BB16 Rumors: Like or Don't like?

bbjag

I suppose you think the quiz show "Twenty One" cheating scandal of the 1950's was ok as long as Herb Stemple was eliminated.

Sorry, nothing is worse than rigging the outcome. If BB was gonna end up with a lame winner, there is a flaw in either their casting or execution of the show.

Let's get this straight... There is no proof that any BB winner has ever been rigged as in the 1950s gameshow scandals. To rig a BB win, they would actually have to coerce the jury and keep them all silent about it. That would be very difficult and there is no proof that has ever happened. But BB is not a fair game. There is gonna be favoritism towards the popular players. There are going to be comps and twists that favor the players that are boosting the ratings to try to keep the show more entertaining. If the show is in danger of taking a major nosedive in viewership because the popular players (Jordan/Rachel) are on their way out the door, they might give them a twist and comp that favors them. That's not the same as secretly forcing their competitors to throw the challenge, which would be illegal under current gameshow regulations. I watch sports when I want to see fair competition. I watch BB just for the drama and entertaining characters and often I even find myself appreciating it when they give the entertaining personalities a helping hand. If you can't stand contestant favoritism I would not watch this show or any other competitive reality tv shows out there because almost all of them do this to some extent.

Here's the way I rationalize it: In addition to playing the social game to win allies and the physical game to win comps, they are also playing the unspoken popularity game to get viewers excited about them. Instead of allies and comp prizes, their reward for excelling at this is a little help now and then from "Big Brother". I think if they are receiving that help than they earned it by entertaining us or even being someone we love to hate. Just my perspective.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I still believe that the only reason Andy won was because they were all beat with the stupid stick and let him hang around and do his evilness pretty much openly by the end. He outplayed them; I guess. I don't know how else to look at it. I didn't like anybody on Season 15. Not a single one of them had a single redeeming quality, imo. I hated it. I absolutely hated those two dregs hanging in bed 24/7. Just hated it. Morty's had more action than the Big Brother House.

That said, It's their job to manipulate, I suppose. Nature of the beast? And.....as for bringing-back Rachel and Elissa; just please do not. The little bit I watched of Rachel and her "man," on AR this last outing absolutely did it for me. I have had enough of Rachel and that family.

I agree with Marty that the beauty queen/hooters aspect is not a necessary element. Not for me, anyway.

One thing I would very much like to see as part of each season is a show devoted to past houseguests; i.e., "where are they now?"

They are in place. The clock is ticking.

I've read in several places on the internet there are past house guests in sequester. There was a slew of twitter posts last night by former house guests and everybody was trying to figure out the "real" posts from "bait and switch" posts. There were a couple of tweets deleted within a half hour of their posting. BTW they are saying Jessie is one of the hgs because he was seen on the CBS lot recently.

Last year I enjoyed Big Brother Australia WAY more than BB USA...it can't be that hard to get new people to play this game...you check the various boards and social medias and 100's of fans would jump at the chance to play....CBS is just getting lazy in auditioning people...out with the old and in with the new....

I've read in several places on the internet there are past house guests in sequester. There was a slew of twitter posts last night by former house guests and everybody was trying to figure out the "real" posts from "bait and switch" posts. There were a couple of tweets deleted within a half hour of their posting. BTW they are saying Jessie is one of the hgs because he was seen on the CBS lot recently.

I've been reading similar stuff Moxie and the new rumor seems to be that this will be an All-Star season. One hint of this is that they just happened to make the first All-Stars season available on the CBS website recently. Also some past popular HGs have been posting some wierd stuff on Twitter lately. Matt Hoffman is suddenly off to Uganda? Ian Terry is suddenly packing up and moving to Houston along with some fake images that were quickly removed after being discovered? Robyn Kass, the BB casting director, posting various cast pictures, with the picture of the first all-star cast as her finale? HMMM...

I really would like a season where they could play without the "assistance" of the Diary Room. We all know they give hints and make suggestions to try to stir up paranoid houseguests! I think a season without that would be interesting.

I do prefer a group of unknown people but casting really likes to get people they know will create controversy. Evel Dick was good for ratings. All the idiots last season were good for ratings. And let's face it -- it is all about ratings for CBS.

