Lydia, 42

Fishmonger

Lakewood, WA

Margaret, 43

Family Nurse Practitioner

Chardon, OH

Morgan, 21

Magician

I heard Jeff Probst on a radio show in Chicago today and he was saying that Gary (ex pro footballguy) used an alias because he didn't want anyone to know who he was. Gary decided if anyone recognized him he would just say "I get that a lot". Gary was afraid Danni was going to recognize him and 'out' him. Jeff Probst never said if anyone recognized Gary or not.

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: The Insider

Inside Survivor's Toughest Season Yet

by Angel Cohn

Survivor: Guatemala kicked off its new season (premiering tonight at 8 pm/ET) in an unusual way. CBS got such former cast members as Rupert Boneham, Gervase Peterson, "Boston" Rob Mariano and host-with-the-most Jeff Probst to cluster in Times Square under a "Mayan pyramid."

There, they greeted fans and put the onlookers' Survivor trivia knowledge to the test in a tribal council setting. This brave reporter even managed to get into a group and, thanks to having watched the show religiously for 10 seasons, won some prizes (a T-shirt, DVD set and hat). But it wasn't all fun and games

Guest poohBear

"THE TRIBE HAS SPOKEN" PREDICTION(opinion of course)

Episode 1: September 15th

Nakum Tribe

JIM LYNCH

Without very much underground or inside info out there thus far, we gotta put our thinking caps on here. From Jeff Probst's description of him, Jim rubs all sorts of people the wrong way and is not a good listener. It is either his way or the highway. That kind of mindset doesn't float on Survivor. Couple that with the assumption that Jim could be the male player who gets seriously ill from the hike, he could be a BIG liability in such a harsh environment. hasta ladia dude.

Yaxha Tribe

BRIANNA VARELA

The likelihood is that Yaxha wins the Immunity Challenge on tonight's episode so everyone is probably safe there and we won't see too much of their tribal interaction. It is a toss up between the older Lydia and Brianna. Lydia doesn't seem like she has the athletic prowess to survive but her personality might make up for that. Sort like Sandra did on the Pearl Islands. In his pre-series interviews, Probst is really down on Brianna. He is suggesting that she applied to be on the series for some other reason than to play the game. In a recent interview, Brianna said about her experience: "I think 'fun' is one of the last things I'd call it. I was getting bitten and starving myself."

Nakum Tribe

JIM LYNCH

Without very much underground or inside info out there thus far, we gotta put our thinking caps on here. From Jeff Probst's description of him, Jim rubs all sorts of people the wrong way and is not a good listener. It is either his way or the highway. That kind of mindset doesn't float on Survivor. Couple that with the assumption that Jim could be the male player who gets seriously ill from the hike, he could be a BIG liability in such a harsh environment. hasta ladia dude.

Yaxha Tribe

BRIANNA VARELA

The likelihood is that Yaxha wins the Immunity Challenge on tonight's episode so everyone is probably safe there and we won't see too much of their tribal interaction. It is a toss up between the older Lydia and Brianna. Lydia doesn't seem like she has the athletic prowess to survive but her personality might make up for that. Sort like Sandra did on the Pearl Islands. In his pre-series interviews, Probst is really down on Brianna. He is suggesting that she applied to be on the series for some other reason than to play the game. In a recent interview, Brianna said about her experience: "I think 'fun' is one of the last things I'd call it. I was getting bitten and starving myself."

Nakum Tribe

JIM LYNCH

Yaxha Tribe

BRIANNA VARELA

Guest poohBear

Contestants

Yaxha Tribe

BRIAN CORRIDAN

Thinks he is Richard Hatch Version 2.1. Might do well

GARY HOGEBOOM

Lying about his true identity might get him into hot water but...he is a definite asset to his team.

RAFE JUDKINS

Probst believes viewers will grow to love him because he is understated and always in control. A funny guy

MORGAN McDEVITT

Probst didn't think she had a chance at first but she proved him wrong. Probst thinks she will be portrayed as an underdog.

LYDIA MORALES

Probst: She is very charming but probably won't last long. No much fish to catch and therefore won't be putting her skills to great use

JAMIE NEWTON

A good heart but has an attitude problem. Could be an asset in challenges.

AMY O'HARA

Probst says she is a big mouth and very tough. Depending on if she ruffles some feathers or not, she could be a solid team player in the short term.

BRIANNA VARELA

Probst: She had another reason for being on the series. Probst wasn't sure why she applied to be on the show in the first place. Apparently, Brianna couldn't hack the environment.

Nakum Tribe

BRANDON BELLINGER

Probst: He has a big mouth which could get him into trouble but people like him.

DANNI BOATWRIGHT

Probst is really high on this player. He is hyping her...BIG TIME. That could mean she doesn't last long. She might make an enemy out of Gary if she tried to out him as a football player

MARGARET BOBONICH

This is a very physical season. The climate is savage. Her nursing skills might save her but for how long?

