Donny Thompson (Week 5) -Team America

I don't get it. Sure, Donny is a nice guy. But BB is not about nice. It's about getting every other person out of the house in whatever way possible so that you are the last person standing. Nice just isn't very entertaining on BB. I wouldn't spend any time watching a dhow full of Donnys.

I'm with you on that!!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get the Donny love anymore. He's mad at Frankie and Derrick for not aligning with him, while telling Hayden that he's going to put them on the block should he win an HoH. He's a hypocrite imo, and I'm still ticked off at him for not giving Devin the save over Jo. Then says I did it cause it'll look good on TV. :disgust:

I would rather watch a season of Donny's then what I have been given to watch the last 2 years. The women this year are the worst. Nicole and Christine are afraid that Brittany will win HOH and put them up really????????? That would require her to win a competition which she has not done nor do I think she would have won anything. The guys this season must have lost a few brain cells when they entered the big brother house. They formed an all house alliance and are now trying to hide it from the 4 people that have been left out of the alliance. Gee lets see the same people have been on the block there is not much to figure out here. Even Victoria has it figured out. I love Donny is he going to win Big Brother probably not but I would rather listen to him making annoying noises with his mouth than Frankie who is dancing around the yard and singing like he is a broadway star and trash talking everyone because that worked for Andy last year or to Caleb talk about a date that will never happen. I will say the guys entered with more brain cells than the women since they have no problem watching one get evicted each week. I bet I could quit watching after this eviction and tune in on next Friday and to no surprise Jocasta will probably have been eliminated. It has become predictable and boring.

I don't get it. Sure, Donny is a nice guy. But BB is not about nice. It's about getting every other person out of the house in whatever way possible so that you are the last person standing. Nice just isn't very entertaining on BB. I wouldn't spend any time watching a dhow full of Donnys.

I don't get it either. He is nice, but that isn't what this game is about and he lacks any sort of strategic coherency to make him a truly interesting player. If there was a season full of Donny's, I don't think I could last an episode and the show would be well on its way to cancellation.

He would make a lovely neighbour or friend, but I don't watch TV to find good neighbours or friends. ;)

I'm not going to argue with you regarding the stupidity of the girls. At the same time, Donny wouldn't know anything had it not been for Devin. Neither would Brittany or Jocasta. Because they were blindly floating and not even trying to make a serious alignment with anyone. That is BAD game play. They had an opportunity to band together the "other side" of the house and failed. They could get the bottom of the other alliance to flip, but they refuse to because of personality problems. Donny could become the brains of a new alliance but he is failing to use his knowledge and put it to good work. I just can't root for bad gameplay.

I'm not going to argue with you regarding the stupidity of the girls. At the same time, Donny wouldn't know anything had it not been for Devin. Neither would Brittany or Jocasta. Because they were blindly floating and not even trying to make a serious alignment with anyone. That is BAD game play. They had an opportunity to band together the "other side" of the house and failed. They could get the bottom of the other alliance to flip, but they refuse to because of personality problems. Donny could become the brains of a new alliance but he is failing to use his knowledge and put it to good work. I just can't root for bad gameplay.

Nobody is arguing you are entitled to what you like and so am I. I do not like to watch one group which happens in this case to be most of the house keep winning I would rather see it even out which rarely happens on big brother. I think most of these people on this cast on clueless but I do not believe Donny is one of those people. When he went into the house they all said the first group in the house were going to stick together and then Devin wanted a side alliance and approached Donny. Well we all saw how that played out. I personally don't feel he is playing a bad game but that is just me. I am not sure that he could have put an alliance together because the house alliance seems to want to stick it out together no matter where they fall in that alliance. Right now none of them are going to be on the block or going home so they have about 4 weeks to not have to worry.

Yes, this post exactly.

He got what he deserved when he used that POV on Jocasta.

And yes, it's nice to have good people in the house for a change, but why can't they be nice and smart about game play at the same time?

Honestly, it appears to me that they are all more interested in making a career out of reality TV than they are about winning this game.