Well the house pics, by ETCanada for a tease of next week, seems to point to Birds and Bees. At least HOH Bed is a birds Nest. So maybe it is showmances or something. Matt/Regan maybe lol

If they hadn't used so many ex-HGs in recent series the time would just about be right for an All Stars series, and though I'd prefer all newbies I think I could take an All Stars season as long as there is a guarantee that the next two seasons at least are all new people - and also nobody in this season has been in more than one previous season.

It would be good actually to kind of flip the usual twist and begin with 12 All Stars or so and then send in around 4 newbies to see how that impacts on things.

It would be good actually to kind of flip the usual twist and begin with 12 All Stars or so and then send in around 4 newbies to see how that impacts on things.

4 newbies with 12 all stars? they would eat them alive! (in my opinion) LOL

I saw the rumor of putting the players in pairs but they have to keep it secret -- I think they tried that once and it failed miserably the first couple of days!

Hi, someone said Dr. Will Heuser. But his name is Dr. Will Kirby

"It's Probably Me" "If the night turned cold and the stars looked down and you hug yourself on the cold cold ground"

Speaking of Will Heuser; I wouldn't mind him coming back.

I am just a fan of Big Brother and who they put in the house they put in. Besides the game play, I understand as well as a lot of others understand, they need to derive a TELEVISION SHOW, out of 90 days, of mostly drivel, fights over food, sleeping, popularity and every other prepubescent nonsense there is.

I only have TWO things are far as who is in the house. You either go all vets/returning players (Even if from another reality show) or all NEW cast. I just don't think its fair to mix, because there is an upper hand/experience factor for those who return. But also I think, if they returned first week evictees, it would not much matter, if you mixed them with newbies. The Diary room is apart of the game that is used to put up road blocks, cater to more popular players and also another obstacles. They may skew it one way, and there are multiple instances. However, it is another part of the game. Much like every competition, slop, sleeping arrangement. Finally for this thought, Grodners job is to develop an entertaining show, it is why some of the same players return or make an appearance. However, only TWO players have played THREE times Janelle & Boogie. Also some had not been back in 2-5 years, besides Rachelle and Jesse playing back to back. These people are entertaining, and re-casting them is good for ratings. If they can pull off the win then great,

Back to casting. Season 8, was all NEW players, we got a lot of great players, as well as a super-players in Evel Dick. Then Season 9, also all new players, and is the season everyone (from a production standpoint) would like to forget, not to mention just terrible, brainless game-play. Season 10 & 11, while not amazing, held their own, with Dan probably one of the top FIVE players ever coming out of 10. Then 11, while very entertaining, had a lot of just straight-up, dumb players, who could not get out of the rain. Then Season 12 was all new, was the most boring season, ever watching paint dry was more entertaining, even Rachel in that season, made my ears ache. Season 13 not awful, but not even close to good. The only good were the vets, those newbies, including producing the worst BB player ever Adam Poche. Season 14, I thought was great. But giving the coaches TWO lives, completely unfair. However, Ian made that whole twist irrelevant, by getting the win, and Dan had two lives, so who is to say if he gets to the finals, without the FREE PASS.. Season 15 all new, and they should have just put groundhogs in the house. No one had a brain to do anything on their own. The worst game play of any season, and could they have put any bigger lugs in the house?

I love reading all the rumors. Not sure if they are really rumors and not wish lists and guessing. I am just looking forward to another season of BB. Got live feeds, stocking up on frozen meals, and letting family, friends and bosses know that I may soon be off my game for a bit. Looking forward to interacting with everyone on here too. I know my opinion is safe on here. Even if you don't agree. See you in 10 days (or sooner)! !

Have we gotten any info on when the HG's names and Bios will be posted ?

Or - when they'll be showing pics of the House and it's changes ?

..... only 10 more days... come on, I'm getting pretty antsy

i must say i am pretty impressed how @cbs and crew have been able to keep this season under wraps

they really did a good job in not letting any information leak out

i wonder if that is ultimately a good or bad thing

letting some info leak out gets people talking and give a bit of jolt to the new season :animated_bouncy:

Welcome back uvp. BB at Morty's would not be the same without you. :cheers:

thank you Marty,

i say the same to you

we have both been coming here for over 9 years

we had our ups and down but still like a family we have made up and worked it out

hoping for a great season of big brother once again with all the kind folks that have been here together over the years and even the lurkers ha..ha... :animated_bouncy:

Yikes! It that the friend or sister of Kara that was rumored to be in the cast?

JMO but I really don't like the wanna be stars and models and playboy centerfolds.

I like the hard core gamers.