Caleb Reynolds BB16 (Pre-season)

Guest 6Borders

Misha, I think you have been very fair in your assessment of Caleb. You have told us of your experiences with him and how he acted with you and people you know and there is nothing wrong with you feeling that the guy you know never seemed to be the person that the internet is saying he is. I hope to read many more posts by you about him... well, maybe not that many more since I hope he doesn't stay too long, for reasons other than the whole blow up online.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Misha, I think you have been very fair in your assessment of Caleb. You have told us of your experiences with him and how he acted with you and people you know and there is nothing wrong with you feeling that the guy you know never seemed to be the person that the internet is saying he is. I hope to read many more posts by you about him... well, maybe not that many more since I hope he doesn't stay too long, for reasons other than the whole blow up online.

Thank you. I do appreciate that. I know I am walking a fine line here. Trust me, there is a part of me that hopes he is eliminated right away so the controversy will end before it gets worse. For his sake and his family.

Guest 6Borders

It seems like people are really going out of their way to defend this guy.

Oh btw, no one uses the "N" word, "fag" and other derogatory words and statements only one time. Most of the time, it's in the vocabulary.

I don't know this guy Caleb and I will probably never know him face-to-face or in any other situation, and judging by his bio and the interviews he gave and his dad's rush to defense on ridic issues like his son's height (red flag) I don't think I want to, and I am not rooting for him in Big Brother for anything but first out the door so we don't have another BB15 season, but I don't think anyone (except his dad) is going out of the way to defend him, at least here on Morty's.

Misha does/did know him and gave her bio which I thought was really well balanced on both sides (ie: temper; maybe came off as gay but not gay...). Papa Paul fired back on Misha about a few Thursday nights at some bar and don't judge my son.

I've only watched & chatted Big Brother since BB1 so not an expert here but this is a first for me, having a parent come on the forums and start this kind of defense (Amanda's dad just tweeted about how wonderful it was/would be to welcome McCrae into the family) and actually this kind of scares me as to the "social experiment" BB has become!

What scares me about Caleb (other than the Daddy Defense) is wanting to go to Iraq to hunt & kill "because I have been fighting my whole life" and moving to Texas to deploy faster. What impresses me about Caleb is that working as a prison guard is something he hated and detested but he got through it and didn't walk off his post!

The rest of the story is how he is in the BB House!!

All of this could have been avoided if the producers of the show DID THEIR JOB. It isn't too hard to find Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc... and they should have had somebody doing better background checks on these people. I had to laugh when I read that interview with Grodner and she said due to last year they now have a "heightened state of awareness" when it comes to the people they put in that house. Well, it must not have been too heightened because this was too easy to find.

I guess at this stage of the game they are going to follow through with him remaining a HG. I'm betting they hope this thing will completely go away after a few days but I wouldn't bet on it myself.

We've not seen him make any unseemly remarks within the confines of Big Brother; have we? I only watched a tiny portion of his (or any) interview; admittedly, so I could well be wrong. I don't recall reading here that he has made inappropriate statements in BB interviews other than silly stuff. My point being the obvious; that his fellow house guests might not be privy to any of his social networking and will judge him on how he acts in the house.

I am curious to see what Caleb is about. Until I see that for myself; I will reserve judgment. Fact is, he might be the first person evicted; for reasons having nothing to do with controversial subjects discussed here and then it will all be much ado about nothing and as always, if the man has those convictions in his heart then he will have to find his own answers.

Ciao.

Eh, everybody has dirty hands. Every poster too. And look at Chicago Jeff's homophobic remark. Glossed over and he is lil mister interviewer now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9SHQgwee3A

OMG - I don't think stupid words said ever make a person racist, homophobic and bigots.

You should hear the way my nephews talk every day with their black, gay friends and they use the language but they are NOT any of those things.

Way too much PC and people dissecting every word said.

I really hope this forum does not turn into what it did last year.

Oh and my hands are very clean.

* and to add I think Jeff is Catholic and for years we had scandal after scandal in the church with Priests molesting boys for years. That may be what popped in his mind. He has never ever shown any indications that he is homophobic.

OMG - I don't think stupid words said ever make a person racist, homophobic and bigots.

You should hear the way my nephews talk every day with their black, gay friends and they use the language but they are NOT any of those things.

* and to add I think Jeff is Catholic and for years we had scandal after scandal in the church with Priests molesting boys for years. That may be what popped in his mind. He has never ever shown any indications that he is homophobic.

