Sign in to follow this  
SweetSensation

As The World Turns

SPOILER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Rumor is Jennifer Will Die In Dusty Arms after they exchange vows.

It's certainly looking like she is going to die. I'll miss her character. She really was the only good one in that family, just like Will said. Broke my heart when I saw him crying. (Well, broke my heart in a just a t.v. show kind of way....lol) The movie she made for Johnny today was really something. So sad. Lots of story to come from her death. I'm STILL hoping against all hope, along with Dusty. Hope she makes a miraculous recovery, but I doubt it. :(

AND will Carly and Jack just get back together already? I don't watch this during the regular school season, but started back up with it a couple of weeks ago...on a regular watching basis. I really don't know what happened to make them want to divorce in the first place. I surely hope they don't. They go together like peas and carrots. :)

They split because Carly was trying to help Jack and ended up causing all kinds of problems.

Im still hoping they get back together. If you want mores scoop PM me I will give the lowdown

yes, i read that earlier today... cause the boards where down for maintenance....

very sad.

I posted this in the obits part but here it is agn

I wonder how the story line will go Im wondering if they will make it suicide on the show in result of Jens death. I hope they just have him killed in a car accident or something because I think it would be disrespectful to him and his family.

Any ideas guys???

I think they should do a murder mystery... It could tie in because he kept having to excuse himself because unforseen phone calls...they could write it that those meaningless phone calls were threats and he covered with his family by lying and saying that the phone calls were nothing. Maybe Will could be the next detective in the family to find out what really happen to his father.. mother Barbara would love that getting arrested by her own son in future schenes..U know she wont be on the straight an narrow for long.

I think they will jsut replace Hal...unfortunately..although I dont think any actor could replace him. I just watched the last 3 days of it with Jennifer dying and I was crying. I loved that character and I loved her and Dusty together.... now unfortunately I see him and Lucy getting back together and raising Johnny...and ya know somewhere craig will come back.. UGHHHH

They said on CBS they will prob retire his name because he is the only one that has ever played Hal Munson

I just watched the last 3 days of it with Jennifer dying and I was crying I was crying too it was so sad.

I JUST WANT TO GO ON RECORD STATING I HATE DUSTY AND GLAD JEN IS GONE whew glad I got that off my chest...explain later now i have to get to wor...

Benjamin Hendrickson is not the only person who has played Hal. He took a year or so off (think it was about the time his mother died) and they brought in Randolph Mantooth, who was on Loving and Emergency! I don't think they should replace him, because he just embodied the role. One of best lines about him was from Elizabeth Hubbard, (Lucinda). She was talking about the "grimly attractive Det. Munson."

He also played on All My Children as Trevor ( The guy who replace the orignal Hal Munson)

DID I SAY HOW MUCH I HATE DUSTY AND GLAD JEN IS GONE...YES JEN FUNERAL WAS TOUCHING HOWEVER SHE WAS GETTING ON MY NERVES AND IT TOOK HER A WEEK TO LEAVE...I WAS LIKE BYE NOW OK.. I know that is harsh but I really couldnt stand her and Dusty...

On a personal note I will miss Hal though....I wish he could have had someone to talk too.. It is hard to get through something like this...I wish his family well and healing...

About recasting, I think it depends on the actor and the role. There are certain actors that basically embody the role and no amount of recasting will work. As an example, I am not an AMC fan, but I could never see anyone playing Erica Kane except Susan Lucci. The same thing goes for my other soap GL. I can't see anybody playing Reva Shayne except Kim Zimmer. I really can't see anybody playing Lucinda on ATWT except Elizabeth Hubbard. GL tried to recast Roger Thorpe when Michael Zaslow became ill with a mysterious ailment (later diagnosed as ALS) and it just didn't work. It may have been because of the circumstances surrounding his exit (GL couldn't or wouldn't work with him about his medical condition, but another soap he had been on, OLTL, managed to craft a valid storyline about his condition), but I think a lot of it was people just couldn't see someone else playing Roger. On the other hand, when Christopher Bernau (who originated the role of Alan Spaulding) died, I didn't think they could recast him, but Ron Raines is has managed to make the role his own.

I just found out something. Spencer Grammer (Lucy) is Kelsey Grammer(Fraiser)'s daughter. I was suspicious when I heard her name then I kind of thought she looked like him, but I just checked on Wikipedia to confirm it. That makes the third second generation TV star that has starred on ATWT in the last two years. Jennifer Landon (Gwen, Michael Landon's daughter) and Jake Weary (Kim Zimmer's son, former Luke) were the first two. Another interesting thing to note: Peyton List (former Lucy) Jake Weary, and Spencer Grammer have all made guest appearances on Law and Order: SVU. Of course then again half of the soap stars based in New York have made at least one appearance on one of the Law and Order shows.

I am so disguisted by Jade that it sickens me. I really hope that Gwen and Will make it thru this I love them together I HOPE shes not pregnant and is just lying. Cause Gwen already cant give Will a baby. Ok I am done with my rant

I don't like Jade very much either. I hope she isn't really preg. and if she is it turns out not to be Wills. I have missed the show a lot lately especially around the time when Ben died. Could someone tell me if they did anyting with Hal on the show or explained where Hal is? Thanks

nope miss the Hal storyline is still just hanging there I have heard they are supposed to resolve the storyline soon. And they are not recasting him from what I hear

Guest StarBaby

I think I heard "Hal" referred to once since Ben Hendrickson's death. Seems as if someone mentioned in passing that he was in DC or something. I think they are just trying to figure out how to kill him off on the show, and waiting long enough so that it won't be so painful for the other actors on the show. Can you imagine having to play out his exit from the show? It would just be awful for them.

Wow, no one has posted in this thread in a long time!! I adore this show. I am sad to see Gwen and Will leaving, as well as Martha Byrne not renewing her contract.

I hope Jack and Carly get back together after all this mess with Parker, Sam, and Kit.

Anyone else think Kit didn't kill Sam, and that Gray did?

Aw, man, they can't write off Lily, and they sure can't replace her. They tried that once and it was a dismal failure. Let's hope they can work something out.

Sucks that Will and Gwyn are out, but not surprising. I am surprised Jennifer Landon has stuck around as long as she has. I am sure we will be seeing her either in primetime or in the movies. And someday (in two or three years LOL) Hallie will be back as a smartass rebellious teenager.

I have a question. I noticed the other day they are now filming As the World Turns and Guiding Light in a 'normal' setting. They are no longer on a set so where do they film these soaps now? I looked on the net but couldn't find anything. If you can tell me I'd appreciate it! :)

Thanks for the response Serenity but I don't think that accounts for the houses and country settings they show. They've been seen by a pond in the country, average houses in some community but just don't know where. Hopefully something else will show up. I've tried to Google this thing every which way I can and still can't find anything about where they film on a daily basis. It's frustrating because I'm usually pretty good with my Google searches, lol