Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

As The World Turns

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

MissMorales

MissMorales

• Pip
  • 169 posts
I don't like Jade very much either. I hope she isn't really preg. and if she is it turns out not to be Wills. I have missed the show a lot lately especially around the time when Ben died. Could someone tell me if they did anyting with Hal on the show or explained where Hal is? Thanks

TheStilesClan

TheStilesClan

• Pip
  • 2,748 posts
nope miss the Hal storyline is still just hanging there I have heard they are supposed to resolve the storyline soon. And they are not recasting him from what I hear

Guest_StarBaby_*

Guest_StarBaby_*
  • Guests
I think I heard "Hal" referred to once since Ben Hendrickson's death. Seems as if someone mentioned in passing that he was in DC or something. I think they are just trying to figure out how to kill him off on the show, and waiting long enough so that it won't be so painful for the other actors on the show. Can you imagine having to play out his exit from the show? It would just be awful for them.

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
Well that was a 6 hankie day today, the flashbacks were killing me

peppertrail

peppertrail

• Pip
  • 83 posts
Wow, no one has posted in this thread in a long time!! I adore this show. I am sad to see Gwen and Will leaving, as well as Martha Byrne not renewing her contract.

I hope Jack and Carly get back together after all this mess with Parker, Sam, and Kit.

Anyone else think Kit didn't kill Sam, and that Gray did?

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,492 posts
Aw, man, they can't write off Lily, and they sure can't replace her. They tried that once and it was a dismal failure. Let's hope they can work something out.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,492 posts
Sucks that Will and Gwyn are out, but not surprising. I am surprised Jennifer Landon has stuck around as long as she has. I am sure we will be seeing her either in primetime or in the movies. And someday (in two or three years LOL) Hallie will be back as a smartass rebellious teenager.

Moxie

Moxie

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 1,838 posts
I have a question. I noticed the other day they are now filming As the World Turns and Guiding Light in a 'normal' setting. They are no longer on a set so where do they film these soaps now? I looked on the net but couldn't find anything. If you can tell me I'd appreciate it! smile.gif

SerenityNow

SerenityNow

• Pip
  • 654 posts
Moxie, I gave a quick look and found these recent July postings regarding ATWT filming.

ATWT and ATWT

Moxie

Moxie

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 1,838 posts
Thanks for the response Serenity but I don't think that accounts for the houses and country settings they show. They've been seen by a pond in the country, average houses in some community but just don't know where. Hopefully something else will show up. I've tried to Google this thing every which way I can and still can't find anything about where they film on a daily basis. It's frustrating because I'm usually pretty good with my Google searches, lol

SerenityNow

SerenityNow

• Pip
  • 654 posts
lol, ok, that's why I prefaced by saying a 'quick look'. I just gave more of a look and couldn't find anything beyond the studio they film at. I remember way back when people were wondering where the Snider farm and pond were too. Couldn't find that either. What good am I? animated_scratchchin.gif

rolleyes.gif

Anyway, maybe somebody else can figure it out.

I used to watch this show daily and got away from it a bit. I still watch but just every so often to keep up.

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,839 posts
Courtesy of; CBSPRESSEXPRESS

CBS's DAYTIME DRAMA "AS THE WORLD TURNS" HOLDS OPEN AUDITIONS IN THREE CITIES
Talent Search in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Greenville

Local Talent To Tape Episodes On-Location In Their Hometown

CBS's daytime drama AS THE WORLD TURNS is kicking off the "As The World Turns Never Surrender Tour" by holding open casting calls in three cities across the United States. Emmy-Award winning casting director Mary Clay Boland will audition aspiring actors in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Greenville, S.C. Ten locals will be selected to appear in upcoming episodes of AS THE WORLD TURNS that will be taped on-location in each city. Chosen actors will work with Michael Park (Detective "Jack Snyder") as his character travels the country trying to make amends for a life-changing experience. Although beaten down by the turn of events, the audience has come to expect that he "never surrenders," and will watch him grapple with his own guilt.

The screen test is open to men and women 18 years and older who are eligible to work in the United States. Those wishing to audition should bring a completed copy of the application and a signed release form, which are available online at each individual station's Web site. Copies of the application and the audition scene will also be available at each location's casting call.

The casting calls are as follows:

Tuesday, Sept. 15:
Philadelphia
Boscov's (Neshaminy Mall)
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
200 Neshaminy Avenue
Bensalem, PA 19020
KYW-TV http://www.kyw.com/

Thursday, Sept. 17:
Pittsburgh
The Mall at Robinson
11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
100 Robinson Center Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15205
KDKA-TV http://www.kdka.com/

Thursday, Sept. 24:
Greenville, S.C.
Poinsett Auction and Realty
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
57 Smith Tractor Road
Travelers Rest, S.C. 29690
WSPA-TV http://www.wspa.com/

AS THE WORLD TURNS tapes in Brooklyn, N.Y. and is broadcast on the CBS Television Network (check local listings). Christopher Goutman is the executive producer and Jean Passanante and David Kreizman make up the head writing team.

