Christians and Big Brother

First of all, I am a Christian.

I do not believe that the Almighty, will help, assist, answer a prayer, to any player that plays the game of Big Brother.

So, Jocasta, knock it off with the babble you would call, "Speaking in Tongues." That is just attention getting, camera time you're hoping will inrease the money funneling into your "church."

God can pick off the fakes too. It's not hard.

Can't wait until you are voted out of the house.

What would Jesus do? Not play the game of Big Brother!

Flame away! Pull no punches.

-The Mighty Yorto has Spoken!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think God is all that interested in the game of BB either. Mankind has so many other more serious problems needing the attention of God, I can't imagine that he is that worried about who is put on the block, who goes home, etc. Same with sporting events (football, basketball, etc)

I don't have a problem with them having Bibles to read though. Just like I didn't have a problem with Kaysar praying all those times each day. If a person has faith, by all means I think they should be allowed to practice it.

I personally don't believe in some sky daddy.

And with 20,000 kids dying PER DAY of starvation it's a ridiculous concept.

I would DEMAND equal book-time.

god_delusion.jpg

ITA

Bottom line is that I really don't care what people believe. What I do care about is when someone else's beliefs infringe on my life, unfortunately, that is all too prevalent in the world. What I especially don't like is filling an entertainment show with religious extremist. which seems to be the theme of BB this year.

How about no books at all? They don't need a bible to practice their faith. They can still pray without one.

I just don't get why it's allowed. It's not like it makes for great live feeds or TV.

Exactly! Most Christians don't even pick up a Bible most of the time. I"m a non-practicing of organized Catholicism - in other words, I'm Catholic because I received all the sacraments of the faith but I don't need the middle man. I pray everyday. I say novenas. I don't need a book. Or judgmental people.......

And that was heat stroke again for Jocasta - not speaking in tongues... She's not even a good reality TV actress.

KissesinVA,

I'm 100% like you. I don't need a middle man to pray or ask for forgiveness.

Google, the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Very interesting read, and it pokes fun at organized religion.

I'm really not sure what Jocosta was babbling. Was it heat stroke causing that jibberish?

It's a crutch used for those HG who don't want to be bothered: "I can't talk shop now, I'm reviewing a psalm."

It comes in handy for those who need to swear on something other than family members and prove themselves true.

How can anyone ever doubt a bible belter in the BB house? That would be blasphemy.

KissesinVA,

I'm 100% like you. I don't need a middle man to pray or ask for forgiveness.

Google, the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Very interesting read, and it pokes fun at organized religion.

I'm really not sure what Jocosta was babbling. Was it heat stroke causing that jibberish?

Thanks! I'll check it out. I like to read and learn about other religions. I just don't like the way people behave in the name of religion.

Jocasta can pray, read the Bible and speak in tongue at will. If BB didn't approve of it, they would ban Christians from being on the show. Imagine the can of worms that would open. I don't believe God is in BB, sports nor game show wins, because he loves us all, and not just Christians. I'm not disturbed or angry by Jocasta's expression of faith however. If people in the BB house can act like a fool at any given time, then why can't this woman do something decent and good without being bashed? Atheists don't believe in God, and that is there will, but don't knock those who do believe in him either. And instead of being angry at God for not feeding the hungry, ask why the hungry won't feed themselves, when he has made food plentiful on the earth. Sickness and random violence will always be rampant here, but God has given us ways to cope with that. That is his gift.

Jocasta can pray, read the Bible and speak in tongue at will. If BB didn't approve of it, they would ban Christians from being on the show. Imagine the can of worms that would open. I don't believe God is in BB, sports nor game show wins, because he loves us all, and not just Christians. I'm not disturbed or angry by Jocasta's expression of faith however. If people in the BB house can act like a fool at any given time, then why can't this woman do something decent and good without being bashed? Atheists don't believe in God, and that is there will, but don't knock those who do believe in him either. And instead of being angry at God for not feeding the hungry, ask why the hungry won't feed themselves, when he has made food plentiful on the earth. Sickness and random violence will always be rampant here, but God has given us ways to cope with that. That is his gift.

BARF.. you can't help the brainwashed...

I think religion and gods are BS so it gives me much delight to shred HG's that bring that disease into the BBH. I'll also pick on Victoria's spending 2 hours a day on makeup and dry humping people.. Nicole's whiney voice, Caleb's stalker mentality...

It's a free-ISH country.

I guess these kids didn't get the memo on coping. Silly kids. Better question, let's ask why some god made man in his image only to kill him and blah blah bs bs bs stupid.. silly.. eyeroll

starving-child-5.jpg

I don't see why anyone would care that there is a Bible in the house - no one is focing the houseguests to read it or even acknowledge it - it is simply there - to me Jocasta is a drama queen - some drama queens use fashion choices for attention, music, or trashing other people - Jocasta uses her faith - for me personally, I don't like the way she presents it - for me, my faith is quiet, something I carry with me - I think she behaves this way solely for the drama, not her faith - what I especially don't like is when others watch Jocasta's actions and blame a belief in God for it - one has nothing to do with the other - one of my favorite quotes regarding God comes not from the Bible, but from a movie - it is from the movie Evan Almighty - this is the quote -

"Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them opportunities to love each other?"

Believe or do not - it is an individual choice and one person's antics do not in any way represent all who believe, just as it does not in any represent those who do not believe - look at the person not faith or lack of it - Jocasta could just as easily be raving about aliens or vampires - its the ranting that is the drama - she just happens to be using faith -