BB16 Rumors: Like or Don't like?

bbjag

http://www.mortystv.com/bb/

The main page at the top has a few rumors going around for the upcoming Big Brother season. I figured we could have a thread discussing the rumors. If you have a rumor share it here and we can discuss that rumor. As for the rumors posted on the main page I have to say the only one sounds interesting.

Rumor One: This rumor says that returning houseguests are coming back and then someone in their family will also be on the show. While it sounds interesting in some ways to have that I think it basically back handedly makes it a duo thing, because I cannot see where family will not stick up for family on the show. Say the rumor that Rachel and Elissa would do the show together is true, you would basically have a duo right there they are not going to go against each other no matter what, The same thing could be said for Dan and Chelsea (his wife) or Danielle and Dominic. To me it would make for a really boring season. Now if they wanted to do something like this have it where someone is brought in with an estranged family member maybe a mom, Dad, Aunt, Cousin, Brother, Sister who don't get along that could be interesting.

Rumor Two: This rumors says it is going to be a House of Winners which is the only one I woul dbe interested in seeing. First of all I can see major problems in getting back all the winners of the show and getting them all to agree to come back in the first place. This could be billed as the ultimate Big Brother where the winner is the basically the best Big Brother player ever.

Rumor Three: This one is the basic All-Stars which would be cool to see if the show hadn't brought back housguests in like every Big Brother except a select few the past few years. Frankly returning Houseguests are just getting really old and needs to stop, they really need to find new houseguests for a while and let people get old housguests out of their minds for once. The only way I would actually like this is if the show brings back all the first evictees and actually give them all a chance to compete for the prize. I would watch it because in many ways it really would be new Houseguests as they never really got a chance to compete fully of the prize.

In the end I would actually love to see the show not have any twists to start the season and let it be a true old school Big Brother with all new cast and everything.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering CBS's track record with BB/Survivor, I'm guessing they will bring at least one person back since these shows rarely go 2 seasons without returning players these days. Ideally, I'd like to see one season with returnees for every two fresh seasons but oh well. That said:

Rumor 1- I actually wouldn't mind seeing this. It would be very similar to Season 13 which I did enjoy as it's kind of fun being able to listen in on people who you know are telling the truth to each other to help get a sense of what is going on strategically and to watch them try to keep each other safe. Also, Survivor did that last season and it was actually pretty good. I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to see Frank and Sid on the show. I was a big wrestling fan as a kid back in the 80/90s and Sid Vicious was quite the icon of evil back then so the pure nerd in me would really like to see him although he doesn't seem like the type that would do a show like this in a million years. The rumor says Aaryn would be coming back? That practically invalidates it for me. After all the criticism CBS got for casting her in the first place, who in their right mind would think they'd bring her back?

Rumor 2- Almost not worth discussing because there just aren't enough winners that would be available and willing to do it. It would be awesome sure but not gonna happen. Maybe in a few more seasons when there are actually enough willing winners but even Survivor that has 25+ winners hasn't made this happen.

Rumor 3- One season not dominated by returning players does not merit an all-star season already. There are very few standout rookie players from the last few seasons that I'd want to see back. They need players that stir up the drama and there haven't been that many. Frank, Shelly, Andy, Amanda and Dominic are the only ones I can think of at the moment. Maybe in a couple seasons.

Anybody know when the live feed sign up will begin? The show is a month away...they should have something up any day. I read that the cast hasn't been chosen. That can't be true this close to air date.

After watching the last BB Australia, I hope BB US takes a hint and does EVERYTHING like Australia did. Fabulous concept! 100% better than what we get.

I would not like ANY returning players and if Rachel shows up, I don't know if I'll watch at all.

Are we going to be able to create our own chat rooms like last year?

Guest 6Borders

None of the above do I like!

1. Family members (aka Blood vs Water which Survivor is doing for the Ho-Hum 2nd time, and look how great (sarcasm) that was...apparently there is NO CBS originality)!! Since Rachel & Brendon didn't win Amazing Race (translated as she can't have babies because they didn't win) I would fully expect the Grodner-Adopted to be back, same with Jeff (I don't put a ring on her finger but as long as CBS pays us to do shows she will do what I say) & Jordan; Dani & Dom (anything for an easy paycheck)...and so it goes!!!

