Joey Van Pelt BB16 (Pre-season)

Guest 6Borders

Guest 6Borders

Joey Van Pelt

joeyvanpelt_bio.jpg

Hometown: Seattle, Wash.

Three adjectives that describe you: Adventurous, happy, sensitive and witty!

Favorite Activities: Hanging out with my friends and doing makeup for weddings and special events!

What do you think will be the most difficult part about living inside the Big Brother house: Not being able to poop because there are men in the house. I guess I won't be pooping for 3 months.

Do you have a strategy for winning Big Brother?: Be the nicest person to ever win the show.

Which past Big Brother cast member did you like most: GinaMarie is my favorite because she always had a great attitude.

What are you afraid of: I'm not telling!

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of: Coming to the conclusion that I'm a good person to others.

Finish this sentence: My life’s motto is… Go big or go home!

What would you take into the house and why: My cellphone for obvious reasons, a guitar so I have something to tame my ADHD and a laptop.

What would you do if “Big Brother” made you famous: Everything!

Joey was her high school’s mascot (a tiger), homecoming queen and senior class president. She has very liberal views, a strong stance on recycling and once even traveled the San Juan Islands helping terminally ill patients with end of life care.

Guest 6Borders

Oh Joy...she's going to run after everyone all summer about

recycling and bore everyone endless with politics!

Odd that she is supposedly very liberal and her favorite is gina marie zimmerman. Did I read that right? Apparently she was off "pooping" somewhere when gina marie was spending days crying and whining about the fantasy love with whats-his-face. Great attitude? No.

I don't know about this girl. Mascot, homecoming queen and class president. She apparently knows how to influence people. I will wait and see.

Telling us she is a Liberal means - I am a better person then everyone else and I have a big liberal heart.

Her comment to this question - Do you have a strategy for winning Big Brother?: Be the nicest person to ever win the show

That's what being a Liberal means? Good to know.

wants to be the nicest ever to win the show

good luck with that

usually when someone say that i automatically think they will be the opposite of that on the show

nicest is keyword for the biggest liar ever to be on the show...ha...ha

also for someone who is vying to be the nicest ever why would you like gina marie

that girl was nut-so :animated_bouncy:

I think you may be misinterpreting what she meant by "liberal". Fox News has turned it into a derisive term, but it can mean other things:

- favoring or permitting freedom of action, especially with respect to matters of personal belief or expression

- tolerant of other people

- giving and generous in temperament or behavior

Guest 6Borders

Loved her video...so different from her bio! She's got a BIG personality, seems super

confident and like she might be a lot of fun.

So far I think she, Nicole and Christine are my favorite women in the house!

I think you may be misinterpreting what she meant by "liberal". Fox News has turned it into a derisive term, but it can mean other things:

- favoring or permitting freedom of action, especially with respect to matters of personal belief or expression

- tolerant of other people

- giving and generous in temperament or behavior

Regardless of her meaning.. in this day and age people only throw political labels out there to headline their mode of thinking. I say sheeple covers them ALL. She will fit nicely with the bible queen.

sheeple.gif

Guest 6Borders

From her video, I like her. But I also liked Lydia from her video. :disappointed: I may not be a good judge of first impressions.

I was thinking the same thing after I saw the meet the HG's snippet. Said she brought every

color hair dye imaginable with her. Maybe she'll spruce up Donny's beard!!!

Right now I really like her but we shall see.

Joey quoted - from zap2it:

"I'm pretty liberal, so in my daily life that means a lot to me -- how I live, how I vote, I'm almost evangelistic about it because what I've seen in liberal views is that you vote for your community ... if there's someone that's really conservative in the house that is very much like this is the way things should be, it'll be hard for me to not say things," says Van Pelt.

I think that - if the quote is valid - Joey isn't about leaving grey areas as to her definition of liberal. I don't have an opinion of her except to reiterate that GIna Marie Zimmerman being her favorite raises red flags for me. Maybe she watched a different Season 15 than I.

She seems to have an ebullient personality. I'm thinking that Joey might be there awhile.

Wonder if she is related to Scott VP? :)

My gut feeling is that I would not like her in real life. I just get the impression from things I have read about her is that she is judgmental and intolerant of different views.

:mbabe:

but .... ya never know. You really find out once you see them in action in the house.

My gut feeling is that I would not like her in real life. I just get the impression from things I have read about her is that she is judgmental and intolerant of different views.

She said she only dates liberals.. :mbabe:

but .... ya never know. You really find out once you see them in action in the house.

So true. That, and it mostly doesn't matter what we think of them even after we see them in action in the house. What matters is how they see each other. Last season is the perfect example of WTH were they thinking?

I don't see why folks are getting upset about her calling herself a liberal.

Caleb talked about being a Republican. Christine and Jocasta talked about their religion. How is this any different?

For a lot of people, their political leanings are a big part of who they are, so why shouldn't they talk about them?