So, you think he should be evicted so you don't have to read about homophobic and racist remarks, yet ok for you to throw the Catholic Church into the mix? Strange.

BTW, it was Mischa who wrote in an earlier post that he "will be okay, if he doesn't make any homophobic or racist remarks." So, a whole new can of worms was opened right there.

I actually enjoyed the video interview with beak nose because the comments made were dead on. What Caleb needs most is an education.

Right, it's not like he called anyone a fat old hag.

Eh, everybody has dirty hands. Every poster too. And look at Chicago Jeff's homophobic remark. Glossed over and he is lil mister interviewer now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9SHQgwee3A

It's not what is said that matters, but who said it! Some people can say what they want and walk away with clean hands, others lose their jobs for it.

This topic is the best and just what I was hoping for in what might otherwise be a dull season.

So the video on the link cuts off before the end of the interview that I just watched on TV. Is it wrong that I'm kinda crushing on Blake? I may be married but what a cutie.

So my feelings after watching that... I will still be watching closely to Big Brother to see if his family is right regarding his character but at least now I know it wasn't a hoax. Regardless, Caleb needs to apologize for the use of hate speech in a political rant. I said I'd be honest and that is how I feel. And yes, if he were standing right in front of me, I would be lecturing him and telling him how disappointed I am in his use of words. I understand that those words were used right after he came back from Iraq but if you can't make your point without resorting to name calling.....

At the same time, I don't necessarily think he is a racist or a homophobe but it does open the door to the possibility. Big Brother is a magnifying glass and his character under pressure will be revealed.

Case in point... if someone likes a HG they might either excuse their behavior or be blind to it. Jeff was just a random example.. I didn't like him because he was a condecending asshat to his supposed gf.. not due to THIS.

Personally I don't get my bloomers too knotted over such things but others do. as the world turns............

All I know is that I can hardly wait to see this guy come through that BB door and interact with those people. I don't recall ever a build-up pre-season for any houseguest as I have seen for caleb reynolds. Should be interesting. Or maybe not.

Did anyone see the new backyard pictures? Caleb's is hilarious, he's in long pink shorts with cowboy boots and knee socks! It looks so funny!

I think it's safe to say he's not much of a style guru! Unless you like that look!

Did anyone see the new backyard pictures? Caleb's is hilarious, he's in long pink shorts with cowboy boots and knee socks! It looks so funny!

I think it's safe to say he's not much of a style guru! Unless you like that look!

I am willing to bet MONEY that he did NOT assemble that look. LOL. Not a chance!!

Looking forward to see how he interacts with the rest of the cast. He is a little different.

I do respect his service and his tour in Afghanistan.

While I respect those who join the military to serve their country, based on his interview with Ryan and Rachel (and his anti-Islamic bigotry), I think its pretty clear that Caleb joined up because he wanted to kill some Muslims -- and was disappointed when he wasn't assigned to some "cool convoy ops kind of stuff". Instead, he "didn't like his assignment 'cause I was working with these people face-to-face".

In other words, Caleb thought that war was like a video game where he would be able to shed lots of blood doing "cool ops", and wound up whining about his deployment because he was required to treat Muslims like human beings.

IMHO, that is not service worthy of respect. Indeed, Caleb comes off as precisely the kind of person for whom the phrase "Ugly American" was coined.

I am willing to bet MONEY that he did NOT assemble that look. LOL. Not a chance!!

I predict that

1) caleb moves to Los Angeles after BB

2) he comes out of the closet within a year after moving to LA

3) he is arrested on a domestic violence complaint two years later

Basically, the Drew Daniel arc.

Looking forward to see how he interacts with the rest of the cast. He is a little different.

Tonights the night!! And the live feeds will be on finally... Yay!!!

here is a better link to the TMZ piece on Caleb

http://www.tmz.com/2014/06/25/big-brother-caleb-reynolds-racist/

his father's defense actually manages to discredit Caleb even more -- it shows us precisely where Caleb learned his bigotry.

And Mischa -- you're right about Blake being kinda hot! ;)

That website didn't include them doing a test for Blake where he had to name a former houseguest and Blake said, "judd.... J-U-Double D"... LOL. It was so freaking adorable.

They need to have Blake be the spokesperson for the family. Paul (sorry Paul but its true) came across as the angry papa bear. Any parent would be! I would.