2. House of Winners...ridic enough (and easy enough) for Grodner to do it. "Winners" does NOT have to mean they won BB, it could mean they won the most HOH's or comps (remember when Grodner sprung "all new people" on us, except one was the Rachel sister ringer (who of course won MVP until it became so obvious that even Grodner could not sting that one out any longer).

#3. Unless they cannot really and truely get all NEW people (no relatives or ringers) I would be OK with a cast of all first evictees, since (other than Jodi or if you are related to a first evictee) nobody remembers them anyway.

I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that we are never going to see a season with all new people. Never. As much as I'd like to see a completely new cast, I've finally given up all hope.

That being said- since we are going to have returning cast members forced on us one way or another- I wouldn't mind seeing Rachel and Elissa together, as well as Frank and Sid Vicious.

Beyond that, don't really care. I just hope we get at least one or two new people.

No Frank and Sid Vicious, please! I don't think the two of them together have one functioning brain. I really don't want to see the same person comp whore their way through the game either when they're dumber than a bag of hair.

I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that we are never going to see a season with all new people. Never. As much as I'd like to see a completely new cast, I've finally given up all hope.

That being said- since we are going to have returning cast members forced on us one way or another- I wouldn't mind seeing Rachel and Elissa together, as well as Frank and Sid Vicious.

Beyond that, don't really care. I just hope we get at least one or two new people.

Did ya miss last season?

For sure this season the cast better watch every word they say. If you have any beliefs that are not PC then zip it or you will be hated and your name and family drug through the mud. You can't be pro-life, support gun ownership, and you must believe in global warming. You also must believe in income inequality and that rich people and corporations are evil. You must believe there is really a war on women and you MUST support Hillary Clinton for President.

Here is another helpful tool

http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Politically-Correct

2e3csv4.gif

For sure this season the cast better watch every word they say. If you have any beliefs that are not PC then zip it or you will be hated and your name and family drug through the mud. You can't be pro-life, support gun ownership, and you must believe in global warming. You also must believe in income inequality and that rich people and corporations are evil. You must believe there is really a war on women and you MUST support Hillary Clinton for President.

2e3csv4.gif

OMG I love this LOL..........

I would prefer all new houseguests but having said that after last year they probably feel more comfortable with old hgs. I don't hate Rachel or Elissa but I really don't want to have to spend 3 shows a week plus live feeds listening to her. I really do not want to see Frank back at all I wonder what he will whine about this year?????????? I definately do not want to see Dom and Danni back. Hopefully they are not going to be doing this but it is CBS. I cannot believe that they have open casting and online submissions and they can't find 16 people?????

I'm hoping for an all new cast, not another all-stars or even a mixed cast like BB14.. doesnt seem likely though.

If its family members of past HGs, I doubt I'll watch much of it.

Here's my wish list:

1 NO returning HGs

2 A few more older HGs,, (older than 35 )

3 some sort of twist where they have two separate houses to start the season..??

I read on the Nilsen Report that BB is trying to get four former HGs to return as coaches, they said it's a rumor, and we should take it with a grain of salt.

So far, only two unnamed past winners have basically shown great interest to reappear pending negotiations on certain “perks” that they are requesting. One such winner was last seen on ‘The Amazing Race’ not too long ago, and the other has a scheduling conflict with his college which may (or may not) be cleared in time before the June 25th premier.

And since you asked my opinion (in the topic title), I want all new HGs, I too would like a mix of ages and more diversity in hometowns. I'm tired of East/West coasters dominating, there are about a dozen states that have never been represented on BB. I don't want anyone that has an agent, or has been on a reality show before, or has any connection to Grodner & Kass.

