Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

As The World Turns

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
Courtesy of; TV GUIDE,TODAYS NEWS: OUR TAKE

As the World Turns Wraps Production After 54 Years

Jun 24, 2010 11:33 PM ET
by Kate Stanhope

As the World Turns has wrapped production after 54 years, according to The Associated Press. The final episode will air Sept. 17.

"It's been a job and a home and friendships for 50 years," longtime star Don Hastings told the AP at the final taping Wednesday. "I don't think it's hit me yet."

Daytime TV's longest-running soap opera, which follows the Hughes and Lowell families of Oakdale, Ill., was canceled in December after falling behind in the ratings in recent years. The hourlong show attracts an average of 2.4 million viewers per episode.

Helen Wagner, who starred on the series since its inception, died in May at 91.

After its debut on April 2, 1956, As the World Turns was the most-watched drama for 20 years. It was on the air Nov. 22, 1963, when Walter Cronkite cut in to announce the bulletin that President John F. Kennedy was assassinated.

As the World Turns, which has won four Daytime Emmys for outstanding drama series, is nominated for 13 awards at Sunday's 37th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards.

Past cast members included Marisa Tomei, Meg Ryan, Parker Posey, Martin Sheen, Steven Weber and Julianne Moore, who returned to the soap earlier this year.

The show's end follow the demise of CBS' Guiding Light, which went off the air in September after running 72 years on radio and television. ABC's General Hospital will become TV's longest-running soap; it debuted in April 1963.

Are you sad As the World Turns is going off the air?

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Happy that Maura West and Michael Park won best actress and actor at the Daytime Emmy's YAYAYYA... of course it made me cry

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
^^^^^^^^^Me tooooooooo!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users