CINDY HALL

Doesn't get along well with people but knows about the outdoors and might have survival skills.

JIM LYNCH

Gets really sick. Stubborn,very bossy and doesn't listen to others ,who probably won't last too long unless his wisdom is appreciated.

JUDD SERGEANT

A student of the game with a bad temper,arrogant. Very good at manipulating people.

BROOKE STRUCK

Could be quiet and deadly...or just plain boring. A lawyer and not very powerful when it comes to physical challenges

BLAKE TOWSLEY(only slight cute one of all the orignal contestants)

Most of Probst's comments about him were from pre-production.

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

Survivor: Guatemala

Survivor is in Guatemala, and the big twist is that two popular players are back for a second shot... and they are Stephenie and Bobby Jon from the losing Ulong tribe on Survivor: Palau. While Jeff Probst gives them a lot of credit, calling Bobby one of the hardest-working players ever, and Stephenie one of the toughest women, I think that from the outset, these two are at a disadvantage yet again. That fear is only slightly boosted when, after a 24-hour, 11-mile trek through the jungle, Bobby is dehydrated and his eyes are rolling back in his head

DANNI BOATWRIGHT

Probst is really high on this player. He is hyping her...BIG TIME. That could mean she doesn't last long. She might make an enemy out of Gary if she tried to out him as a football player

Well, it could also be that Jeff knows the outcome to the game already, since, all of it is pre-taped, except for the life annuncement of the winner...she may have lasted long enough to make it to the jury or final 4, 3, or 2. Or maybe be, like Stephanie last season, was eliminated for being too damn good at challenges.

LA TIMES

11th 'Survivor' edition draws fewer votes

Is "Survivor" in trouble?

"Survivor: Guatemala," the 11th edition of CBS' popular reality series, opened Thursday to the lowest premiere ratings since the show first became a sensation back in the summer of 2000.

An average of 18.4 million viewers tuned in, according to Nielsen Media Research, making it the night's most-watched show. But that was lower than last year's premiere for "Survivor: Vanuatu" (19.1 million) and February's opening of "Survivor: Palau" (23.7 million).

CBS spokesman Chris Ender said that the ratings must be put in perspective. President Bush's live address delayed "Survivor's" scheduled 8 p.m. start in the Mountain Time Zone, he said. Also, the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina has essentially knocked CBS' New Orleans affiliate out of commission, Ender said.

"The continued ratings success of 'Survivor' defies gravity," he said. "Show me another series in its 11th edition that draws 18.5 million viewers."

Guest ranster627

Survivor

So I get why Gary is lying about his NFL background... presumably people would see him as a threat because he's an athlete and that he might not need the cash because quarterbacks would probably bring in a decent hunk of change. However, I totally thought the jig was up when Danni

Guest ranster627

So I would totally watch that Mayan ball game if it was on as a competitive sport. Heck, it would beat Extreme Dodgeball, though the post-game human sacrifices could get a little messy, so maybe just a week of doing the winner's bidding or something would be enough of a punishment for the losers. Unfortunately, I'm not sure who besides these millionaire wannabes would be willing to play this tough game in sweltering 114-degree conditions

Guest ranster627

I just started to remember everyone's names and what teams they were on and now they've done a big switcheroo. Did some smart producer see the writing on the wall for the former Yaxha tribe who had been on a losing streak and look back to last seasons Palau debacle with Stephenie and Bobby Jon and have a d

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE INSIDER

Burning Survivor Questions Answered!

by Jessica Coen

Vomiting? Early tribe-switching? An apple for a meal? You asked for explanations about CBS' Survivor: Guatemala (Thursdays at 8 pm/ET), and TV Guide's got 'em, courtesy of host Jeff Probst, series creator Mark Burnett and unit manager Dick Beckett.

TV Guide: Why did you bring back Palau's Stephenie and Bobby Jon?

Jeff Probst: We believed that people wanted to see them again. Steph was this underdog. Everyone thought, "What if she could have been on a tribe that had won one or two challenges? She might've won that damn game." And Bobby Jon was never voted out. The only reason he left the game was that it came down to him and Stephenie, and we had a fire-making competition, and he had taught her how to make fire

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATER COOLER

Survivor

Bobby Jon said it was his "lifelong dream" to make it to jury on Survivor. Well after tonight, when he made it to the merge, he is one step closer. I do find it a little hard to believe that it is his lifelong dream. I know that he is young, but the show hasn't been on for that long. I just feel a little bit bad for Amy, who got sent home, but perhaps it is Gary who should be worried since Amy promised that if she found out he was lying about his football past, she was going to "beat [him] down like a stepchild." Whatever that means. Between her and Bobby Jon, I am always more than a little bit confused by their comments, but I'll just go with it. At least before Yaxha had to vote someone off, they embraced the party spirit and even invited their Nakum "enemies" over for a pool party. That's gotta be a Survivor first