And... I've been saying this for several seasons: Shake up the format, make them expect the unexpected. The fact that the HGs can predict exactly what competition will be played on what week means it's time to shake things up. What would happen if they had a PoV competition with the possibility that no one might get a PoV? That would F up a lot of plans. What if there was a limit on the amount of food the Have-Nots could have, but the Have could share their food. I still like the idea that everything would be based on a BB currency where you would do and win tasks to earn $ that you could trade for food, or even save up and buy a PoV. Then introduce the BB sweatshop where they'd have to make t-shirts and stuff that we could buy on eBay, or CBS, with the profits going to charity, and the HG earning points or currency that could be used for food or rewards. But I'm wasting my time, because we all know the producers are too lazy to change anything.

I so agree with you Morty. For one thing I think the slop is getting old and they sleep so much I like that Big Brother Canada makes them stay up. My nephew applied for the first time this year but was not even given a shot so I know that they have plenty of applicates each year surely they could find 16 people out of all the thousans they get.

I certainly hope they change up the format this time around as well. It is getting very stale. Having returning hamsters is fine, but please not coaches again. That was the weakest season, and the coaching thing was a joke.

I'd really love to see some "twists" that actually are twists. Canada did some great stuff this year, with the hidden room, and the mini-challenges that they gave to the houseguests (still makes me laugh thinking about Allison and John and their drinking challenge!) even the power they gave to Adel, although not really all that great, made for some great paranoia from the other houseguests as they tried to reason out how and when it might be used. I also agree that making them stay awake would be a nice change. As a feed watcher it's pretty damn boring when they all conk out at 2pm in the afternoon and you don't really see them agan until midnight.

At least it seems that CBS learned their lesson this year, and let us Canadians sign up for the live feeds right away. Last year was a pain in the ass trying to figure out how to get around the blocks (but we did!).

2e3csv4.gif

Eh, I ignore political BS. All parties are sheeple.png

I just pray that we don't have a season like last year where the discussion was never about the game but it was only about racist people and every word said was dissected.We were all supposed to love Elissa the goddess.

Last year was a really chitty season and that weasel Andy won the game.

uggg

I actually thought the coaches twist could have been kind of cool IF they hadn't made a complete mockery out of it by letting Dan force all the coaches to join the game because he was on his last leg. That was probably the most absurd twist I have ever seen on Big Brother in terms of unfairness! If they had just kept the coaches in the background, having their own little strategic side game with each other and offering the newbies advice, it could have been an interesting way to add some extra layers of complexity to the game. Instead, they threw it all out the window to once again try to make returning players the stars of the show.

I don't think the coach twist is a bad idea in itself, at least to try out once, but when you basically just throw the twist away a quarter into the season without letting us see it play out, what the hell is the point of having twists at all?

I would not mind seeing past member couples except no Brenchal

Danielle and her new husband Dominic

Funny Will Heuser and a partner

Jeff & Jordan

James Rhine and a partner

Dan and his wife or sister

as much as I can't stand Amanda bring her back with McCrae (even if they have broken up)

Jodi Rollins season 14 who never got to play and a partner

Kaysar Ridha from season 6 and a partner

Cowboy and his wife if he is married or his sister Nakomis.

(I think that kinda mixes it up)

:popcorn:

Jeff and Jordan.

Jeff was a bully to her and she was .....

beyond DUMB

tumblr_mi86rvEcGB1rhzf4ho1_400.gif

Jordan is not the sharpest knife in the drawer but I like her and she is entertaining

Jeff seems to be a nice guy. He has a typical Chicago personality that I grew up with. I think he is a teaser and has a little temper but I never thought of him as a bully. The word bully is way overused now days. JMO

I couldn't remember his name but I remember that I didn't like him. Andy. That said, how frikken stupid were they to let it play-out the way it did and him win? He deserved it; I guess. Anyway, I would prefer not to see Jeff or Jordan or Rachel or Brendon or Danielle - I wouldn't mind Danielle Reyes but that won't happen. Controversy=bucks so I am expecting some of that and to tell you the truth; if a person watched just the CBS edit/shows they would be looking at Big Brother from a different angle, to be sure, and CBS enjoys those steady, less-informed viewers. That, and 85% of the fun of Big Brother for me is Morty's and the hilarious differences of opinion, disputes, quarrels and fun.

In my perfect BB world, they would reach to the depths of the Big Brother Vault and bring back some people from long ago.