny seems a nice guy but has no business being on Big Brother. Kind of a "bless your heart" thing with me.

I agree with those of you about season 6 being a fave. Definitely the best season, IMO. The past few seasons pale in comparison except for Season 10 with Dan Gheesling. He set the gold standard. And.......Season 2 with Dr. Will. He is a BB icon.

I think Donny knew what to expect when he came to bb. Absolutely and he is working on the back door plan hard with Nicole. He probably didn't figure on being the oldest with a 9 yr gap between him and the closest person to his age! He has his alone time to figure things out and how to approach the right people. He is still my fav.

With that being said, he has to win the next HOH or pov or he will be out.

Guest 6Borders

What absoplutely gets me is the fact there are alot of nice guys in this world... They sort of put Donnie on a pedestal , when in reality hes just like everyone else...When it comes time to do whats best for him, HE TOO is gonna take it.. That movbe a couple weeks ago meant NOTHING when he saved jacosta, he sure got alot of atta boys for it tho..but he damn sure knew it had no relevancy... Southern folks may talk slower but genuinely they are VERY crafty...VERY..Donnie is no dummy I assure you.....But what folks need to stop doing is getting all butt hurt because others are playing the game..I mean WHERE is all this mystery and shocking feelings come from..in the end they are ALL after $500K arnt they? LOL :donatello:

Totally agree!

He's no push-over and he has his eye on the prize for sure. Even if he were not my fav player

I would have applauded that he did not come all the way across the country to have America play

his game for him. $5k is chump change to 50K or 500K and Donny knows it.

This mission would have only really hurt Donny anyway. Frankie wasn't voting so he couldn't be a suspect with the hinky vote. The people the fingers would have been pointed at would have been the people that Donny has to depend on for the little support he can get in the house. Frankie and Derrick would have been able to go off with their little band of merry men and have a little chuckle over earning 5 grand while Donny would be stuck trying to do damage control with the few people who might not vote him out in the next few weeks.

IMO Donny is playing the game, but differently than we have ever seen. I can't remember a player who held his cards so close to his chest, didn't talk much game and was still in the house at the half way point. Little by little he seems to poke his opinion into an open hole in the others game to his benefit. Derrick he know is the toughest one to poke at, Frankie he feels is so exposed others will get him out. I don't feel he will win, but would sure like to see him survive the DE.....Its been referenced b4....the tortise did beat the hare :)

Donny is my favorite player not because I think he is a nice guy but I immediatey liked him when I watched the interview with Jeff before the show. He talked game one time and was put on the block. I think that is why he doesn't say anything to anyone. He seems to think Nicole and Hayden are working with him but I doubt they are. I think Hayden truly does like Donny and I think he is trying to help him but I don't think he has a true alliance with him. Donny is not stupid and he can see through Derrick and Frankie. I hope he survives the double eviction and is there next week. I of course live in Colorado so I will not be able to see the show until 1:00am because of football. I think the people that he played the game with will be surprised at Donny when they watch the show.

Guest 6Borders

I 100% DISAGREE that Donny is this season's Elissa. She not only had Brenchel fans but

Canada on her side, tweeting and voting their little hearts out for her.

Donny has his own fan base and yes, a lot of it is just because he's

such a decent guy but he also truely IS a superfan and knows the game.

BB history shows the house (young snots) first target the older person (quote from BB past:

"this is a good season...no old people"...I believe that was Ollie but just remember the

direct quote).

Everyone who is ticked that Donny is "not playing the game" need to remember that,

other than Team America, nobody approached Donny for an alliance and they mostly

treated him like an outcast so how did he even have the opportunity to play? He won

comps he needed to and he's been sitting back and watching the Idiot Squad pick off

the other outcasts and target him just about ever time.

He's not buying anything Derrick or Frankie are selling and they know it and they

are scared of him, otherwise if they really thought he was weak and expendable they would

be falling all over themselves (like Derrick is with Victoria, who most people seem to think is

a totally useless player) trying to take him to the end so they could get F2.

I 100% DISAGREE that Donny is this season's Elissa. She not only had Brenchel fans but

Canada on her side, tweeting and voting their little hearts out for her.

Donny has his own fan base and yes, a lot of it is just because he's

such a decent guy but he also truely IS a superfan and knows the game.

BB history shows the house (young snots) first target the older person (quote from BB past:

"this is a good season...no old people"...I believe that was Ollie but just remember the

direct quote).

