Caleb Reynolds (Week 5)

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize if this has been said........

Caleb is not used to not getting his way. This whole Amber thing is because he probably has not heard the word "no".

And this stuff that you are all talking about with his father..... His father was all over social media and message boards "defending" Caleb. But here is Caleb talking about not having much contact with him. Doesn't that make some of you wonder what his father's motivation was/is?

As a parent, I can unequivocably state that his father's motivation is that Caleb is his son. Whether Caleb feels close to his father or not... Parents want to protect their children.

And yes, I think Caleb has a good heart overall but he needs to learn to respect women.... As EQUALS.... Not as a weak creature.

It's sorta heartbreaking that he feels so bad for what he has done. :crybaby: If only she would have come running to him and not the girls! :disgust:

He is going to be in "beast-mode" come next HOH and will win it to revenge his queen. Zach and Nicole better watch out!

OMG since Amber went up Beast Mode Cowboy has been trying to save his Queen.

I don't think Caleb or Amber will stop the campaigning for one second until she goes out the door.

Talking to Hayden last night Caleb is convinced that Amber has a crush on him but she had a past experience that makes her guarded.

Long time fan, first time poster on these boards. . .

Honestly, it was Caleb that made me decide to set up an account and throw in my .02

What I think is really bothersome is that he seems to try to keep himself under control while Amber keeps her distance. It worries me to think that if she atually was into him, that he would want full control of her comings and goings, etc. He doesnt strike me as the type to just say "hey babe, have a great day whatever your going to do today, talk to you tonight!". Its like he is trying to not let loose bc he knows he doesnt have her yet. If he did, I think he would be terrifying. He doesnt want an independant woman like her. He wants her, and he wants to bend her to his will. That is the kind of man that raises the red flags for me.

In addition to that, even though I dont particulary care for Amber--I cant help but feel like she got a pretty raw deal from Day 1, and it was all because of him. She never had a chance to play her own game, because fromt he moment he saw her, he decided that he was playing her game for her. If she rises up at any point and tells him to back off--he would make sure to get her out. But she is clearly uncomfortable around him. Basically I see it as ROCK--amber--HARD PLACE

I just feel like eveyrone else in the house got a fair shot to play their game any way they chose, and she has had an extra obstical to contend with. Sadly for her, I hope she gets out before Jury, because even though she would get more money for Jury, I think he would follow her straight in and bully her there as well.

Cellerdoor - Welcome to Morty's

Good post and I love your rational opinion. :daisy:

Thank you! I've watched BB since Evel Dicks season (had been a poster on a board with him which is how I gateway'd to BB) but just finaly got the itch to start interacting. But I've read Mortys page since I started BB and I have always appreciated all of the updates.

Guest 6Borders

Long time fan, first time poster on these boards. . .

Honestly, it was Caleb that made me decide to set up an account and throw in my .02

What I think is really bothersome is that he seems to try to keep himself under control while Amber keeps her distance. It worries me to think that if she atually was into him, that he would want full control of her comings and goings, etc. He doesnt strike me as the type to just say "hey babe, have a great day whatever your going to do today, talk to you tonight!". Its like he is trying to not let loose bc he knows he doesnt have her yet. If he did, I think he would be terrifying. He doesnt want an independant woman like her. He wants her, and he wants to bend her to his will. That is the kind of man that raises the red flags for me.

In addition to that, even though I dont particulary care for Amber--I cant help but feel like she got a pretty raw deal from Day 1, and it was all because of him. She never had a chance to play her own game, because fromt he moment he saw her, he decided that he was playing her game for her. If she rises up at any point and tells him to back off--he would make sure to get her out. But she is clearly uncomfortable around him. Basically I see it as ROCK--amber--HARD PLACE

I just feel like eveyrone else in the house got a fair shot to play their game any way they chose, and she has had an extra obstical to contend with. Sadly for her, I hope she gets out before Jury, because even though she would get more money for Jury, I think he would follow her straight in and bully her there as well.

Welcome to the forum!

I agree, I think Amber got a raw deal because she's probably never dealt with anyone as looney tunes

as Caleb (God forbid anyone should have had that experience) but then again, it is the BB game and she's

not obviously equiped to deal with it.

I don't really think Caleb is keeping himself under control, other than he kind of has to because of the 24/7

by BB. I think he is trying to do what I suspect he does in real life is go person-to-person and spin his

side of the story so it eventually comes out that he was not into the girl, he dumped her, she had a BF and

he's too much of a gentleman to step on someone else's relationship...etc. etc., basically anything to keep

Caleb's ego and rep in tact. It's just not working in the BB House and with America and he just can't get it.

Since his housemates think he's full of it, I would suspect a lot of his friends do too but just don't say anything, so Caleb keeps living in his fantasy world that girls (his word "ho's") are lining up to be with him.

I went back and read his bio again and there are a lot of creepy things in it that show his ego right off the bat.

WELCOME CELLARDOOR :animated_wave: Great posts and thanks for putting some of my thoughts in there :animated_bouncy: I too feel if Amber had been left alone by the DingBat Cowboy we might of seen entirely different game play. Like your Rock/Amber/Hardplace.....spot on!!!

