Sign in to follow this  
JEDI

Yung "Woo" Hwang (Brawn)

qb3c.jpg

Name (Age): Yung “Woo” Hwang (29)
Tribe Designation: Brawn Tribe
Current Residence: Newport Beach, Calif.
Personal Claim to Fame: Graduating College
Inspiration in Life: My parents. They taught me the meaning of hard work and commitment.
Hobbies: Martial arts, surfing and sports (Basketball, Tennis, Soccer, Golf).
Pet Peeves: Rude and loud people with no manners.
3 Words to Describe You: Loyal, positive and ambitious.
If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why? A surfboard to surf remote untouched waves in an empty lineup all to myself; A football to pass some time; and a martial art weapon (nunchaku, bo staff or katana): practicing weapons makes me feel alive!
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: With my martial arts experience, my game is very strong, humble, grateful and respectful, much like Ozzy. Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: Adventure of a life time. It’s a great opportunity to test myself both physically and mentally. Also, it’s a great chance to participate in an amazing game for the chance to be crowned the Sole Survivor and win a million stacks!
Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I have both the physical and social game to make it to the end. More importantly, I think it’s my instincts and ability to adapt to my surroundings that will allow me to "survive" in this game.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: This game was made for me! I’m smart and can play a great social game. People tend to like me. I’m fast and agile. I’ll do great in obstacle course challenges. I have undeniable focus and concentration and I’ll smash the competition in balancing challenges. I can swim well and climb coconut trees. I am SURVIVOR!
Do You Consider Yourself a Brain, a Beauty or a Brawn? I guess I could fall under any of those categories. If I had to choose one I would have to say Brawn cause of my Martial Arts Background.
Who Do You Think Has the Best Chance in the Game of Survivor: Brains, Beauty or Brawn? That’s a tough question... I would say you want to possess all those qualities in order to win Survivor. If I had to choose one, I would say Brawn because as sports athletes they understand pressure situations of competition (composure). They have the where with all of team play, and with the structure of the game of survivor in order to advance in the game you need the help of your teammates (supportive). Brain's would fail because of their know-it-all attitudes (conflicting). The Beauties would fail because they will sit back and expect everything to be handed to them.

Watch Woo's Cast Video!

Now this one is a looker...and the martial arts training will do him good service mentally and physically. He might just have what it takes.

So far, so good. Smart to stay out of the limelight in the beginning.

So far, so good. Smart to stay out of the limelight in the beginning.

agreed

Boy is gotta step it up to stay ahead of these freaks. C'mon man it's time to bust a move.

Woo - as Tony's wing man is entertaining. He is my second fav.

I do think it is time for them to turn on each other....

Woo may very well turn on Tony but it won't be his idea. I wish he'd show some trickle of game smarts.

Guest 6Borders

Pure Survivor GOLD!!! I'd love to be a fly on the wall (or gecko on the tree)

to see what he brings to the table that does not make the weekly show!

If Spencer can't win I hope Woo does...actually I am kind of hoping he does.

No Survivor purist wants someone like Woo to win. Not only has he not done anything, he's pretty much clueless when his own alliance is making moves around him. He's a loveable clown. Not deserving of a win, though.

He's playing the game way too late. You don't start thinking "long-term" at the final 5 on day 36. That word he used, "long-term," annoyed me so much last night. There's only 3 days left!

Very. He must've told Tony he was going to vote for Trish before the tribal council. Nothing else would've made sense.

I think I would like him outside the game but he ..... has NO GAME when it comes to playing Survivor

So I am curious since most don't think he has played the game. How do you play the game of survivor? Do you play like Tony and IMO act like an ass??? Or do you play the game so you have a chance of making it to the final 3? I find it interesting every year because I think if you have lasted 36 days you have played the game. I think whatever gets you to the end gets you to the end.

There's no one way to play survivor. There's only two things you need to do to win the game. 1. Make it to the end. 2. Receive the most votes from the jury. If you happen to accomplish those two, then you deserve to win.

My issue with Woo is that he isn't playing his own game. He's playing Tony's game... or at least he was been playing Tony's game before this last tribal council. When Tony needed to blindside LJ or Jefra, he convinced Woo to do the same. In my opinion, the jury is going to see Woo as Tony's puppet. He's a great guy, but I don't believe he's thinking about how to win the game. The jury does not pick a winner simply because someone is a nice person.

Simply getting to the end is not enough. Tell that to Gervase, Sherri, Natalie (from when Boston Rob won), and all the other runner-ups in Survivor history. Many of these people were perceived as having no strategy and being tools in someone else's game. Your best chance of winning is to be perceived as having a strategy to reaching the finals instead of going with the flow.

I undertand what you're saying but when you have a really big annoying personality like Tony and you are aligned with him I think you just have to play smart meaning stay loyal to your alliance until you can't. I think that this is the point in the game that Woo is right now. I think he saw Tony as an opportunity to have an alliance that would not require him to be a target and he was loyal to that alliance.

You're right about Tony's personality. It's true that Tony's personality may turn people off. Russell Hantz did a great job making it to the final 3 twice but could never get enough jury votes. I think Coach played a good game too, but he invoked faith way too much when he was backstabbing people. I'm not sure how the jury sees Tony though.

I agree that getting to the finals requires some game play, but the jury is going to ask Woo what he, personally, did to advance his game. Juries, historically, want SOMETHING to hang their vote on. So far, I can't see anything Woo has done that would rationalize a vote.

Guest 6Borders

I disagree that Woo has not been "playing the game" or doing anything.

Watching & listening are as good a stragedy as any. Look how shocked

Kass & Spencer were when Woo was entertaining the kids at the reward

challenge. If Woo is final 3 the jury may just see a different side of him

as well!

I felt sorry for him. He looked shocked last night.

Being honorable is not likely to give you the win in Survivor.

Woo played in his comfort zone. It was obvious he didn't come to play so I hope he feels good about his experience. He was an interesting character. I actually really like Woo.

Sign in to follow this