Even if Donny was to win HoH, it is highly unlikely that the other HoH would be someone not in the majority alliance. This puts Donny in the situation that he needs weak people in the BotB just to stay HoH. This only gives him the choice of Nicole, Amber or Christine, who would go against Victoria and Jocasta. His odds don't look good at staying HoH. At this point, It will be pretty hard for the outsiders to save themselves from being picked off week by week.

The only way I can quote is to right click on the quote button on the post I want to quote and then click open on the droop down. It will go to the more reply options page with the quote. Haven't figured out how to copy/paste yet.

The only reason Donny wasn't (isn't) part of the Bomb Squad (and it's lingering effect) ... is because he didn't 'happen' to

be in the room at the time it was formed.

The other HGs are fighting a losing battle to remain in the game.

.... and the girls being as wimpy as they are - haven't helped matters.

Thanks, kat, for the quote heads-up.. I agree, slowpoke, that Donny would be part of the alliance had he been in the room. :daisy:

I like Donny. I think that BB needs to address the large alliance deal and somehow (if possible) prevent it happening because it makes for one boring season. I don't have an answer. I agree with Janis that you could watch only a small portion of the shows and pretty much know what to expect when you pick it up again.

Guest 6Borders

I'm still a Donny Fan. I still think he has a game plan in mind

and I hope he stays long enough for us to see it.

I'm still a Donny Fan. I still think he has a game plan in mind

and I hope he stays long enough for us to see it.

I agree I hope he wins HOH this week really hoping. If not it will be the same people on the block except this time they swear they are going to backdoor Caleb we will see.

I really like watching Donny, am I a "fan" not really, but I do hope he wins "Lone HOH" so we can watch him scramble the house hamsters :) Should make for exciting feed watching (if only mine worked..sigh) and great update reports!!

Brit and Donny talking about what holidays, etc they missed at time they started BB.

Donny said he missed Father's Day. He thinks he got his Dad a bag of Fire Ant Killer :smartass2:

Just FYI......

10557178_336515253170236_342527662372399

Is he alienating himself or are they shunning him? He hardly talks and always sits with the girls. They'll ask everyone around him if they would like to eat something, but not him. I feel bad for him that he may feel so isolated, but he doesn't do anything to help himself. He screwed himself from the beginning.

The way I see it , it is hopeless for Donny, unless Brittany does go home and the 2 HOH twist is over. Then Donny could win HOH and put up Derrick and Cody just like he said he would, but he could only send one of them home. However, it will be open season on Donny as he has to sit out the next HOH. He could get satisfaction for sending one of them home but that is all. His days in the house would be seriously numbered.

Now if Donny becomes HOH while the 2 HOH twist is still in effect, Donny's only chance would be that the other HOH is someone not in the Detonators or the old Bomb Squad who would be willing to put up stronger players who could beat Derrick and Cody. Otherwise, Derrick and Cody could win and dethrone Donny, and be safe while Donny could be backdoored. But more than likely, the other HOH's noms would throw the comp to Derrick and Cody so that Donny would be backdoored if he doesn't win the Veto. Donny is not a spring chicken remember. Seriously, how many HOH's and Vetos can he really hope to win before being evicted?

The way I see it , it is hopeless for Donny, unless Brittany does go home and the 2 HOH twist is over. Then Donny could win HOH and put up Derrick and Cody just like he said he would, but he could only send one of them home. However, it will be open season on Donny as he has to sit out the next HOH. He could get satisfaction for sending one of them home but that is all. His days in the house would be seriously numbered.

Now if Donny becomes HOH while the 2 HOH twist is still in effect, Donny's only chance would be that the other HOH is someone not in the Detonators or the old Bomb Squad who would be willing to put up stronger players who could beat Derrick and Cody. Otherwise, Derrick and Cody could win and dethrone Donny, and be safe while Donny could be backdoored. But more than likely, the other HOH's noms would throw the comp to Derrick and Cody so that Donny would be backdoored if he doesn't win the Veto. Donny is not a spring chicken remember. Seriously, how many HOH's and Vetos can he really hope to win before being evicted?

I wouldn't mind seeing Derrick and Cody gone, so I hope your plan works out.