Kind of hard in the square footage they are living in to run and hide from him.......

So psycho douche goes into psycho-beast mode and at one point stands silently for a given time staring from inside the BBH at the other HG's who're outside.

Derrick slides the door open and jumps because he's nose to nose with psycho.

Psycho makes Derrick push AROUND him to get in.

Derrick should've elbowed him HARD in the head and dropped him.

Don't tell me he's not nuts or that daddy loves him.

Dude's certified and that loving daddy should've had him encased in a straight jacket years ago.

No way this is this psycho cowboys FIRST mental rodeo.

Totally predictable. He set up her eviction, wanted her to grovel for his rescue, became irate when she didn't do it, and now wants to turn it all around. He should have been back-doored this week instead of Amber, simply for being so emotionally bankrupt.

I don't particularly care about amber or caleb; one way or the other. Some of you do care about one or the other and that is pretty obvious.

Amber should have shut him down at the very beginning but probably didn't because she didn't realize that he is a total ass. I dunno. He is, though, a total ass; no matter how you cut it and somebody mentioned - probably lamasquerade - that the great shame is that amber and caleb could have been a good team. I agree.

One thing's for sure.........they both suck-up attention like a sponge.

Okay here is my 2 cents. Amber should have told him she NO from the begining but she didn't because she was using him to further her game. Now she keeps giving him false hope because she comes up with a bs story yesterday of past relationships because she is trying to save herself. If she truly felt threatened I am sure she would have mentioned it to the producers. He is living in a fantasy world and I am sure he will get a reality check when he leaves the house.

...even though I dont particulary care for Amber--I cant help but feel like she got a pretty raw deal from Day 1, and it was all because of him. She never had a chance to play her own game, because fromt he moment he saw her, he decided that he was playing her game for her. If she rises up at any point and tells him to back off--he would make sure to get her out. But she is clearly uncomfortable around him. Basically I see it as ROCK--amber--HARD PLACE

My thoughts exactly.

---------

I absolutely do not agree w/ those that think Amber in any way encouraged or led that disturbing creep on. It's completely natural for a bunch of virile 20-somethings, strangers, about to embark on an adventure together that makes them immediately intimate, at least by captive proximity, to languish in surface level sexual tension in the opening days. That Caleb was unable to navigate through that and level out is not Amber's fault. And even if she was excessively flirty in the early days before we saw them, she clearly reeled it in because I sure don't see anything that resembles her egging him on. Her participation in this relationship appears even less necessary than Nick's was w/ GM.

I think his attentions obviously made her uncomfortable enough to inhibit her from using it to her game advantage. Though, I'm not sure that's the kind of game she would want to play anyway.

She now sees even more clearly that she can't win w/ this guy by simply being nice and cordial, but is also still in the house and game and searching for a way to hold on for another week.

She's pushing back more and being more stern and hostile to him. And of course, creepy Caleb giggles and acts as if it's just the 1st disagreement between him and his little princess. Shiver

I get the rest of the house being into sending her home Thursday. I get it. She is there to play. Despite, what I'm sure they all acknowledge as a horrifying situation for her, she continues to compete and game. Caleb on the other hand is on another planet and has absolutely NO idea what is going on. I think Victoria might have a better handle on the workings of the house than he does!

I just wish one of them would have the heart to tell her it's a done deal and give her the opportunity to finish out her days in the house w/out having to spend them campaigning with friggin Caleb.

Hell, it might even be an advantage to the rest of the house. If she were to really lay into Caleb, he might just self-evict or in some other way go bonkers and make it even easier to get him out. (not that i think it will be all that difficult anyway...)

as far as people trying to tell Amber the truth many of them tired at first. She talked to them all individually and went on and on driving them crazy. I think it is easier for them to say maybe or that she is safe. We will see in the next few days.

Caleb was doing the same thing for hours yesterday. I think the Caleb / Amber tag team exhausted them.

At the end of the day I think Caleb will flip out if the vote is 8-1. For that reason, at the end of the day, I think the others will juggle the votes so it's 7-2 or 6-3. Then each can claim they voted for her to stay. That's my prediction at the end of the day.

Surely he is a psycho, but the others have fueled that fire many times.

She was part of the original alliance yet no one in that alliance is questioning this? Yes, next time it will be one of the others.

BTW, I believe that Zach isn't wrapped all that tight either.

At the end of the day I think Caleb will flip out if the vote is 8-1. For that reason, at the end of the day, I think the others will juggle the votes so it's 7-2 or 6-3. Then each can claim they voted for her to stay. That's my prediction at the end of the day.

IF Derrick and Cody really want to work it, they could throw in the hinky votes and reel Caleb in. All the guys in the alliance are getting ready to turn on the others.

He got her to run to him though. He even got to hug her in the kitchen. He is so creepy and so annoying that I have to wonder how the people listen to him and don't tell him to SHUT UP for Gosh sakes. I want to scream when he talks. Frankis borderline tells him he's crazy which is funny.

Surely he is a psycho, but the others have fueled that fire many times.

She was part of the original alliance yet no one in that alliance is questioning this? Yes, next time it will be one of the others.

BTW, I believe that Zach isn't wrapped all that tight either.

At least with Zachy they won't need to hide the knives.