Dual HoH twist - (So you've just won HoH... what will YOU do?)

JEDI

A while back, I read an interview with Alison Grodner and Rich Meehan.

In it, I think they said that they mulled over this double-HoH twist for at least a few weeks (or months?), to work out the kinks, or something like that.

Well, I'm all for shaking up the game, as the predictability of the expected has made it seem like the floater strategy is a winning one, and made some of the viewers complain that it's gotten stale.

But isn't this twist going to do the opposite?

SO... if YOU win HoH, do you nominate 2 harmless nobodies, or 2 "huge threats", or 2 "competition beasts", etc?

Well, since your 2 nominees will be competing against the other HoH's 2 nominees in the Battle of the Block, with the HoH of the WINNING nominees being "dethroned", stripped of his safety and made eligible to become a possible PoV replacement nominee, how can it be in your best interest to nominate people who have a good chance of winning the Battle of the Block?

Your best interest would be better served by selecting 2 nominees who have a poorer chance of winning the Battle of the Block than the other HoH's nominees.

Caleb seems to have understood this right away, as immediately following Julie Chen's announcement about the twist, he asked the question "who wants to lose for me?" out loud, while still sitting with everyone in the living room.

Does this mean that we will be seeing the physically weaker, less-of-a-perceived-competition-threat players being initial nominees, week after week?

Ultimately, it will depend on the types of competitions used in the Battle of the Block.

They may always be physical, or mental, or random luck (a.k.a. "crap shoot"), or any mix of those, which will play a part in how future HoH's may think while selecting who to nominate.

But it seems to be implied that each pair of nominees will be working to win their safety as a team.

In any case, there is probably going to be more of an emphasis on using the Power of Veto to save someone and replace them with another player who is more of a physical threat, but it won't be something you can count on, naturally!

Those are my initial thoughts on the matter.

What are YOUR thoughts?

I like this new twist, it is interesting that the HoH has the impetus to vote out who was weak at the last competition to keep it impersonal and ensure that they lose to maintain the position of HoH. However, with the PoV the HoH has then to nominate what has to look like a back door candidate...as it appears Joey is it this first week. I think it ironic that she is America's secret and may be going out first.

No one might want to be HOH now, so we might see more competitions thrown.

hell they were throwing plenty before this :animated_bouncy:

Granted, the first couple of weeks they will be picking the HG they feel are weak so they can avoid placing a target on their back. As times goes on there will be several HG who are considered "strong" but will be a huge target to be backdoored so I think several of the alpha males/females will be a target early. I've already heard a lot of them want to get Caleb out of the game. After tonight's house meeting they will be going after Devin. IMO it will be players like Derrick and Cody who end up getting through to the end. They don't appear to be a threat to the other HG right now which is a real smart move on their part.

So I think this dual HOH will work on several different levels. It will definitely make them think things out a lot longer as far as who they select for eviction. They will also need to stay on pretty good terms with everybody in the house. Otherwise they are an easy target.

I also wonder if they will decide to pick another person for Team America when Joey gets evicted. There's nothing stopping them from still trying to get three players at the same time in the house. They seem to make up rules as they go along anyway so why not change that rule too? lol Just a thought...

Will the HOH ousted during the battle of the block be able to play in the next HOH competition?

I guess we will find out tonight!

(But I think that yes, as a dethroned HoH "returned to the pool of regular houseguests", they should be eligible. Still, until Julie tells us, no way to know for sure!)

Worst twist ever. Time-consuming and dumb. Just play the game and forget the twists and forget involving america in the game until it is time to pick a winner and then let america have a vote. Grodner and Meehan coming-up with a twist is like Will Farrell performing brain surgery through the nose which can be done but not by Will Farrell.

I agree, Slim. One thing that is really annoying is the whole have-not situation. Seems like they "don't have time" for a comp for it so the HoH decides who is a have-not. That will really suck for anyone who is out of favor with an HoH in back to back weeks. They would have no chance to save themselves from suffering for weeks at a time. And I have always hated the America's player/team crap. Let them cause their own havoc in the house and keep the stupid, useless schemes that BB comes up with out of the game.

Worst twist ever. Time-consuming and dumb. Just play the game and forget the twists and forget involving america in the game until it is time to pick a winner and then let america have a vote. Grodner and Meehan coming-up with a twist is like Will Farrell performing brain surgery through the nose which can be done but not by Will Farrell.

A lot of the twists come from other versions of BB. For example: the "America's Player" type twist was first used in the British version of BB.

I agree, Slim. One thing that is really annoying is the whole have-not situation. Seems like they "don't have time" for a comp for it so the HoH decides who is a have-not. That will really suck for anyone who is out of favor with an HoH in back to back weeks. They would have no chance to save themselves from suffering for weeks at a time. And I have always hated the America's player/team crap. Let them cause their own havoc in the house and keep the stupid, useless schemes that BB comes up with out of the game.

No time for have not comp? That's just crazy. I mean they had the Nomination ceremony in the middle of the night!

At the very least it should be determined by drawing rocks or something.

That is what one of the HGs (might have been Cody) told them when they came out of the DR. He said there wouldn't be time for a comp so once the BotB was done within the next couple of days the HoH would pick the have-nots. They were all relived that they would at least have a day or two before that happened. A couple of them have been kicking around the idea of volunteering. I'm sure if Devin gets the choice he will put Brittney on it.

No time for have not comp? That's just crazy. I mean they had the Nomination ceremony in the middle of the night!

At the very least it should be determined by drawing rocks or something.