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

Buh-bye Brandon. I'll miss that strong, silent farmer and his thoughtful ways. Until now I always thought that chewing on cornstalks was only something done in the movies. Guess I was wrong, but if I was that hungry, I'd probably be chomping on anything I could get my hands on. I did think it was really interesting that the people complaining most about the lack of food were not the ones who looked the most emaciated. Stephenie, Rafe, Lydia and Jamie practically dove onto that big buffet, knowing their butts were safe, but I really want to give Danni, Cindy and Gary a pizza or something. They are looking so thin, isn't it about time for one of those food-auction challenges? But it seems like this is the season of survivor shake-ups. Like the whole hidden-in-the-jungle-immunity-idol thing

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

ANNNNND... THEY'RE OFF!:

The Eye Network resoundingly won Thursday, the first night of the November sweeps ratings period, as Survivor: Guatemala's 18.5 million torch carriers beat out NBC's Joey and Will & Grace (netting about 8 mil each) and Fox's The O.C. (6.6 mil). At 9 pm, CSI's 28.5 million loyalists had an easy victory over runner-up The Apprentice (albeit with a season-best 11 mil), while at 10 o'clock Without a Trace's 20.3 million viewers bested ER (14.3 mil), though the two were almost neck-in-neck in key demos. And ABC, you ask? Its airing of Pirates of the Caribbean didn't capture much booty, averaging just 8.4 million for the night.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

MORE AND MORE SURVIVOR: CBS has ordered not one but two additional seasons of Survivor, to air during the 2006-2007 TV season . No destination locales were announced, but as the series continues, it looks as if some remote sections of New Jersey may need to start being considered.

(***jumping up and down yelling...YESSSSSSS***)

ap_75.jpg

CBS Orders More Editions of 'Survivor'

survivor300x200.jpg

'Survivor'

CBS has ordered more editions of "Survivor" for next season but it remains uncertain whether host Jeff Probst will stay with the reality series. The network said it will air the 13th and 14th versions of "Survivor" in the 2006-07 season.

The contract with Probst, who has been with the show since it started in summer 2000, extends through the "Survivor" now in production. Probst, 43, told People magazine last month that he is mulling renewal of his "Survivor" contract.

"There's the inevitable point where you go, 'Do I want to do other things?'" he says. "But . . . I'll never have as good a job as 'Survivor.'" Negotiations on a new contract have yet to begin.

That 12th version, being filmed at an undisclosed location, will be broadcast next spring. "Survivor: Guatemala" is currently airing. The show from executive producer Mark Burnett remains a consistent top 10 ratings performer and a key part of the Thursday night lineup, CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler said.

Won't be the same if Jeff isn't on. <_<

Survivor: Guatemala---The Maya Empire

OK, Survivor's ready? Today's challenge is for my own purposes. Raise your hands if you've lied in the last few days. Stephenie, Judd, Jamie, Gary... I'm not seeing those palms in the air people... remember that we are taping this show and people at home will be judging you... No? Alrighty then, congrats on finding that immunity idol Gary, you've saved yourself for another three days at least. Hope you are feeling good about yourself telling Mr. Probst outright that you haven't lied in this game... do the words, "I'm not Gary Hogeboom the former pro football player" ring any bells. Stephenie, I used to worship you when you were on Palau and struggling. I admired your underdog spirit and dogged determination in the face of odds, but now that you are in power... it seems like it has gone to your head. Would you really tell Gary when he was going home if you knew? You tell him you would, but clearly you had no intention of doing that. Jamie, you made a nice gesture by giving up your food reward so that everyone else got a better meal to make up for being such an ass last week. It probably wasn't a totally selfless move, but good strategy. But now, we saw Gary come over and say he'd vote however you wanted but what did you tell your alliance mates again? Was it that Gary specifically said he was targeting you? Yeah. Judd, you won that nice reward and then picked... Bobby Jon and Stephenie to share in your drunken cigar filled evening. Weird, but fine. But you also got a clue where that immunity idol is and that it wasn't on the ground. Now what did you tell your whole team (except for Steph) again? Oh yeah, that it was absolutely on the ground. Nice. Thanks for playing. Probably the only person who has been completely honest in the game is Bobby Jon who just got the boot. I've got a feeling this is all going to get ugly really, really soon.

Jeff Probst just signed a NEW multiyear contract & WILL stay wi' Survivor!

Bill Brioux

Sun Media

September 22, 2005

Today, Rock Star: INXS. Tomorrow, Survivor?

Executive producer Mark Burnett told the Sun Sept. 21 that Nova Scotia-native J.D. Fortune