On the Web: https://webmail.cbs....a...urns/about/

Press Contacts:
Meredith Tiger 212-975-3829 mftiger@cbs.com
Cindy Marshall 818-655-1586 cindy.marshall@cbs.com

Photo Contacts:
Paula Breck 212-975-3811 pjbreck@cbs.com

ATWT:
Lisa Lugassy 212-474-5801 lisa.lugassy@telenextmedia.com

ZuZuMamou

ZuZuMamou

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 3,242 posts

CBS cancels long-running soap As the World Turns
Last Updated: Tuesday, December 8, 2009 | 12:34 PM ET Comments10Recommend22
CBC News

Just three months after long-running soap opera Guiding Light went dark, CBS has announced it is also cancelling As the World Turns.

The U.S. television network announced Tuesday that the final episode of the New York-shot daytime series would be broadcast in September 2010 — the drama's 54th year on air.

The decision will leave CBS with two daytime dramas in its schedule: The Young and the Restless and Bold and the Beautiful.

As the World Turns, which debuted in April 1956, revolves around the lives of the Hughes family and other prominent citizens in the fictional town of Oakdale, Ill.

Like its sister show, Guiding Light — which ended in September after more than 70 years on radio and television — As the World Turns was once a rating hit that drew millions of viewers.

Also like GL, it provided a stepping stone for a host of actors who later graduated to more prominent film and TV roles, including James Earl Jones, Julianne Moore, Marisa Tomei, Meg Ryan, Courtney Cox, Parker Posey, Martin Sheen and Zsa Zsa Gabor.

Though soap operas have attempted to woo new audiences in recent years with shorter and more sensational storylines, high-profile guest stars and adapted sets and shooting styles, the daytime drama genre has suffered and, in general, seen ever-dwindling audiences.
With files from The Associated Press

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
Once Guiding Light got cancelled I knew it was just a matter of time and it still makes me sad disappointed.gif

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,492 posts
Well I'm f'ing pissed! True I don't watch it often right now because they are being stupid with the writing, I would have become a regular again, once they quite jacking around with my fave characters. But cancelled? NOT acceptable!!! What are they going to replace it with, another stupid game show like Let's make a freaking Deal? BLECH

ZuZuMamou

ZuZuMamou

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 3,242 posts
Sure feels like an era is coming to an end. sad.gif

I used to watch this and DOOL woth my Grandmother - been hooked ever since!

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,492 posts
I know ZuZu. And I know ATWT gets off track from time to time, but they always have managed to return to their roots and get it going the right way eventually. At least now maybe they will get some of my faves back together to wrap up the show. But seriously, I hate this.

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
down.gif
'As the World Turns' star Helen Wagner dies by Kate Ward Deadline reports actress Helen Wagner, who starred on As the World Turns as Nancy Hughes, has passed away at the age of 91. Wagner, a National Academy of Television lifetime achievement award winner, also holds the Guinness world record for playing Nancy Hughes for 54 years — the longest time an actor has played the same character on television. Wagner died Saturday.

www.ew.com

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,492 posts
QUOTE (pinkie @ May 2 2010, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
down.gif
'As the World Turns' star Helen Wagner dies by Kate Ward Deadline reports actress Helen Wagner, who starred on As the World Turns as Nancy Hughes, has passed away at the age of 91. Wagner, a National Academy of Television lifetime achievement award winner, also holds the Guinness world record for playing Nancy Hughes for 54 years — the longest time an actor has played the same character on television. Wagner died Saturday.

www.ew.com

Oh that makes me so sad. I was hoping she would be around for the end of the series. She was just a lovely lady and she aged so gracefully.

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
As the World Turns taped its 13,858th and final episode at its Brooklyn, N.Y. studios today, ending its storied run on CBS. Ever since the network announced last December that it would shutter the show, ATWT has attempted to reward its small but loyal fan base with a stream of familiar faces from the show’s 54-year run, including the return of Julianne Moore (who got her start on the show by playing half-sisters Frannie and Sabrina Hughes in the ’80s), Larry Bryggman (John Dixon), Jennifer Landon (Gwen Munson), Jesse Soffer (Will Munson), Cady McClain (Rosanna Cabot), and Mary Beth Evans (Sierra Drake).Since daytime soaps tape several weeks in advance, the final episode of ATWT will air in September. TeleNext Media, the company that has produced the sudser, released this statement today to EW: “Last December, when CBS informed us that they were canceling As The World Turns, we immediately launched a far-reaching search to find a new outlet for the show,” said Brian T. Cahill, senior VP and managing director of TeleNext Media Inc. “We have aggressively pursued network and cable outlets as well as syndication options, and have explored many innovative formats and relationships that we hoped would ultimately enable the future success of As The World Turns. Regrettably, we have not found an outlet or platform that will carry the show forward. This is an extremely disappointing outcome to what was a tireless and exhaustive pursuit.

“While we are sad to see As The World Turns come to an end, we remain proud of the achievements the show has made over the last 54 years and are extremely grateful to the loyal fans who invited us into their homes every day. There is still much in store for the show’s well-loved characters throughout the summer, and although the show will go off the air in September, the remaining stories will honor the remarkable history of As The World Turns.”

With 2.51 million viewers, ATWT remains the least watched soap in daytime. The network will likely replace it with a game show, but no decision has been made.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users