Everyone who is ticked that Donny is "not playing the game" need to remember that,

other than Team America, nobody approached Donny for an alliance and they mostly

treated him like an outcast so how did he even have the opportunity to play? He won

comps he needed to and he's been sitting back and watching the Idiot Squad pick off

the other outcasts and target him just about ever time.

He's not buying anything Derrick or Frankie are selling and they know it and they

are scared of him, otherwise if they really thought he was weak and expendable they would

be falling all over themselves (like Derrick is with Victoria, who most people seem to think is

a totally useless player) trying to take him to the end so they could get F2.

Exactly so agree. You cannot make people be in an alliance with you. These people do not want to be in an alliance with him. They all still think he is a genius because he used a big word osmosis really????

Donny needs to take some responsibility. He is not that old. 42?

By his own admission he likes his alone time.

Donny had made comments to other houseguests about how all the younguns make too much noise at night and he is not happy about it.

He has up until the last few days gone to bed at 10pm every night.

He has said he will not go to people for an alliance that they have to come to him.

Just yesterday he was talking to Hayden about who he would put up. It would be Victoria and someone. Hayden was trying to urge him to put up Frankie but he said it is too early to make a power move because they will come after him.

Anyway I think he is a nice guy and I can see why people like him. I do see a lot in chats and forums that if anyone suggests putting up Donny then they are "bad people". That is just not fair.

Donny had made comments to other houseguests about how all the younguns make too much noise at night and he is not happy about it.

He has said he will not go to people for an alliance that they have to come to him.

Just yesterday he was talking to Hayden about who he would put up. It would be Victoria and someone. Hayden was trying to urge him to put up Frankie but he said it is too early to make a power move because they will come after him.

Anyway I think he is a nice guy and I can see why people like him. I do see a lot in chats and forums that if anyone suggests putting up Donny then they are "bad people". That is just not fair.

No it isn't.

He's a snore with non-existant game play. Hopefully there is a DE and he gets booted.

I don't see why Donny is singled out as being "the nice guy".

Seems to me that Derrick is a pretty nice guy. He treats everyone with respect, doesn't say mean or nasty things about them behind their backs and in general has played the game hard without being offensive.

Hayden also seems like a nice guy. Don't see him being nasty to anyone either. He also is just trying to play the game.

Nicole seems like a nice girl.

Most of them seem like they are nice people. But most of them are still trying to play the game and BB is not about who is the nicest.

I like all kinds of game play. I have no problem with floaters or people who use a low key strategy. I think Donny is doing the best he can with the position he is in, in the house. Right now, I think he is looking to survive until final 8 or so when the game changes and every players vote is important every week. Then he will be in a position to make some moves. So, unlike Jocasta and Vic, I believe he actually has a game plan. Getting into a position to implement his plan is another story. I give him props for not getting caught up in the TA plan.

He is as unwilling to make a power move as is the others, except maybe Nicole.

I don't see any daring, power moves coming from Frankie, Derrick, or Cody either.

Why should he get blood on his hands and not Derrick or Frankie? He has just as much game to save face as they do.

Agreed!

Comments like Donny's fans get mad when there is a threat that he is put up are as equal to comments about not liking Donny or calling him a non-player because he isn't moving Frankie or Derrick's game along. I see no difference. Viewers like who they like for different reasons, why should any question it or judge it?

Personnally, I forget Donny is in the house sometimes, but that could be his strategy and if it works, good for him.

He hasn't been going to bed at 10pm every night. Every single time I've watched the live feeds, he goes to bed at midnight. This has been going on for a long time now. It's not that bad really, it's not like he's going to bed at 9pm or something. He should be more flexible, but it's not the end of the world. He doesn't sleep for what seems like endless hours like some other people have at least by doing this.

He's made comments and he's joked about it too when people disturb his sleep. It's not like he gets really mad about it and into fights over it. Really a non starter.

When it comes to alliances he was trying to wait for an opportunity and to know people (aside from the Double D's) and everyone already sort of got together. He has said he wanted to work with Nicole & Hayden and talks to them all the time. So I don't think it's about just people coming to him. He's just hasn't been running around trying to form alliances with everyone. I think by saying people should come to him, he covers himself by not announcing he's trying to form alliances with everyone.

Not surprising he doesn't want to put up Frankie, what with Team America still in existence. It might get back to him the way everyone has loose lips this season as well. I notice Donny doesn't say as much to many people since that got him on the block once already. So far this season everyone is playing it safe, aside from Devin and look what that got him.

Yes I noticed since the last HOH Donny started staying up until midnight. The first 4 weeks or more his routine was to go to bed at 10pm.

I would love for Donny to bust out and be the wild card player. He still has time if he makes it through next week.