Christians and Big Brother

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 6Borders

If I recall correctly, the Bible entered the BB House with Nathan (alliance with Danielle Reyes) in BB3.

He asked and BB didn't say no because they could not think of any good reason to deny it.

In BB4 Alison Irwin used it as a game manipulation, cozying up with Nate and pretending to be interested in

reading it and learning about it so he would use the POV on her (which the idiot did). Dan also used it

as a game manipulation (as well as his fathr's or grandfather's cross).

Just another bit of BB trivia: the only song they are allowed to sing is Star Spangled Banner.

If I recall correctly, the Bible entered the BB House with Nathan (alliance with Danielle Reyes) in BB3.

He asked and BB didn't say no because they could not think of any good reason to deny it.

In BB4 Alison Irwin used it as a game manipulation, cozying up with Nate and pretending to be interested in

reading it and learning about it so he would use the POV on her (which the idiot did). Dan also used it

as a game manipulation (as well as his fathr's or grandfather's cross).

Just another bit of BB trivia: the only song they are allowed to sing is Star Spangled Banner.

I seem to recall them being able to sing "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow". At least they did it one time.

Guest 6Borders

I seem to recall them being able to sing "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow". At least they did it one time.

I think BB ended up paying on that one, same as Happy Birthday (but then I could be wrong)

Dan never used his religion. The rest of the house tried to use it against him but if you go back and watch, he himself never used it.

No, I think the poster meant he used the Bible. I remember he used it as a prop in his funeral. I found it quite amusing, but apparently some take that sort of thing seriously. :lol2:

Swear on the Bible...... swear on your kids...... swear on your wife/husband...... swear on your cross around your neck....

If someone asked me to swear on something, I would swear. But they would have a ton of bleeping to do.......

:lol2::animated_rotfl:

I have not commented on this thread before

I just want to say I don't care if a person is a Christian or atheist or whatever faith. I don't judge.

I consider myself a Christian or maybe I am just very spiritual. I don't read the Bible and I don't go to church.

I do find some of the Jocasta scenes comical but I am sure she will be hurt to know we are laughing at her..... Ya just can't help it though. :lipsrsealed2:

Guest 6Borders

In the coaches season Dan did use both the Bible and the cross or rosary belonging to

either his father or grandfather in making a deal. There was a lot of speculation at the

time as to whether or not Dan actually put his hand on the Bible or just referred to it, but the

manipulation via faith message was clear to many. Just another good reason why it should

not be in the BB house/game!

In the coaches season Dan did use both the Bible and the cross or rosary belonging to

either his father or grandfather in making a deal. There was a lot of speculation at the

time as to whether or not Dan actually put his hand on the Bible or just referred to it, but the

manipulation via faith message was clear to many. Just another good reason why it should

not be in the BB house/game!

Didn't James swear on the bible?

I'm thinking they have to allow other faith books, since they let the Bible in there. That would have a discrimination lawsuit written all over it. Although I maintain it is discriminatory anyway....

I wish they had a hardcore athiest in there with Jocasta. That would make for some great TV.

To allow that BOOK and not any other type ( comic books, joke books, you get the picture ) is discriminating against NON-religious people.

period

Give me 60 seconds with her...

Guest 6Borders

What do agnostics and athiests get to read? Can I just claim that any old book is my bible and then I can spend the summer reading it?

I always thought about that too: if I said I belonged to The Church of Western Authors and Zane Grey was

my Prophet I should be able to bring all of his books with me to the BB House...or The Church of Our Lady

of Negotiable Virture some guy could bring in a stack of Playboys. In today's beyond PC world, one could

seriously make a case for bringing in what they wanted.

I always thought about that too: if I said I belonged to The Church of Western Authors and Zane Grey was

my Prophet I should be able to bring all of his books with me to the BB House...or The Church of Our Lady

of Negotiable Virture some guy could bring in a stack of Playboys. In today's beyond PC world, one could

The COLNV - They have meet and greets Tuesday nights.

LOL I love your book titles.

Guest 6Borders

The COLNV - They have meet and greets Tuesday nights.

No, sadly due to budget cuts they only meet between 2:01 and 2:01-1/2 am, every third Tuesday,

except when said Tuesday between those seconds falls on a holiday or a Sunday, in which case they don't meet but say they did!

However, the good news is you can catch Mr. Stupid-Pect-Stupid 24/7 when your TV is off, your service is

cancelled, otherwise interrupted, or you are having technical difficulties beyond anything you care to control

and BB has not charged you additional $ for your feeds!